Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #151 of 4,765

wink.gif

Actually, just when I am wondering whether to put my money in the Gold, ZX2 or both. I have the feeling the Gold is still higher end than this one no?

Gold many price-wise more expensive, performance well the balance connection can be a game changer for some. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #154 of 4,765
Update: Use the lineout as headphone out, try a different sound! 

I was wishing that the lineout gain for PAW was little less as it sometimes clips for albums which are recorded loud. Played around switching headphone out vs line out and i liked lineout more. Than I saw the a setting in "Play Setting menu" which said "line level switch". So I enabled it and yes it allows me to reduce the gain, great yes? Yes. More importantly it just provided a different sound option than its 3.5 dedicated headphone out. Since the lineout is a standard 3.5 mm jack we can simply use it as a headphone jack and since we can now change the volume I can actually use it! Great :D

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #155 of 4,765
Maybe I am wrong but whenever I see "Bluetooth" on a dedicated music product I automatically think wrongly of the product. I think for some reason any product that is trying to fit in that feature on their DAP are compromising somehow.

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #158 of 4,765
Anyone in China can please talk to Lotoo team and ask if the firmware on the both websites Chinese and English has the same firmware for all the world?
Also when is new firmware relase?
Didn't see any bugs in the last firmware but is good to know if they are still supporting this DAP.

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #159 of 4,765
The Gold is possibly the ugliest thing in audio I have seen. Makes my 901 look like it was designed by B&O.
I hope they change that gold wheel, looks like chocolate coins.

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #161 of 4,765
I had a chance to test the PHA-3 today in an extended period for a third time. In here PHA-3 costs 1099 AUD and while it is considerably cheaper to me Lotoo sound was considerably better than PHA-3. I was using the K3003 which is a tricky IEM. The only thing that perhaps that I had an issue with paired with Lotoo is that the "Ss" sounds become hot. 

On the other hand calyx M after the M-jack arrival sounds much better paired K3003 than both the Lotoo. 

Calyx M and HUGO make the K3003 sound the same whereas Lotoo shows the true characteristic of K3003 which is also evident when I listen to it via O2+ODAC.(with hugo the S sounds still there but due to its really clean and well extended lows the S do not really become a problem)

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #162 of 4,765
TH900 and Lotoo is another excellent pairing. Glad I kept the th900.

Lotoo has much more authority than calyx M in this pairing. I listen at low gain and I have enough volume headroom for most albums I listen to. High gain is always an option.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #164 of 4,765
  Update: Use the lineout as headphone out, try a different sound! 

I was wishing that the lineout gain for PAW was little less as it sometimes clips for albums which are recorded loud. Played around switching headphone out vs line out and i liked lineout more. Than I saw the a setting in "Play Setting menu" which said "line level switch". So I enabled it and yes it allows me to reduce the gain, great yes? Yes. More importantly it just provided a different sound option than its 3.5 dedicated headphone out. Since the lineout is a standard 3.5 mm jack we can simply use it as a headphone jack and since we can now change the volume I can actually use it! Great :D

Thank you Audionewbi for this tip.
The headphone out sounds much better then headphone out on low gain.
More detailed sound.
Lotoo is such a nice music player )

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #165 of 4,765
Thank you for the tip on the ATH CKR10. Very impressed with everything from my iPhone 4 to the Marantz HD Dac 1 I am playing around with. 

I am sure it sounds terrific with an excellent DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back