Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Feb 8, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #4,021 of 4,765
Lotoo is seem to be releasing a lotoo paw gold 2 this month. Detail: https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/201802/08/43256.html
It seems that this is what in China we call the Lotoo Paw Gold 2017, which has been on sale for a while, basically the same with upgraded circuit, the differences are supposedly minimal, mostly lower noise floor and cleaner power. This Lotoo Paw Gold 2 seems to be merely the Japanese name. I would have bought this new version if the new touchscreen player was not coming out soon.

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #4,023 of 4,765
It seems that this is what in China we call the Lotoo Paw Gold 2017, which has been on sale for a while, basically the same with upgraded circuit, the differences are supposedly minimal, mostly lower noise floor and cleaner power. This Lotoo Paw Gold 2 seems to be merely the Japanese name. I would have bought this new version if the new touchscreen player was not coming out soon.
The Fujia Avic Agent, who might be lying, seems to be claiming this model is replacing the LPG2017 model. Maybe just an odd rebranding.
https://twitter.com/FUJIYAAVIC/status/961427668511182848

I personally have a high hope for the new touch screen DAP. Do you have any eta on when it might be released? Any chance you visit them again?

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #4,025 of 4,765
Seems to be labeled “Lotoo PAW Gold” on its front. What other differences from the original does it have?

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #4,027 of 4,765
Interesting, so there will be a PG2 esthetically identical to the current model and a new player (that doesn't look like a brick) with android os. Will this second player be the TOTL?
Just to be clear, there are three things :
1) The Lotoo Paw Gold
2) The Lotoo Paw Gold 2017, which has exactly the same specs but apparently updated circuitry for cleaner power, etc. The sound changes are supposedly minimal. I surmise the LPG2 is just the Japanese rebranding of that
3) the upcoming new touchscreen DAP who's name unknown and that Lotoo stsrted teasing

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #4,028 of 4,765
Good news, it's high time they released a touchscreen-based DAP, while keeping the high degree of sound customization.
The wheel has to go !!! :wink:

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #4,034 of 4,765
They really have to nail the OS, as many bugs as possible.
This was of the best features of the Paw Gold, basic but was efficient.

Absolutely. I like my LPG OS, fast and simple.
I hope they can surmount of the all bugs and issues. I’ve some little concern because this is their first Android based dap, but I trust Lotoo.

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #4,035 of 4,765
Good news, it's high time they released a touchscreen-based DAP, while keeping the high degree of sound customization.
The wheel has to go !!! :wink:

I know I'll be in minority but I could not disagree more. I don't want touch screen and/or android, and like the wheel.
The only physical change I would like to see is to cut the width (in half but not more if it woudl make it fragile), while maintaining the same power/SQ/battery life (probably wishful thinking that this is even possible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back