Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by audionewbi, Nov 30, 2014.
First

Back
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
271 272 273 274 275 276
Next

Last
  1. Quadfather
    My Lotoo Paw Gold Diana is still working fabulously well. My next conquest is a Sony NW-WM1Z.

2. tienbasse
    I had Cayin N5 for almost 2 years, and it operates roughly the same way as LPG (I demod-it for a while). Straight-to-the-point UI, seems very efficient and fast..... until you try a DAP like Opus #1.
    Fast UI with no hick-up, everything is max 3 clicks away (including every settings), scrolling is lightning fast. And autonomy is 10+ hours despite being Android-based, because they cut the crap out of it (no WiFi no BT). You can leave it idle for almost 3 weeks before it is discharged.

And suddenly, I can tell you you will NEVER EVER go back to good old wheels. I didn't.

I only want LPG sound and customization with a 21st century UI that doesn't involve dozens of clicks, usb-based charging and a classier chassis.

3. audionewbi
    They have wifi , I doubt they will have full SD card.

4. tgdinamo
    I understand what you are saying and I'm sure majority strongly agree with you. However the way I use portable music players touch screen can never be better than dedicated buttons which isi why for me the screenless Tera player actually is the best UI ever invented - so perfect that it cannot be improved on further because any change would either make it too big/warm, or operating it blindly while in the pocket would be impossible. And easily operating it inside the pocket with best possible sound quality for that type of device are by far the most important features of portable music player for me.

5. twister6 Contributor
    I actually like the volume wheel :) At least for me it's a lifesaver when I test multiple iems/headphones with different sensitivity and need to quickly adjust the volume. It's a lot faster to turn the wheel than to look for volume up/down buttons and deal with a touch screen :wink:

Quadfather and kubig123 like this.
  6. audionewbi
    My favourite volume adjustment is the colorfly C4 slider.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  7. kubig123
    Yes, not only useful, also the volumes wheel actually differentiate the design of the Paw Gold from the other players, this is why I like the Canyin n5ii and how the volume wheel is incorporated into the overall design of the player.

8. cooperpwc
    Agreed. Lean OS and wheel are fine. (I do not even mind the size given the battery life and power.) But I would like USB DAC functionality...

9. ruthieandjohn
    I too love the LPG the way it is, no touch screen, no Android. But my display seems to be slowly fading, and I am not sure whether the method used by @cooperpwc to send the LPG back will work for me from the United States.

If I were “improving” the current LPG, I would add digital out (as the Lotoo PAW 5000), add balanced output (as the Lotoo PAW 5000), add Bluetooth (as the Lotoo PAW 5000), and add the ability to search on a character string (as the iPod).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  10. hireslover
    I had the same problem with my screen back a few months ago, had this gentleman who helped me out with it. He can be contacted via email at "xuhang@iet-design.com".

ruthieandjohn likes this.
  11. tienbasse
    Volume wheel is always nice indeed, as long as it offers enough steps.
    And a touchscreen doesn't preclude the necessary buttons for FW/BW/play/pause, which are usually present on DAPs, as opposed to smartphones. :wink:

12. audionewbi
  13. kubig123
    I see the 5.0.1.16, but this one has been out for a couple of months.
    I’m I missing something?

justrest likes this.
  14. audionewbi
    I didnt know it was, that link never shows on the english side of the webpage.

15. Mimouille
    I heard claims that this affects sound. Didn't test so cannot confirm.

audionewbi likes this.
First

Back
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
271 272 273 274 275 276
Next

Last