Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jun 15, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #3,469 of 4,765
Out of the box my LPG sounded very overwhelming it was a mess comparing to my Aune M2S. The soundstage was over crowded and barely any seperations between instruments. It was overly aggressive and fatiguing too and the ATE settings didnt make sense.

However, it continues to improve day by day and a hundred hours later it is showing off its true potentials and now it exceeds the M2S ( much better than AK120ii) and its combination with my two portable amps MK3B and Duet. The "sweet" settings from the ATE reminds me of the Hugo2 , very airy and wide and yet still full body and with deeper bass. Sensational with LCD X! The "dental" is a great match for HD700.

I wonder if Diana has a random play option since I couldnt find them on my LPG.

Jun 15, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #3,471 of 4,765
Out of the box my LPG sounded very overwhelming it was a mess comparing to my Aune M2S. The soundstage was over crowded and barely any seperations between instruments. It was overly aggressive and fatiguing too and the ATE settings didnt make sense.

However, it continues to improve day by day and a hundred hours later it is showing off its true potentials and now it exceeds the M2S ( much better than AK120ii) and its combination with my two portable amps MK3B and Duet. The "sweet" settings from the ATE reminds me of the Hugo2 , very airy and wide and yet still full body and with deeper bass. Sensational with LCD X! The "dental" is a great match for HD700.

I wonder if Diana has a random play option since I couldnt find them on my LPG.

I've got the HD700 over here, but I don't think that I've tried the ''dental'' setting with that one yet => will surely give it a try later on (thanks for the advise!)

Now if I only would win that bloody expensive ($6K) Susvara: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/win-a-susvara.850887/
I would love to report back on how that one sounds out of LPG :grin:

Oh...and random can be used on your playlists. I have this as folder structure:
1) DSD
2) FLAC 24bit
3) FLAC 16bit (subfolders: A-K + L-Z)
4) MP3 @320 (subfolders: A-K + L-Z)

Complete folders can be added at a playlist (I added the first 3 in List1 and the 4th in List2) after that. For me it wasn't possible (because of some file limit) to get all my files in one folder for 'play all', but this way it works fine as well...

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #3,472 of 4,765
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. dbpoweramp converted files to FLAC flawlessly, and now everything in FLAC plays gapless on the Paw Gold. Victory! Very important for live concerts and albums like Pink Floyd The Wall.

Jun 18, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #3,473 of 4,765
Paw Gold Diana is officially my go-to DAP. In my opinion it made the Astell & Kern AK240SS sound like a wannabe substitute!

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #3,474 of 4,765
Okay, I just cannot stop listening to the Paw Gold Diana. Flac and DSD both play gapless perfectly. The QP1R is amazing, but the detail and visceral bass of the Paw Gold on full size headphones is SO ADDICTIVE! I literally cannot stop listening. I better stop soon, or I'll be heading to divorce court.

Jun 18, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #3,475 of 4,765
Quadfather, what headphones are you using with your Lotoo Diana?

Jun 18, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #3,476 of 4,765
Hi ruthieandjohn,
I am using Shure SRH1540 headphones equipped with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables. I use high gain. I also use Shure SE846s in low gain. Occasionally, I use Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 headphones. I am hoping to get some Campfire Audio Vegas too.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #3,477 of 4,765
Paw Gold Diane or.....AK 380. The former will drive full size headphones, but will hiss when driving sensitive iems. The AK 380 will not drive head phones with authority, but is hiss free with sensitive iems. I don't need a portable source to drive my head phones since I have a dedicated desk top rig. So it comes down to sq and which one is more compatible with a larger variety of iems. I purchased the iEMATCH for hiss free listening. Unfortunately, I won't have an opportunity to listen to the Diane, unless of course I buy it; real world problems! Ha!

The Lotoo Paw Gold Diana is dead silent, hiss-wise with my 9ohm Shure SE846s.

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,478 of 4,765
I put a small scratch in the faceplate, the part in front that screws on around gold sun circle in front (which contins sapphire screen protective glass. It must have bumped against my Shure SRH1540s. Is it possible to find a faceplate, or is automotive touch up grey my only option? It doesn't look too bad, just curious.

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,479 of 4,765
I put a small scratch in the faceplate, the part in front that screws on around gold sun circle in front (which contins sapphire screen protective glass. It must have bumped against my Shure SRH1540s. Is it possible to find a faceplate, or is automotive touch up grey my only option? It doesn't look too bad, just curious.
i've got a lot of scratches on my LPG, in my view it adds character to it, its battle scare. Dont let it bother you, chances are it will occur in the future.

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #3,480 of 4,765
i've got a lot of scratches on my LPG, in my view it adds character to it, its battle scare. Dont let it bother you, chances are it will occur in the future.

It will give me a good excuse to put my life savings toward Lotoo's next flagship period LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back