Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Apr 17, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #3,362 of 4,765
If you will have an opportunity to speak him again, please tell, that golden buttons are absolutely unnecessary...

A Lotoo Paw Kryptonite would be nice...oh wait, no...that would mean I would lose my current sensational hearing powers
biggrin.gif

Btw, there's a LPG (in case you're still looking for one) in the classifieds right now...

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #3,365 of 4,765
A Lotoo Paw Kryptonite would be nice...oh wait, no...that would mean I would lose my current sensational hearing powers :D

Or Lotoo Paw Adamantium in a bright memory of Logan

Btw, there's a LPG (in case you're still looking for one) in the classifieds right now...

Like orcs in Warcraft "need more lumber!" I need more bucks to grab one.

May 1, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #3,368 of 4,765
Few russian stores start to reduce price on Paw Gold, and saying that there will not be new shipment of this device from manufacturer. I'm thik it's because manufacturing actually stops. There's no doubt- Paw 2 is coming, who have more info about this?

May 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #3,370 of 4,765
I'm wondering, will it be just a minor upgrade: improved screen, reduced amp noise, e.t.c . Or it will be something totally new, based on newest flagship DAC chip, like sabre 9038 pro?
And about release date, think it's gonna be earlier than next year. Maybe Christmas, these year. Just my guess.

May 2, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #3,371 of 4,765
I'm wondering, will it be just a minor upgrade: improved screen, reduced amp noise, e.t.c . Or it will be something totally new, based on newest flagship DAC chip, like sabre 9038 pro?
And about release date, think it's gonna be earlier than next year. Maybe Christmas, these year. Just my guess.

Yes, hopefully it will be by Xmas time! Probably not a very drastic change, but who knows. Little birdie told me to expect a different screen "type" :wink:

But in a meantime, Lotoo and ENIGMAcoustics (the guys behind Dharma headphones) teamed up to release Lotoo's first IEM, single DD driver D200. So for now, this is the only confirmed new Lotoo release :wink:

lotoo_enigmacoustics-01.jpg

May 9, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #3,372 of 4,765
I stumbled onto something today. MS (Musashi) mod is available for LPG. And apart from the mod, there is also the option of replacing the Line-Out port with balanced port.

The mod alone comes close to $1500 and then another $700 for the Balanced mod. It is not cheap and it is not for everyone. Nonetheless, no harm in sharing this information here:

http://info.m-s-tech.jp/?page=2

The page is in Japanese. With the crude translation, there is not much I could infer from the page apart from what I already mentioned above. Especially, there isn't anything related to how the mod changes the sound. It does say the S/N ratio is improved.

May 9, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #3,373 of 4,765
IMG_0142.JPG
I have used all types of cables, I agree that a lot of cables do color the sound and don't really represent the True sound intended by X companies tuning.
Wireworld cables however are a whole different animal, they truly represent true transparency, and in my opinion a cables expereince like no other, it like the phone have a direct connection with the source.
I own 3 of the Nano Platinum cables balanced HD800, unbalanced PM1 and a balanced set for my HD6XX and they are by far worth every cent I spent, very happy with my experience with them and wouldn't own a phone without a set.
I have David making me a Nano Platinum cable for my JH Angie II and will post a shot of it when I pick them up.

May 9, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #3,375 of 4,765
I stumbled onto something today. MS (Musashi) mod is available for LPG. And apart from the mod, there is also the option of replacing the Line-Out port with balanced port.

The mod alone comes close to $1500 and then another $700 for the Balanced mod. It is not cheap and it is not for everyone. Nonetheless, no harm in sharing this information here:

http://info.m-s-tech.jp/?page=2

The page is in Japanese. With the crude translation, there is not much I could infer from the page apart from what I already mentioned above. Especially, there isn't anything related to how the mod changes the sound. It does say the S/N ratio is improved.

Maybe better to wait for the next gen LPG due before the end of the year? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back