Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
May 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,392 of 4,765
I'd like DS256, same exact SQ as current LPG, thinner with same battery life if that's possible, and USB charging if possible.
Also, I'd like it to run cooler so it can be truly used when in pocket (like Tera which is also why I don't want touchscreen). I also don't want tidal, wifi, bluetooth, or any other wireless distractions. Of course, I know I'm in minority and will not get anything close to what I want but one can at least dream before the official announcement shatters those dreams...

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #3,394 of 4,765
Yeah, well maybe it surpasses the Plenue 1 in sq but this is what I wrote earlier today in the P1 thread:
When I saw that P2 doesn't have extra data (more gb inside or an extra slot) availabe and that it has the volume knob on top which will be facing downwards using it in a pocket, I simply immediately lost interest...and now that high (compared to P1) pricetag...sigh
redface.gif

For the record...P1 and LPG are my 2 favorite daps (mainly based on sq) so far.

Would it make sense to get the LPG, when I already have the Questyle QP1R, with the improved click wheel? I use Shure SE846s, and Shure SRH1540s. The cans come equipped with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables. Campfire Audio Vegas are on the horizon.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #3,395 of 4,765
Would it make sense to get the LPG, when I already have the Questyle QP1R, with the improved click wheel? I use Shure SE846s, and Shure SRH1540s. The cans come equipped with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables. Campfire Audio Vegas are on the horizon.

I have both, had the QP1R before getting the LPG. Both are supremely good and frankly you can be happy with the QP. But if you need to know my personal take, the LPG has slightly greater coherence across, subtleties are a little more nuanced across for vocals and the bass is a tad more tight. But nothing that will pain you not owning the LPG. To me , somehow the LPG is one of those must keep dap because of how the whole thing comes together beautifully, both sound and build quality, almost like the first A&K 120 who I feel has the best implementation of the wolfson dual dac. I will sell the QP but will never sell the LPG.

May 20, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #3,396 of 4,765
I have both, had the QP1R before getting the LPG. Both are supremely good and frankly you can be happy with the QP. But if you need to know my personal take, the LPG has slightly greater coherence across, subtleties are a little more nuanced across for vocals and the bass is a tad more tight. But nothing that will pain you not owning the LPG. To me , somehow the LPG is one of those must keep dap because of how the whole thing comes together beautifully, both sound and build quality, almost like the first A&K 120 who I feel has the best implementation of the wolfson dual dac. I will sell the QP but will never sell the LPG.

Not even a bit curious about just announced QP2R? :wink:

May 21, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #3,397 of 4,765
A mate of mine told me the DHARMA D200 paired nicely with his LPG. He said he was not that impressed with RE2000 but D200 to him was a very good bargain. I really wish Lotoo had a better website. Their product marketing and community engagement almost makes me want to unfollow this brand.

May 21, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #3,398 of 4,765
Latest batch of QP1R with that imrooved wheel got 40 price reduction because of a better course of national currency. It's too seductive offer to ignore it, so I betrayed LPG, P2, and placed an order for QP1R.

Will see what LPG the second brings to a table

May 21, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #3,399 of 4,765
The QP2R has 64gb inside + one slot (200gb max is mentioned on their site). Exactly the reason why I skipped and will never buy the DX200 and why I picked up the LPG (512gb sd card inside now) instead.
I thought these companies should realise by now that high res (dsd & 24bit flac) files take lots of space? The new AK Kann even has 64gb inside + 1 micro sd slot + 1 sd slot.

From what I've read I guess QP1R (at least 2 slots, which is positive imo) also has very good, but brighter signature than LPG(?)

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #3,401 of 4,765
May 21, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,402 of 4,765
A mate of mine told me the DHARMA D200 paired nicely with his LPG. He said he was not that impressed with RE2000 but D200 to him was a very good bargain. I really wish Lotoo had a better website. Their product marketing and community engagement almost makes me want to unfollow this brand.

The problem is that once they do collaboration, the marketing is done by another company. D200 is ENIGMAcoustic product, that's why Lotoo marketing is not pushing it as hard, i guess. The same with LPG Diana edition which was another collaboration and they were not even allowed to provide review sample/loaner.

May 21, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #3,404 of 4,765
Are Shure SRH1540 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables a good match for the Lotoo Paw Gold?

May 21, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #3,405 of 4,765
Lotoo Paw Gold and gapless playback...how is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back