Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
May 26, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #3,421 of 4,765
May 26, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,422 of 4,765
Vega, new iem offers more of a sound difference. But paired with that dap it might be too warm.

How would a pair with the Lotoo Paw Gold?

May 26, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #3,423 of 4,765
May 26, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #3,425 of 4,765
Any changes from the .14?
From Google translator:

Version 5.0.x.15 changes:
AP modify:
1) Optimize VU bar display: modify some cases vu level display is not normal problem;

May 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #3,427 of 4,765
Totally agree. I had the QP1R and i loved it, but the LPG is something else, a real professional.

I just ordered LPG Diana. I have the Questyle QP1R and LOVE it!

May 28, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #3,428 of 4,765
One thing you will learn in this hobby is that value for money is an elastic concept and is very much dependent on an individual's perception of value. My advice is to just go and listen for yourself and see whether you think the differential in price is worth it. No substitute for that.

I have extensively auditioned the QP1R. And I own the LPG and quite a few other DAPs and quasi-portables like the Aurender Flow and the Chord Hugo. For me, while the QP1R is undoubtedly one of the better DAPs around SQ wise, it is rendered unusable by the scroll wheel that should have been fixed at prototype stage.

Because of that, unless it SQ is top of the class, which it is not by quite a bit, I would not touch the QP1R with a barge pole when it is practically unusable by virtue of its scroll wheel. We should get joy when we pay good money, not frustration.

Just my point of view. But bottom line: help yourself and go have a try. Then all will be revealed. :)

I have the Questyle QP1R with the improved click wheel. It works fine. For less scrolling, I put artists A-I on mini SD 1, and I put artists J-Z on mini sd 2.

May 28, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #3,429 of 4,765
I have the Questyle QP1R with the improved click wheel. It works fine. For less scrolling, I put artists A-I on mini SD 1, and I put artists J-Z on mini sd 2.

So, I guess you don't like 10cc and 16 Horsepower? :wink:

One question in general: has anybody noticed any improvements (in UI or SQ) with the latest 2 fw updates?

May 28, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,430 of 4,765

One question in general: has anybody noticed any improvements (in UI or SQ) with the latest 2 fw updates?

LOL One of my favorite bands is 10,000 Maniacs, with Natalie Merchant. I forgot to mention that bands beginning with numbers are on mini sd 1. Thanks for keeping me on track.

May 28, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #3,431 of 4,765
A sensor buttons can be used to scroll up and down through songs list? Like you push one of them, hold it and it starts to going down (or up) the list faster and faster, until you release it? Or it's not working that way?

May 28, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #3,432 of 4,765
A sensor buttons can be used to scroll up and down through songs list? Like you push one of them, hold it and it starts to going down (or up) the list faster and faster, until you release it? Or it's not working that way?

The buttons work too. I am an old iPod user...so I mainly use the wheel. I have the improved click wheel version of the Questyle QP1R.

May 28, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #3,433 of 4,765
LOL One of my favorite bands is 10,000 Maniacs, with Natalie Merchant. I forgot to mention that bands beginning with numbers are on mini sd 1. Thanks for keeping me on track.
Haha, I guess it's all in the details, right? :wink:

Congrats on your LPG Diana purchase. Curious (please post) how you like it compared to your QP1R later on :thinking:

Btw, I also like Natalie's solo albums a lot. She has such an amazing voice.

May 28, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #3,434 of 4,765
Haha, I guess it's all in the details, right? :wink:

Congrats on your LPG Diana purchase. Curious (please post) how you like it compared to your QP1R later on :thinking:

Btw, I also like Natalie's solo albums a lot. She has such an amazing voice.

Her voice is so smooth and rich. I love her work, including her solo albums. I am eclectic, I can go from Natalie Merchant to Lamb of God, which is some fairly intense, screaming metal.

May 28, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #3,435 of 4,765

10cc goes before "A"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back