Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Apr 7, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #3,331 of 4,765
Milder 01 it's true about lpg ... from beginning I was very disappointed for me was downgrade from ak120 tyt only one One thing was better deep of soundstage the rest I didn't liked ... only one earphones i liked with lpg se5ult and after all sold lpg and get Sony nwz zx1061 ( lpg 2000$ - x1061 105$) and se5ult with x1061 its more organic more enjoyable it's beautyfull paring really adictif in my opinion lpg it's Overpriced !! ( 2000$ it's pitiful )

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #3,332 of 4,765
Milder 01 it's true about lpg ... from beginning I was very disappointed for me was downgrade from ak120 tyt only one One thing was better deep of soundstage the rest I didn't liked ... only one earphones i liked with lpg se5ult and after all sold lpg and get Sony nwz zx1061 ( lpg 2000$ - x1061 105$) and se5ult with x1061 its more organic more enjoyable it's beautyfull paring really adictif in my opinion lpg it's Overpriced !! ( 2000$ it's pitiful )

X1061 for american market or x1060 for rest of the world will not play flac or WAV right?

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #3,333 of 4,765
I Guess I count myself blessed to be in headfi land in Singapore where the resale market is fast and furious.

I snagged a pristine LPG platinum with only 7 power cycles for USD1250 just a month ago.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,339 of 4,765
Apr 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #3,340 of 4,765
Lotoo will be at SoCal CanJam this weekend showing the PAW Gold, PAW 5000, and Pico players..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822835/canjam-socal-2017-april-8-9-2017#post_12931654

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Apr 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #3,341 of 4,765

I completely disagree. I tried ak120 (and ak240) but did not like them at all - felt those would be a downgrades to my Tera player.
However, LPG was definitely an upgrade to Tera (which I still love and will never sell). LPG paired with Tralucent Plus5 is the end game for me as far as SQ goes (I still prefer Tera for true mobile use because it can be operated "blind" out of pocket, and it does not produce any heat whatsoever, unlike LPG).
Also, I feel $1500 I paid for LPG was a great deal given the amazing SQ (now that I know what it sounds like I would pay even more - although I do have concern about what will happen when the battery eventually needs to be replaced - same concern I have about my Tera).

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #3,343 of 4,765
Just to clarify, I like my LPG, but I was just saying to rockcoon that if you had to pay the equivalent of half a year's wages for one, and you were using it as a DAP for an easy to power pair of Ultrasones, you might be disappointed in the amount of difference.  I have found in the past that some easy to drive headphones sound pretty much the same when you switch up the source.  This was true even for a pair of Final Sonorous X (probably the most expensive closed back portable headphone I know of).  Whether they were plugged into my ipod or a $3k A&K player, they didn't really scale.  I just watched a video review by Currawong for the new closed Sony flagship and he commented that they don't really change much from a change in upstream gear and mentioned that changing the cable probably made more difference to the sound than changing the source.  Of course I am generalising and I've not heard rockcoon's headphones, but I have noticed that all of Ultrasones higher end headphones have suspiciously similar specs so I am only assuming it will behave similarly to my edition 8's and other easy to drive portable headphones I have tried.  The LPG vs ipod classic with my Abyss makes a massive difference, but he's not using an Abyss so it's irrelevant - was just trying to give some situation-specific advice.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #3,344 of 4,765
That's weird. I'm clearly hear the difference between my Opus 1 and other common sources like smartphone or notebook. Ant that's not just matter of power, it noticed across all frequencies. More clarity, better instrument separation.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #3,345 of 4,765
That's weird. I'm clearly hear the difference between my Opus 1 and other common sources like smartphone or notebook. Ant that's not just matter of power, it noticed across all frequencies. More clarity, better instrument separation.

As I said, I've not heard your particular headphones so I was only guessing based on similar experiences I've had.  If you feel like getting an LPG will be the answer for you, then go for it.  It's just so much money where you are!  I was only offering another point of view as I often find it's helpful to get a variety of experiences when making a purchase decision.  If you just go to the related thread and read up on what owners are saying, almost always the thread is very positive and reading through threads on head fi will often make you fall in love with a product even if you don't really need it.

Anyway, it looks like you're pretty sure about it so I'll leave you alone :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back