Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Apr 4, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #3,301 of 4,765
A would say that lots of Asian headfiers (including me) prefer aggressive sound, which explains why Fostex and Ultrasones are so popular in Asia. We pair aggressive sounding daps with aggressive sounding iem. (e.g. LPG with the likes of K3003, UM Mentor, ALO's, Tralucent, etc). 

In that matter I'm an Asian hedfier too :). Can't wait to pair Lotoo with my Ultrasone Signature Pro.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #3,306 of 4,765
  Apparently the LPG is discontinued...Is a replacement on the horizon?

Did this information come straight from Lotoo or from some retailer (who maybe tried to sell another dap instead)?

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #3,308 of 4,765
Hi all!  Does the Paw Gold support custom playlists say if made on my computer and then transfer to the sd card?

Thank you

Riley

No, it does not support the import of custom playlists. In fact, it can only manage three playlists with no possibility to establish a name for each one. And, besides, it will delete them all when the database is updated, which happens very often (for example every time it is connected and disconnected from a PC), or when the firmware is updated.

There's no way to save the playlists to avoid losing them, since the name of the playlists files contains forbidden characters which windows cannot manage (\playlist1).

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #3,309 of 4,765
  Apparently the LPG is discontinued...Is a replacement on the horizon?

Was that announced on April 1st?
wink.gif
  But seriously, where did you hear that?

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,310 of 4,765
No, it does not support the import of custom playlists. In fact, it can only manage three playlists with no possibility to establish a name for each one. And, besides, it will delete them all when the database is updated, which happens very often (for example every time it is connected and disconnected from a PC), or when the firmware is updated.

There's no way to save the playlists to avoid losing them, since the name of the playlists files contains forbidden characters which windows cannot manage (\playlist1).

Okay.  Too bad.  Thank you I will look elsewhere hen for a dap.

Thank you for your help

Riley

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #3,312 of 4,765
Ok, that explains. It appears that every retailer from the U.S and U.K who sold the regular LPG have stopped carrying the device in their inventory. From what it seems, the device itself, has not been discontinued by the manufacturer. As of now, The Evolution of Sound is the only official retailer of the of LPG in the U.S, and they sell only the Diana edition. And unfortunately none in the U.K are selling the device.

Also, check out the posts on this page:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/744346/introducing-lotoo-paw-gold/2700#post_13034363

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #3,313 of 4,765
The LPG is still being made as long as it is being sold on Taobao.com

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #3,315 of 4,765
I looked for UK dealers the other day and yeah there seems to be none left. The place where I bought mine from in Australia has stopped selling them too.
If it's not discontinued, maybe it just wasn't a good seller? I mean, there are a LOT of DAPs out there and most are nice sleek looking touch screens with lots of features. LPG is fairly featureless (I mean, not even proper playlist support? Come on.) and also expensive.
I only bought mine because of the high power output and it being pushed by Joe from Abyss. I wouldn't have considered it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back