Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #3,287 of 4,765

Im thinking of either buying the LPG or Plenue 2 to pair with my IE800's...
Any advice on what to go for?

If LPG, where can i buy it from?

Thanks

New Cowon have their house sound, that can be described in one word- "soft". LPG is all about drive and agression. They way too different.

Did you compare both?

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #3,289 of 4,765
Not me personal. But i read impressions of a guy, from Osaka, who heard P2.

He said: "the soun is very soft. Typical AKM chip signature"
So you are repeating and misinterpreting something someone else who demoed briefly said...you should avoid that, especially when saying this as a fact.

Besides, your interpretation could be wrong, because the typical Cowon house sound is smooth and slightly warm. The AKM house sound is different, it is smooth and liquid, but not necessarily warm.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #3,290 of 4,765
So you are repeating and misinterpreting something someone else who demoed briefly said...you should avoid that, especially when saying this as a fact.

Besides, your interpretation could be wrong, because the typical Cowon house sound is smooth and slightly warm. The AKM house sound is different, it is smooth and liquid, but not necessarily warm.

You right, I should write this not as a fact yet, but as a suggestion.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #3,295 of 4,765
  Anyone used the LPG with Ie800 please?
Whats this pairing like?

Heaven. 

Just kidding. I don't like the ie800. I don't like it with any DAP.

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #3,297 of 4,765

You were about to make my day until i read the rest of your post!

What IEM's pair well with LPG?

Lotoo shows the AKG K3003 with the Lotoo PAW Gold in their ads, and I understand that Lotoo actually uses the AKG K3003 in their tuning and tests of the LPG.

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #3,298 of 4,765

LPG in general is not picky. But if you are sensitive to brightness or aggressive sound, then a bright IEM + LPG or an aggressive IEM + LPG may not be the ideal pairings. Here is what I wrote in my review:

Given the fact that LPG is slightly bright and has a forward presentation, it pairs quite well with warm and laid back IEMs such as my Sennheiser IE80. Another popular IEM I could think of that would pair well with the LPG is the U12. The brightness in the device’s tone, helps the separation and articulation of notes on the IE80. It also helps tighten up the bass and adds definition in the mids. It does not necessarily transform the IE80 into a superior IEM, but improves the IEM's SQ on all fronts.

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #3,299 of 4,765

LPG in general is not picky. But if you are sensitive to brightness or aggressive sound, then a bright IEM + LPG or an aggressive IEM + LPG may not be the ideal pairings. Here is what I wrote in my review:

Given the fact that LPG is slightly bright and has a forward presentation, it pairs quite well with warm and laid back IEMs such as my Sennheiser IE80. Another popular IEM I could think of that would pair well with the LPG is the U12. The brightness in the device’s tone, helps the separation and articulation of notes on the IE80. It also helps tighten up the bass and adds definition in the mids. It does not necessarily transform the IE80 into a superior IEM, but improves the IEM's SQ on all fronts.

Totally agree.

A would say that lots of Asian headfiers (including me) prefer aggressive sound, which explains why Fostex and Ultrasones are so popular in Asia. We pair aggressive sounding daps with aggressive sounding iem. (e.g. LPG with the likes of K3003, UM Mentor, ALO's, Tralucent, etc). 

And IMO lots of US headfiers prefer smooth sound, pairing smooth sounding daps with smooth sounding iem. (e.g. AK's with the likes of JH's, Shure's, 1964's, etc)

In the end it comes down to what you are trying to do. I can imagine the sound of LPG with U12 to be very likable to US listeners (Powerful bass, just-right treble). 

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #3,300 of 4,765

Heaven. 

Just kidding. I don't like the ie800. I don't like it with any DAP.

You were about to make my day until i read the rest of your post!

Tralucent Plus5 with Tralucent Uber too cable.

Heaven, and this time for real.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back