Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Nov 18, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,351 of 3,158
True. With the Sony NW-ZX300 notes come out of true blackness. It has next to zero noise.
With the tennmak tips, the drums sound the most realistic I have ever heard out of any iem. The tips have 5 blades on the inside of the silicon tip, that prevent the outer silicon surface from collapsing, think symbio foams, without the foams.
They are on amazon for 10 dollars, a pack of 9, I highly recommend trying them out.
If you don't like them, you can always return them.
Overall I would say the instruments sound like the real thing, especially with a copper cable. Feels like front row seats to live performances.

Are you referring to the Whirlwind Turbo tips?
I have some of those in my tip collection, thanks for the recommendation. I'm using spinfit cp145's and get a good seal.

Nov 18, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #1,352 of 3,158
Are you referring to the Whirlwind Turbo tips?
I have some of those in my tip collection, thanks for the recommendation. I'm using spinfit cp145's and get a good seal.
Yes those are them. I get the best seal out of all the eartips I have tried so far. And no echo or muddying of the bass, at all.
I'll be very interested to hear if they work for you :)
I am getting more slam than even the mutant dots, but it's super clean.
Edit: EDM sounds incredible.
No distortion
Bass in my throat

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #1,353 of 3,158
Yes those are them. I get the best seal out of all the eartips I have tried so far. And no echo or muddying of the bass, at all.
No distortion
Bass in my throat

It's funny how people hear things differently.
I'm not doubting your impression at all, in fact I intend to order these when I get back from a trip next week.
The one customer review for these on Amazon though, the guy says these "help thin out the bass"...:wink:

Nov 18, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #1,354 of 3,158
It's funny how people hear things differently.
I'm not doubting your impression at all, in fact I intend to order these when I get back from a trip next week.
The one customer review for these on Amazon though, the guy says these "help thin out the bass"...:wink:
I have also tried all of the sizes and cannot find one that will give me a decent seal. Just seems to be something about the shape that is not compatible with my ear.

Nov 18, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #1,355 of 3,158
I have also tried all of the sizes and cannot find one that will give me a decent seal. Just seems to be something about the shape that is not compatible with my ear.
That's a pity. For me the CL2 are pushed so far into my ear, that the isolation is crazy.
I can drive my car with the windows down and I lose little of the texture.
Fit is like a custom.
And I am not getting that stuffy feeling I was getting with the Dots.
If only they had more sizes than just the 3.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #1,356 of 3,158
Because of the early sharp bend in my ear canal, the only deep insertion tip that works for me is the medium twin-blade Spinfit. (CP240-M)
Overall tonality seems just fine and highs seem to be a better balance. Just takes a bit of fiddling to get them in just right, but no further adjustments are then needed.

Nov 18, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #1,357 of 3,158
No distortion
Bass in my throat

Didn't quite do it for me, had better luck with the spinfit cp145's size M.
Then again, the whirlwinds I have are probably first generation. Have had them for a few years.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #1,358 of 3,158
Didn't quite do it for me, had better luck with the spinfit cp145's size M.
Then again, the whirlwinds I have are probably first generation. Have had them for a few years.
It really is crazy how much of a difference tips make with this iem.
Between the Dots, Symbios, and tennmaks, there is a marked difference in sound signature.
Tip rolling is a must. :)
For my ears Tennmaks are hard to beat.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #1,359 of 3,158
And yet here I am still with the Symbio Dots...

Haha, goes to show that we're all different!

Might see if Snugs have the CL2 profiled, and go custom... I think that is my only avenue now, although if they don't I'm not handing over the CL2 for two weeks while they profile the shell.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #1,360 of 3,158
And yet here I am still with the Symbio Dots...

Haha, goes to show that we're all different!

Might see if Snugs have the CL2 profiled, and go custom... I think that is my only avenue now, although if they don't I'm not handing over the CL2 for two weeks while they profile the shell.
My fit with tennmak is as custom as it gets. Any farther in, and I would have to classify them as a body part:)

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #1,361 of 3,158
That's a pity. For me the CL2 are pushed so far into my ear, that the isolation is crazy.
I can drive my car with the windows down and I lose little of the texture.

I'm glad I'm in the UK and we are very unlikely to meet on the roads. Although I do see plenty of people doing that over here too. Is it even legal? I would suspect in the event of an accident all insurance would be invalidated if the insurance company were informed.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #1,362 of 3,158
I'm glad I'm in the UK and we are very unlikely to meet on the roads. Although I do see plenty of people doing that over here too. Is it even legal? I would suspect in the event of an accident all insurance would be invalidated if the insurance company were informed.
You can drive with one earbud on.
2 is not legal.
But I do not know how much worse it is than playing loud music over your car speakers.
Deaf people are still allowed to drive.
blind would be another story.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #1,363 of 3,158
Depends on the state in the US. Fully legal in mine. Do it all the time. If you get in an accident I'd still advise to take them off quickly.... Criminal liability and Civil liability are very different. Insurance would definitely make an issue of it.

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #1,364 of 3,158
What happened to the bass ?

I left my office Thursday last week and let them burn in over a long weekend, and between 200-300 hours the bass has really picked up a lot. I had it EQd to +3.5 and had to lower it to 0. That was certainly unexpected. Same quality, just a lot more of it..... I wasn't expecting nearly that drastic of a change after 200 hours.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #1,365 of 3,158
What happened to the bass ?

I left my office Thursday last week and let them burn in over a long weekend, and between 200-300 hours the bass has really picked up a lot. I had it EQd to +3.5 and had to lower it to 0. That was certainly unexpected. Same quality, just a lot more of it..... I wasn't expecting nearly that drastic of a change after 200 hours.
Same thing happened to me.
Its kicking on dynamic levels.
Visceral

Users who are viewing this thread

Back