Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Nov 20, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #1,381 of 3,158
The more I listen to these the more confused I am by the planar driver. I've been able to push all previous planars to the point of distorting their bass without that much effort.

How is it that I can't do the same with a 10mm closed planar driver? My source distorts first, and I can't listen due to the loudness.

Is there an explanation for how this planar is different? To be quite Frank, I would have thought this amount of bass would be impossible from this driver.

That's honestly the most surprising thing to me about this pair.

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #1,382 of 3,158
The thing that is even more puzzling to me, is how do you have this quantity of bass with zero distortion, and all the other frequencies on the same driver with zero distortion as well, and still maintain a 3D soundstage.
RHA has some very talented people working for it.
This is a next gen driver, and i feel like the planars before this were trial runs, and the tech has finally reached maturation.

The more I listen to these the more confused I am by the planar driver. I've been able to push all previous planars to the point of distorting their bass without that much effort.

How is it that I can't do the same with a 10mm closed planar driver? My source distorts first, and I can't listen due to the loudness.

Is there an explanation for how this planar is different? To be quite Frank, I would have thought this amount of bass would be impossible from this driver.

That's honestly the most surprising thing to me about this pair.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #1,383 of 3,158
Im sure next rha cl3 or cl4 whatever will be just Perfect
Planar tech is the next best thing
And seems RHa knows how to implement them
Me too cant beleave the bass out of this 10mm planar

Nov 21, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #1,384 of 3,158
Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,386 of 3,158
I have a few NiceHCK cables, and I always found them good quality. I do NOT have direct experience with the specific cable you posted @tolisgtr , but it looks good, specs seem quite nice, and for $48 once the BF deal comes in, my personal choice would be to jump in :) - as I said, I have quite a few NiceHCK cables, and none of them has let me down, yet.

Nov 21, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #1,387 of 3,158
I have a few NiceHCK cables, and I always found them good quality. I do NOT have direct experience with the specific cable you posted @tolisgtr , but it looks good, specs seem quite nice, and for $48 once the BF deal comes in, my personal choice would be to jump in :) - as I said, I have quite a few NiceHCK cables, and none of them has let me down, yet.
Hmm that BF deal seems too tempting to resist. I am definitely buying this cable then. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #1,388 of 3,158
Nov 21, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #1,389 of 3,158
Well, looks like I just joined the CL2 club, courtesy of @davidmolliere 's old pair :) .... certainly very, very detailed and revealing. Provisionally paired them with a copper cable, and listening balanced out of the ZX300, with a pair of Azla SednaEarfit in L as eartips (similar to the Spiral Dots, but a bit larger, providing a slightly better seal to my ears, with a slightly reduced treble compared to the Spiral Dots - not a bad thing, in the CL2 case, methinks :)) .

Will take some time to get a good impression on these, and try out some more permutations of tips/cable/source :) .

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #1,393 of 3,158
From my perspective the only planar drivers I had exposure (long term) to was the LCD2 fazor - good, I will grant you, but didn’t set my world on fire - ended up selling them at a loss...

I cannot see that I will sell these, they are on a different level in terms of enjoyment, and fill an important (as a commuter) niche - that they are closed.

Happy days all around.

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,394 of 3,158
Wondering how thease iem is better in every way then Campfire atlas
Ok atlas has speaker like presentation and has a big fat bass
But cl2 has a bass with definition ,high is just lots better,micro details and transparency is also lot better
May be mids is the same
But atlas cost almost double :fearful:

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #1,395 of 3,158
I'm so weak.....Ordered a WM1a from Amazon Warehouse with 20% off this evening. ZX300 up for sale soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back