Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Dec 26, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #2,236 of 4,026
congrats!! Look forward to your impressions.

Surely, I will tell it like it is..whether it is indeed a big boost. Honestly, I had LP6 Gold before and didn't find it any better than Pro.
I got the LP6 for custom EQ but didn't support EQ'ng the 24bit flac files. That was a big turn-off for me. Hopefully, AE addressed the EQ issue
with the newer firmware.

Dec 26, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #2,237 of 4,026
Wow!!

Congratulations. The player looks so solid! Especially the leather case, seems LP have stepped it up a notch. 7th Anniversary puts other DAPs to shame.

Yes. And it is so nice and light because of the titanium. A nice touch was that the screen protector was factory applied. Thanks to @bluestorm1992 who warned me about that. I was puzzled why i did not find the usual accessories for cleaning the screen etc. Hehe! The opening screen is also great cos it brings us thru all the past DAPs in the past seven years. Very nice touch indeed! :)

Dec 26, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #2,238 of 4,026
Surely, I will tell it like it is..whether it is indeed a big boost. Honestly, I had LP6 Gold before and didn't find it any better than Pro.
I got the LP6 for custom EQ but didn't support EQ'ng the 24bit flac files. That was a big turn-off for me. Hopefully, AE addressed the EQ issue
with the newer firmware.
Interesting that you did not find any difference between the LP6 Gold and the P6P… I guess we all hear things differently. I think a few of us who had both (@bluestorm1992 and @bigbeans included) did. But I guess that’s the fascinating thing about this hobby. :)

Hope the LP6Ti AE works better for you.

Dec 26, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #2,239 of 4,026
with the newer firmware.
I just asked LP for this. Wan from LP told me that it should work with 24 bit files long as you use the custom EQ. If this does not work, let me know.

Dec 28, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #2,242 of 4,026
Hey, I was looking into buying one of the L&P DAPs, but could someone here who has purchased the LP6 tell me if it has an option to adjust the sound balance between left and right channels?

LP6 should have the option to adjust the L/R balance output. One of the down side if I recall correctly is that forward/backward track cannot be maneuver through the touch screen but only by the button. Hope that is fixed on the new firmware.

Dec 28, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #2,243 of 4,026
Just got the TI AE having tremendous power and impact which could easily surpass the performance of P6 Pro in all aspect.
Have to be careful with the volume control as this thing could possibly blow out the IEM if the volume knob's turned to maximum.
One concern I have with this player is that I get no volume control over SE connection. The volume level's fixed on SE port.
Is this normal? I don't really think so but can someone confirm?

Dec 28, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #2,244 of 4,026
Just got the TI AE having tremendous power and impact which could easily surpass the performance of P6 Pro in all aspect.
Have to be careful with the volume control as this thing could possibly blow out the IEM if the volume knob's turned to maximum.
One concern I have with this player is that I get no volume control over SE connection. The volume level's fixed on SE port.

Didn't you have exactly the same concern when you got LP6 Gold because you didn't see LO only next to 3.5mm port? :p 4.4mm and 6.3mm are the headphone ports with volume control :D

Dec 28, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #2,246 of 4,026
Hey Alex, I am sure you are influential enough to have L&P to address the volume control over touch screen. I like the fact that I can fast forward the tracks
even with the screen off using the button but would like to be able to control the volume with the touch screen as well. :relaxed:

Dec 28, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,247 of 4,026
Does TI AE have double tap to wake up screen? I really like that feature on p6pro.

Dec 28, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #2,248 of 4,026
Does TI AE have double tap to wake up screen? I really like that feature on p6pro.
Wait what?! I've been pressing the power button to wake the screen on the whole time🤣

Dec 28, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #2,249 of 4,026
iirc, there should be a 6.35 to 3.5 adaptor included in the accessories.

Also, it is widely recognized among the Chinese users that 6.35 has a different signature compared to 4.4 and is the more musical one. Worth checking out with the adaptor!

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #2,250 of 4,026

I will tell you the interface on this thing is rather primitive. No such luxurious option unlike their company name. :
This is all for supreme audio quality in old ways.

iirc, there should be a 6.35 to 3.5 adaptor included in the accessories.

Also, it is widely recognized among the Chinese users that 6.35 has a different signature compared to 4.4 and is the more musical one. Worth checking out with the adaptor!

6.35 > 3.5mm? Interesting..I will try that for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back