Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #2,206 of 4,030
Squeezing in some late Friday night vocal music on QQMusic, on the Obsidian and UM Fusang customs. Long week draws to an end. :)

F3D6C8B1-8549-4AA5-9B9F-EC7EDC32F29A.jpeg

Dec 17, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,207 of 4,030
Here's my happy streaming solution right now. DX240 -> P6 Pro
FS isn't bad out of 240 but pairs sooo well with P6 Pro :grin:

img4068.jpg

Dec 17, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #2,208 of 4,030
Here's my happy streaming solution right now. DX240 -> P6 Pro
FS isn't bad out of 240 but pairs sooo well with P6 Pro :grin:

img4068.jpg
Looks great!

Honestly, when Apple makes their Bluetooth lossless, I don’t see myself needing any Android-based dap at all. :) And even now the Bluetooth/usb dac options are already pretty solid.

Dec 17, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #2,209 of 4,030
Looks great!

Honestly, when Apple makes their Bluetooth lossless, I don’t see myself needing any Android-based dap at all. :) And even now the Bluetooth/usb dac options are already pretty solid.
Yeah, honestly phone works fine... I just keep my audio chain separate from my phone unless I have to...

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #2,210 of 4,030
Yeah, honestly phone works fine... I just keep my audio chain separate from my phone unless I have to...
That's why I didn't trade in my last iPhone. :) Makes for a great iPod touch substitute.

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #2,211 of 4,030
Some lazy Saturday morning listening. Streaming QQ Music off iPad Mini 6 into the Obsidian. Like the QQ Music HD interface because more of the data rich interface is displayed in one screen, :)

E6E2ABFE-D546-434C-8333-CFBC00727EAC.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #2,212 of 4,030
Heads up to Singapore based peeps. This was just posted on Jaben SG’s FB. :)

Fingers crossed that @MusicTeck will receive theirs very soon. And be shipping out to us.

3E95510A-B34F-4A64-8EB9-F1FED46654AA.jpeg

Dec 18, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #2,213 of 4,030
Squeezing in some late Friday night vocal music on QQMusic, on the Obsidian and UM Fusang customs. Long week draws to an end. :)

Looks great! What kind of OTG cable is that? I've tried my P6P usb Dac with my Samsung S9+ and it's kind of muddy and the volume control still works, so I think the cable I am using isn't correct/isn't otg. USB C to USB C is what I need.

I just want clean USB audio out, any suggestions?

EDIT - I tired using UAPP and selecting Bit Perfect output and now it works great - volume control is disabled. Using normal USB C cable.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #2,214 of 4,030
Looks great! What kind of OTG cable is that? I've tried my P6P usb Dac with my Samsung S9+ and it's kind of muddy and the volume control still works, so I think the cable I am using isn't correct/isn't otg. USB C to USB C is what I need. Any suggestions?
It’s actually a cable I got off Taobao. Interesting that you have that issue with the USB DAC. Volume control does still work on mine as well.

Perhaps try the DDHifi USB C to USB C cables. Amazon sells them.

Alternatively, perhaps you can try the BT functionality of the P6Pro. Works very nice especially with android devices which would have LDAC. The photo below is with my work Samsung S21.

6E8F4328-C938-4D30-9538-5B064BF7039D.jpeg

Dec 18, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #2,215 of 4,030
It’s actually a cable I got off Taobao. Interesting that you have that issue with the USB DAC. Volume control does still work on mine as well.

Perhaps try the DDHifi USB C to USB C cables. Amazon sells them.

Alternatively, perhaps you can try the BT functionality of the P6Pro. Works very nice especially with android devices which would have LDAC. The photo below is with my work Samsung S21.

Thanks! Yeah, I use the BT option quite often and it works great. Looking for a wired solution for 100% audio quality when I'm not moving around.
So you have also have volume control on your Android phone with OTG audio out? Weird. I can plug my Android into my Focusrite Interface which powers my studio monitors and I get direct audio out, no volume control, so I know it "can" do it.

EDIT - I tired using UAPP and selecting Bit Perfect output and now it works great - volume control is disabled. Using normal USB C cable. Is there any reason to buy an "Audiophile" USB cable? I'm a total cable believer, but pure digital signal, not sure.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #2,216 of 4,030
Thanks! Yeah, I use the BT option quite often and it works great. Looking for a wired solution for 100% audio quality when I'm not moving around.
So you have also have volume control on your Android phone with OTG audio out? Weird. I can plug my Android into my Focusrite Interface which powers my studio monitors and I get direct audio out, no volume control, so I know it "can" do it.

EDIT - I tired using UAPP and selecting Bit Perfect output and now it works great - volume control is disabled. Using normal USB C cable. Is there any reason to buy an "Audiophile" USB cable? I'm a total cable believer, but pure digital signal, not sure. Maybe worth a try?
sorry. you meant volume control on the phone. that would be disabled. at least it is on my iDevices which I use cabled for USB C. the volume still works on the P6Pro though.

Well, as long as the cable has sufficient bandwidth, it should be fine. :) Mine just looks pretty. :wink: In any event, DDHifi cables are not expensive at all. FiiO also makes great cables.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #2,217 of 4,030

EDIT - I tired using UAPP and selecting Bit Perfect output and now it works great - volume control is disabled. Using normal USB C cable. Is there any reason to buy an "Audiophile" USB cable? I'm a total cable believer, but pure digital signal, not sure. Maybe worth a try?
I once bought a $700 usbc otg cable and it makes ABSOLUTELY no difference compared to my $20 otg cable. So expensive lesson learned, expensive digital cables is a no go. :sweat_smile:

Dec 18, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,218 of 4,030
I once bought a $700 usbc otg cable and it makes ABSOLUTELY no difference compared to my $20 otg cable. So expensive lesson learned, expensive digital cables is a no go. :sweat_smile:
That's because digital cables have chips on both ends and data is integrity verified during the transfer unlike analog cables. While cable quality is still important to ensure no loss occurs during transfer, this is usually something to watch for if the cable is shoddily made or extended lengths.

Please do not waste money on DIGITAL cables.

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #2,219 of 4,030
Yey finally! 🤤

LP67AE.jpg

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #2,220 of 4,030

Users who are viewing this thread

Back