Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jun 11, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #1,487 of 4,026
Jun 12, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #1,490 of 4,026
Hi folks
Can the volume be changed on P6Pro in DAC mode and is not just on or off as I read in some older review?
Any issues with upper mids for people using the Traillii?
I read here that DAC mode is working from Ipod Touch.
So I guess it will also work from IPhone /IPad / Macbook Pro?

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #1,491 of 4,026
Hi folks
Can the volume be changed on P6Pro in DAC mode and is not just on or off as I read in some older review?
Can only answer one, no upper mids issues with Traillii that I hear.

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #1,492 of 4,026
Hi folks
If you're referring to USB Audio mode on P6P, you can adjust the volume but you won't be able to read what volume you're at on the screen.

Jun 13, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #1,493 of 4,026
Hi chaps
Some more interesting questions for potential buyers
1. Does usb allow direct file transfer to micro SD card?
Edit: answer found in this thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/interesting-machine-from-luxury-n-precision.918288/post-16379996
2. Anyone using the P6Pro as USB DAC with latest MacOS / IOS ?
3. Do you know which UNIX is running as OS on it?
4. Anyone tried using Airplay from IPhones which would be a great alternative to LDAC for Android using Apple devices allowing CD quality 16/44

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,494 of 4,026
Hi chaps
Some more interesting questions for potential buyers
1. Does usb allow direct file transfer to micro SD card?
Edit: answer found in this thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/interesting-machine-from-luxury-n-precision.918288/post-16379996
2. Anyone using the P6Pro as USB DAC with latest MacOS / IOS ?
3. Do you know which UNIX is running as OS on it?
4. Anyone tried using Airplay from IPhones which would be a great alternative to LDAC for Android using Apple devices allowing CD quality 16/44
The P6P is most likely running on a custom Linux OS on a FAT filesystem.

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #1,495 of 4,026
The P6P is most likely running on a custom Linux OS on a FAT filesystem.
Thx, anyway it's closed shop implementation.
But as a former Unix user I am wondering which additional features could be suggested to L&P to make life easier...
The whole library topic is hopefully being resolved when developers are finding time.
Much more interesting is the network interface - it's only Bluetooth and not WLAN though, right?
So there's no IP stack implemented as of now I guess.
Reading some interesting comments in L&P W2 thread about using the likes of Bubble Upnp for hooking up streaming content was raising some ideas in my head...

Edit: that's the post I mean:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lux...le-update-info-on-post-1.949448/post-16403556

So what I mean is to stream real hires flac files over some Linux server daemon running on P6Pro but if only Bluetooth is available hardware wise that might not suffice in terms of bandwidth and latency...

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #1,496 of 4,026
Yes, it's only Bluetooth. I don't use streaming that often, and the Bluetooth mode is pretty good, so I don't really mind it being Bluetooth-only. It would be pretty nice if they were able to implement Bubble UPNP for those who use it though.

I can think of a few features L&P could probably implement:
  • 24-bit/192kHz support in USB DAC mode. Currently, USB DAC mode is limited to 16-bit/96kHz. Not an issue for me, but certainly a problem for people with higher quality tracks.
  • Actual EQ. The EQ in the P6P is just presets. I don't use EQ though
  • Gapless playback. Currently, the P6P doesn't support it and it's pretty annoying for me.
  • A visible volume counter on the screen when the P6P is in USB Audio mode.

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #1,497 of 4,026
Other P6Pro users only achieving slow USB data transfer speeds? I maybe need an external MicroSD card reader. I'm plugged into USB3 too.

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,499 of 4,026
guess a custom firmware could be incredible on this device getting rid of all restrictions
Linux is so much more capable...

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,500 of 4,026
guess a custom firmware could be incredible on this device getting rid of all restrictions
Linux is so much more capable...
The bottleneck of P6P, accordingly to Mr. Wan, is that most of the processing power goes to audio-related calculations and so little is devoted to the OS. They do so mainly to reduce the noise floor.

If you check out N6ii R01’s latest updates from Andy, you will see him keep mentioning of the high noise floor with R01, which virtually makes it unusable with C9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back