Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jun 13, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,501 of 4,026
The bottleneck of P6P, accordingly to Mr. Wan, is that most of the processing power goes to audio-related calculations and so little is devoted to the OS. They do so mainly to reduce the noise floor.

If you check out N6ii R01’s latest updates from Andy, you will see him keep mentioning of the high noise floor with R01, which virtually makes it unusable with C9.
Am yet off the R01 train, that's why I am lurking around here 😉
Just wanted to state that such restrictions like FAT or GUI don't need to be excused with processing power but could be adressed by choosing different drivers and a bit more programming...

Jun 13, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #1,502 of 4,026
Am yet off the R01 train, that's why I am lurking around here 😉
Just wanted to state that such restrictions like FAT or GUI don't need to be excused with processing power but could be adressed by choosing different drivers and a bit more programming...
Then I think we just have to say that LP should hire more Linux engineers! :grin:

Jun 13, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #1,503 of 4,026
Then I think we just have to say that LP should hire more Linux engineers! :grin:
Or make it open source, guess we find some capable engineers amongst users 😉
Seriously look at the bricked old players like even my old Sanza Clip or old IPhones /Ipods.
They are honestly by far all more capable in terms of library management, equuing and Gui customizations than P6Pro but maybe also not so fair as they are mostly based on adopted standard platforms.
L&P seems to still struggle with the very basic child steps of their base platform.
Guess other vendors like e.g Ibasso also took some years until they brought their custom OS (e.g Mango) to that point as it is today.
Though also they are having still bugs...

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #1,504 of 4,026
It's nice to resubscribe to LP thread.

Just counting down the clock now, getting ready for what's next :wink:

Jun 13, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #1,505 of 4,026
It's nice to resubscribe to LP thread.

Just counting down the clock now, getting ready for what's next :wink:
Don't remember, re you yet on the P6Pro train or waiting for new generation next year?

Jun 13, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,506 of 4,026
Don't remember, re you yet on the P6Pro train or waiting for new generation next year?
Waiting for next year (will likely get Ti edition). I will have R01 to hold myself over haha

Jun 13, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #1,507 of 4,026
Jun 13, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #1,508 of 4,026
Hi folks
Can the volume be changed on P6Pro in DAC mode and is not just on or off as I read in some older review?
Any issues with upper mids for people using the Traillii?
I read here that DAC mode is working from Ipod Touch.
So I guess it will also work from IPhone /IPad / Macbook Pro?

Yea it just adjusts very slowly. And upper mids + Traillii = it’s incredible, buttery smooth

Jun 15, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,510 of 4,026
Another question as alternative for a R2R desktop DAC, has anyone experimented connecting P6Pro via LO to some desktop amp like A90 and can report how it scales?

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #1,512 of 4,026
Hey! @FooFighter ! Don't try to change the subject on me! :gs1000smile:
😎 point is that I am yet investigating into getting some DENAFRIPS DAC myself but wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #1,513 of 4,026
I don’t foresee the p6pro out scaling an Ares 2
I had the Ares 2 from Denafrips and loved it but dynamics weren’t lacking so I upgraded to the Pontus 2 and it’s incredibly impressive across the board. Does take a lot of burn in.

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #1,514 of 4,026
I think one of the keys to great sound is the power supply. While batteries have immproved, and the new ones have much better power delivery curves than old alkaline and nicads, you can't get "as much" power as from the wall.....

I'm curious aboutt the current batch of r2r dacs as well - based on how good the P6Pro sounds - I am sure it would be a good desktop dac, but doubt it would keep up with a Denafrips, Sonnet Morpheus, aor the Metrum stuff -

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #1,515 of 4,026
I think one of the keys to great sound is the power supply. While batteries have immproved, and the new ones have much better power delivery curves than old alkaline and nicads, you can't get "as much" power as from the wall.....

I'm curious aboutt the current batch of r2r dacs as well - based on how good the P6Pro sounds - I am sure it would be a good desktop dac, but doubt it would keep up with a Denafrips, Sonnet Morpheus, aor the Metrum stuff -

It is crazy how underrated a good PSU is on these music players, something that a lot of people seem to blatantly ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back