Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jun 15, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #1,516 of 4,006
I don’t foresee the p6pro out scaling an Ares 2
I had the Ares 2 from Denafrips and loved it but dynamics weren’t lacking so I upgraded to the Pontus 2 and it’s incredibly impressive across the board. Does take a lot of burn in.
Exactly the model I am eying at at the moment...
Can you tell me if it is supporting IOS/Android too as source OS via USB or only Windows/MacOS?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #1,517 of 4,006
It is crazy how underrated a good PSU is on these music players, something that a lot of people seem to blatantly ignore.
In audio gear, the psu supplies the "music-voltage/current" the signal just tells it what to do (as in modulates it). And for ac-powered gear, good power distribution/conditioning equipment is very important as well. I use really good cords and 'power blocks' in my systems at home -they make dramatic improvements. I use stuff we sell, so not sure if mentioing them is OK or not here.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #1,518 of 4,006
Jun 15, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #1,519 of 4,006
I’ve only used it hooked to a ddc via usb to my iMac running Roon and Audirvana.
Haven’t tried any other configuration. Here is the link to the user manual. https://3beb070f-8ca8-434d-b6b3-760...d/4b933e_b82fbed8f2024055b21b49b3fa268314.pdf
Thx, no mentioning of other OS than MacOS which I am planning using myself btw with also Audirvana, respectively Windows or Linux but I would like to have some smaller footprint source like my DAP or IPad when listening on my sleeping couch where the stack is supposed to be positioned...
So if you could test that at any point I'd be very thankful and I guess it's also interesting for this thread here considering P6Pro seems to support exactly that use case 🙄

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #1,520 of 4,006
Wondering about the dynamic range specs of P6Pro as they aren't listed anyware.
According to earlier post of Alex, Twister there's a 3db gain of dynamic range compared to P6

P6 specs:
SNR: >123.5dB (balanced)
Dynamic range: >118.5dB (balanced)

My conclusion for P6Pro specs then:
SNR: >125 (balanced)
Dynamic range:121.5dB (balanced)

I find those values quite stunning!
Look at the values of some DENAFRIPS PONTUS II:
S/N Ratio: 120dB
Dynamic Range: >121dB
OK, R2R config is more complex 24 vs 16? and that thing also has a higher voltage of amazing 4.0Vrms with XLR output at 1250 Ω thus might be harder to keep the noise down but still...

Just to have that one also side by side: Cayin R01
SNR: 115db
Dynamic range: 113db

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,521 of 4,006
Thx, no mentioning of other OS than MacOS which I am planning using myself btw with also Audirvana, respectively Windows or Linux but I would like to have some smaller footprint source like my DAP or IPad when listening on my sleeping couch where the stack is supposed to be positioned...
So if you could test that at any point I'd be very thankful and I guess it's also interesting for this thread here considering P6Pro seems to support exactly that use case 🙄
I have asked the DENAFRIPS distributor VINSHINE AUDIO from Singapore and he confirmed that Pontus II is supporting both Android and IOS besides Windows, MacOS and Linux 👍

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,523 of 4,006
Fellows! I was just given a file by users in the Chinese LP group, which helps me COMPLETELY solve the song tag issue under Mac! All you need is to make sure that the songs are starting with the numbering of that track, such as 01, 02... If you use Macbook to rip CDs, this should be the default naming format for those files.

Then, simply do the following.
  1. Connect your LP machine to your MacBook in storage (MSC) mode.
  2. Copy this "sort" file to your TF card.
  3. Run it. Your system may block this. In this case, please go to the "system preferences - security and privacy" of your MacBook to allow for running this file.
  4. it will open a terminal and ask you to confirm to proceed. Once you do, it will start sorting all the files on your SD card. Then you should be all set!
Here's the link to the file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POfbXmwUr-czK2-Z-1pHdwniU2nQNsQc/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I use the folder way to organize my files, which is artist - albums. This file recognizes this organization and automatically sorts each album.

C4B3B53B-CCFC-412F-AE3F-E0FD8279EC94.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #1,524 of 4,006
Fellows! I was just given a file by users in the Chinese LP group, which helps me COMPLETELY solve the song tag issue under Mac! All you need is to make sure that the songs are starting with the numbering of that track, such as 01, 02... If you use Macbook to rip CDs, this should be the default naming format for those files.

3. Run it. Your system may block this. In this case, please go to the "system preferences - security and privacy" of your MacBook to allow for running this file.
  4. it will open a terminal and ask you to confirm to proceed. Once you do, it will start sorting all the files on your SD card. Then you should be all set!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POfbXmwUr-czK2-Z-1pHdwniU2nQNsQc/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I use the folder way to organize my files, which is artist - albums. This file recognizes this organization and automatically sorts each album.

Thanks pal. I have been using it and the file is also on the Google Drive of Japanese L&P I shared previously.

Jun 29, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #1,525 of 4,006

Windows version is now available.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1YYSpbbsLMjuRg0d3u8eNMKGdAP7c_KEx

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #1,526 of 4,006
92B40B3D-0183-4EBC-86A2-60F1238C4908.png

@bluestorm1992 gave me the heads up about the VGP awards. See how well the interesting machines have done. :)

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #1,528 of 4,006
P6 Pro beat Shanling M30?

Man that's crazy
Maybe portable was high up there on the criteria they used? Certainly was not software.

Sound and portable the P6 Pro is, to me, tops in the price bracket.

Software works does not crash as long as you resign to the limitations, it could be soooo much better.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #1,529 of 4,006
Maybe portable was high up there on the criteria they used? Certainly was not software.

Sound and portable the Pro is, to me, tops in the price bracket.

Software works does not crash as long as you resign to the limitations, it could be soooo much better.
All the praise P6 Pro gets has led me to place a reservation (advance interest) for the LP7 Ti.

Even though I’m not a LP card carrying member just yet, I will be next year!

Jun 29, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,530 of 4,006
P6 Pro beat Shanling M30?

Man that's crazy

Maybe they were focusing on tube output? I found M30 dual NuKorg tube implementation to be not as good as C9, but their (M30) solid state output is pretty good! In software, M30 is not bad, but still on Android 7 and closed system with only a few streaming apps allowed, so there are some limitations. I know they updated the fw after I tested it, but the very early M30 fw was lagging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back