Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jul 1, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #1,546 of 4,026
Haha! Interesting: I know where to find that switch in the Sony 1Z and 1A - is there such a switch for USB DAC to be self powered? I can’t say I actually found it. :)

Another question I have is this before going into the play interface, how does one change the volume of the output. I scrolled the wheel but that only brought me around the landing page and the options there. Rather than the volume itself.
There is a control option for the wheel. The default setting is what you describe. When the screen is on the volume wheel scrolls settings.

To change;
Go into System Settings,
next Advanced,
next Touch screen and Keys,
next Menu control key settings,
next Change from Knob to Media control key.
You will know always control volume with knob, (more commonly called Wheel).

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #1,547 of 4,026
There is a control option for the wheel. The default setting is what you describe. When the screen is on the volume wheel scrolls settings. Go into System Settings, next Advanced, next Touch screen and Keys, next Menu control key settings, next Change to Media control key. You will know always control volume with knob, (more commonly called Wheel).
Ah! Thank you! That makes sense! Cos some of my customs require like 35 volume while the rest around 20. I had visions of going deaf when switching iems. :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #1,548 of 4,026
Ah! Thank you! That makes sense! Cos some of my customs require like 35 volume while the rest around 20. I had visions of going death when switching iems. :wink:
Odd choice for the default, good luck with your unit, many happy hours.

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #1,549 of 4,026
I do enjoy the sound signature of the P6 Pro. And the UI is fine with me. I must say that the first time I decided to scan the SD card, the function started and got stuck. Heheh! Later after playing for a while, I took a punt and did it again. This time, it completed the scan. Well, frankly, I am perfectly comfortable browsing via file directory. Sense of dejavu. Now just slowly adding more music to my microSD card. I did notice that the numbering was in reverse order. :)

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #1,550 of 4,026
Odd choice for the default, good luck with your unit, many happy hours.
Is there a choice that I can make for default volume? I actually didn’t do anything or maybe I inadvertently did that. The volume is to drive the FitEar DC which, if I recall correctly, has 2 DDs and EST tweeters. So a bit power hungry.

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #1,551 of 4,026
Is there a choice that I can make for default volume? I actually didn’t do anything or maybe I inadvertently did that. The volume is to drive the FitEar DC which, if I recall correctly, has 2 DDs and EST tweeters. So a bit power hungry.
I do not think so, when you turn it on it should be at the volume you turned it off at.

There is not much rhyme or reason to the sort order of the tracks, I think it is by the time it was added to the card, not sure about that.

Next time I add an album I am going to copy one track at a time, in order, to see if that solves it.

Hard to say because for me 70 percent of the time they are in the correct order.

If it is true, that would make the process ridiculous, hope they somehow fix this in a firmware update, it is so annoying.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,552 of 4,026
I do not think so, when you turn it on it should be at the volume you turned it off at.

There is not much rhyme or reason to the sort order of the tracks, I think it is by the time it was added to the card, but not sure about that.

Next time I add an album I am going to copy one track at a time, in order, to see if that solves it.

Hard to say because for me 70 percent of the time they are in the correct order.

If it is true, that would make the process ridiculous, hope they somehow fix this in a firmware update, it is so annoying.
Yes, there is a sense of deja vu for me cos the first audiophile DAPs like the iBasso DX100 and AK100 were very rudimentary and only had directory browsing. :) Most important thing is that the music at least sounds sublime. :)

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,553 of 4,026
For iOS need to change P6P usb power to self power, but looks like you got it!

I have a question, what is the difference between short and long delay for usb? Why would one ever choose long?
I wonder about the usb delay part too…maybe as a buffer for info transmission?

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,554 of 4,026
Fellows! I was just given a file by users in the Chinese LP group, which helps me COMPLETELY solve the song tag issue under Mac! All you need is to make sure that the songs are starting with the numbering of that track, such as 01, 02... If you use Macbook to rip CDs, this should be the default naming format for those files.

Then, simply do the following.
  1. Connect your LP machine to your MacBook in storage (MSC) mode.
  2. Copy this "sort" file to your TF card.
  3. Run it. Your system may block this. In this case, please go to the "system preferences - security and privacy" of your MacBook to allow for running this file.
  4. it will open a terminal and ask you to confirm to proceed. Once you do, it will start sorting all the files on your SD card. Then you should be all set!
Here's the link to the file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1POfbXmwUr-czK2-Z-1pHdwniU2nQNsQc/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I use the folder way to organize my files, which is artist - albums. This file recognizes this organization and automatically sorts each album.

C4B3B53B-CCFC-412F-AE3F-E0FD8279EC94.jpeg
Works nicely. Thanks @bluestorm1992 !

8B23195C-7794-4AE0-8D3B-B31025376358.jpeg

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #1,555 of 4,026
4A071C74-91F6-4052-9B2C-A51C80820684.jpeg

Spent some time adding more music files. Now listening to Halie Loren’s version of Ode to Billie Joe with the Shichiku Kangen and Socrates cable. Now understand why everyone have been raving about the SQ of the P6 Pro. :)

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,556 of 4,026
4A071C74-91F6-4052-9B2C-A51C80820684.jpeg
Spent some time adding more music files. Now listening to Halie Loren’s version of Ode to Billie Joe with the Shichiku Kangen and Socrates cable. Now understand why everyone have been raving about the SQ of the P6 Pro. :)

L&P sorts their files by date added, not alphabetical order, that is why they are out of order when you copy new files.

The best workaround which I have been using with all L&P DAPs in the last 5+ years is DriveSort util where you don't need to rename anything. Connect L&P DAP, run util, navigate to P6 Pro storage, sort and safe, and it is done. The only thing, it is for Windows and maybe Linux, not sure if there is something similar for MAC.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #1,557 of 4,026
L&P sorts their files by date added, not alphabetical order, that is why they are out of order when you copy new files.

The best workaround which I have been using with all L&P DAPs in the last 5+ years is DriveSort util where you don't need to rename anything. Connect L&P DAP, run util, navigate to P6 Pro storage, sort and safe, and it is done. The only thing, it is for Windows and maybe Linux, not sure if there is something similar for MAC.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected.

One question, is it the date and time you originally ripped the album to a hard drive, or is it the date and time you copied it to a SD Card?

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #1,558 of 4,026

The method I recommend to @Kiats above (which he quoted) is for MAC. So now it seems that all the platforms are covered. :)

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #1,559 of 4,026
Thanks for confirming what I suspected.

One question, is it the date and time you originally ripped the album to a hard drive, or is it the date and time you copied it to a SD Card?
Time you copied into it I believe.

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,560 of 4,026
Time you copied into it I believe.
Thanks,
Did not try your MAC fix yet, does that really address the file created by date issue when using the directory.
My files are already named correctly. 01,02,03, etc…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back