Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jun 11, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #3,061 of 5,299
Question to iOS+W2 users: does it also resample everything to 48/24 like Android does or allows bit-perfect?

I got sick of UAPP and also want to try other lossless streaming options besides Tidal with my W2 but Tidal still sounds so much better in UAPP compared to native app, so I started thinking of getting an iPhone even after being a loyal Android user for ages.
No it does not. Everything shows up correctly with Apple Music.
69D8AF3D-1CAD-438B-8DEC-CA43337DDF48.jpeg

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #3,062 of 5,299
No it does not. Everything shows up correctly with Apple Music. 69D8AF3D-1CAD-438B-8DEC-CA43337DDF48.jpeg
Thanks! Gone checking which iPhone has the best battery then :)
Btw, could someone please compare iOS native Tidal app + W2 sound quality vs same for Android phone (not DAP) vs Android+UAPP?

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #3,063 of 5,299
So, only with HD560s ? If you don't know, try with your anole and see if the problem still occurs. If only with 560s, try with your 3.5 soundcard output. If still present, try another cable (they use the same 2.5 trrs cup connector as ATH-M50x, you should be able to order a cheap one on amazon to try). Otherwise, contact Sennheiser/retailer for replacement or repair.

If on both :
For the USB cable issue : you should be able to swipe cable as you most certainly have other usb-c cables for you phone etc. See if the problem remains.
If yes, try setting your Windows bit depth/samplerate to 16/44100. Some games doesn't support higher res/samplearte without causing sound artifacts, cuts, fps drops -> cyberpunk 2077 for example). By default windows sets up W2 on 32/384000. If still present, try to update your W2 firmware, and more importantly, your driver (WHQL_20210510 driver - came in addition with the new 1.0.2.6 firmware -> see post 1). The previous drivers were a complete mess on W10, causing BSOD, freezes, high DPC latency. If still present, try to run Latency mon (for 30 min/1 hour while playing audio to see if you're good at this level. If Latency Mon doesn't report anything, maybe you got a faulty unit, contact your retailer or L&P. If Latency mon shows latency problems with audio playback, you'll have to investigate what is causing them. Causes can be multiple, usually driver or CPU throttling related.

[EDIT] Try the bit depth/samplerate solution fist, I have a huge itch.
Do not think it is an issue with the headphone cable, as I was using it with FiiO Q5S previously with no issues. I think the clipping also happened when I used the W2 with the VX but not as frequently as the hd560s, I do remember it clipping maybe once or twice in Spotify, but not when I was listening to flac on Foobar.

The firmware is updated to the newest one available (1.0.2.6). I will change the sample rate and bit depth in windows. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense, hopefully it will solve the issue! Thank you for your help, appreciate it!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #3,064 of 5,299
Do not think it is an issue with the headphone cable, as I was using it with FiiO Q5S previously with no issues. I think the clipping also happened when I used the W2 with the VX but not as frequently as the hd560s, I do remember it clipping maybe once or twice in Spotify, but not when I was listening to flac on Foobar.

The firmware is updated to the newest one available (1.0.2.6). I will change the sample rate and bit depth in windows. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense, hopefully it will solve the issue! Thank you for your help, appreciate it!
Driver is the new one I listed ? The samplerate argument is only for gaming, but clipping/cuts in spotify could be network related. Here for latencymon : https://resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

+ check crappy usb cable / wobbly W2 connector (I doubt it's the connector, W1/W2 have the best USB-C connectors I've seen on dongles so far, and PCB seems steady in the frame - but could be a faulty unit).

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #3,065 of 5,299
Driver is the new one I listed ? The samplerate argument is only for gaming, but clipping/cuts in spotify could be network related. Here for latencymon : https://resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

+ check crappy usb cable / wobbly W2 connector (I doubt it's the connector, W1/W2 have the best USB-C connectors I've seen on dongles so far, PCB seems steady in the frame).
I believe the spotify related clipping with my VX was because I was maxing out my bandwidth as I was downloading multiple torrents at the same time. The clipping did not happen after my torrents were completed. In fact, that was the only time outside CSGO where the clipping happened. Mostly it happened when I was in game. I will update if changing the sample rate/ bit depth helps when I am in game.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #3,067 of 5,299
Question to iOS+W2 users: does it also resample everything to 48/24 like Android does or allows bit-perfect?

I got sick of UAPP and also want to try other lossless streaming options besides Tidal with my W2 but Tidal still sounds so much better in UAPP compared to native app, so I started thinking of getting an iPhone even after being a loyal Android user for ages.
Can you demo Amazon Music HD on your current Android phone or is that no option for you?
Can imagine that this sounds better than native Tidal.
From my perception :
UApp > Amazon Music HD > Native Tidal
Difference between Amazon and UApp isn't as big though as to Native Tidal app

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #3,069 of 5,299
I can understand wanting to try other apps but what made you get sick of UAPP?

A guess : the interface ? I only use UAPP as renderer, using Bubbleunpnp interface (which I find so much better) outputting on UAPP renderer to get PEQ and optimal USB exclusive use of the DAC and avoid android resampling, fine volume control, volume limiter, etc. (now there is a collaboration between the two apps developers, and you can select UAPP as an output in Bubble even without wifi/cellular data/local network, you can get your phone volume buttons working even with screen off etc.). And also I mainly streams my foobar library, using bubbleupnp as bridge between a lot of upnp renderers - Bubble capability (unlike UAPP) to use the search function of foobar library is dope, search works with tags, file names etc.). Qobuz works with both UAPP and Bubble BTW, as is Tidal.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #3,070 of 5,299
I can understand wanting to try other apps but what made you get sick of UAPP?
For instance, I can't see in UAPP if the track is already added to favourites or not, do not see my all-time / monthly / yearly most listened tracks and individual suggestions, scrolling inside a track takes ages in UAPP, and many more minor features are also available only in the native app but the biggest caveat is that offline is not and will not be supported outside native app.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #3,071 of 5,299
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #3,072 of 5,299
Can you demo Amazon Music HD on your current Android phone or is that no option for you?
Can imagine that this sounds better than native Tidal.
From my perception :
UApp > Amazon Music HD > Native Tidal
Difference between Amazon and UApp isn't as big though as to Native Tidal app
I can't unfortunately as Amazon Music is not available in me country: not just apps which could be downloaded elsewhere but also all kinds of payments.

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #3,073 of 5,299
I can't unfortunately as Amazon Music is not available in me country: not just apps which could be downloaded elsewhere but also all kinds of payments.
Looks like it's not about Android resampling but about some magic UAPP does to music: just compared Tidal@UAPP on android vs Tidal native on Android vs Apple music lossless on my old iPhone 6s, all using W2, and latter twos are quite similar but UAPP stands out miles ahead in details and layering.

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #3,075 of 5,299
Where can I find the official site to download firmware, drivers etc?
I know only of the source on page 1 of this thread. I think the original link is either not accessible outside China or the site only in Chinese? I took the latest driver from post #1, put it on a usb thumb drive and after visiting a friend who uses Windows, I could update my W2… I hope they will release a Mac updater an an official website for this. How hard can that be??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back