Inputs needed: Denon AH-D7000 + iBasso D6 DAC Amplifier?
Oct 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chezzy79

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first post and I am completely new to the world of audiophiles so please take it easy if I seem a little ignorant.  Anyways recently I was given a gift card to bhphotovideo.com and since I was looking to buy a headphone I was looking for a little advice.  

I decided to save my money for a next couple month and go all out on investing in a quality headphone that I can use for the rest of my life. I came to the conclusion that I should get a Denon AH-D7000 and a iBasso D6 headphone amp.  I'm planning to use the headphone mainly with my iPhone (using a 30-pin line out) and laptop to play FLAC files (I listen mainly to hip hop, dubstep, hard rock, classical rock, and classical music).  Some might say that the amp will not quite measure up to the headphones, but I probably cannot spend over $250 on the amp since the headphone is so expensive.  

The bottomline is, I have never owned a quality pair of headphones and I know it is a huge leap from my Klipsch s4i I much rather have a one amazing headphone than 3 mid-end ones over the course of several years.  From the B&H website, AH-D7000was the only high-end headphone that was on sale but I want some personal advice from someone who knows a lot more than I do.  Would this combination be a good investment?

ANY input is greatly appreciated.  Also if you have any tips on what not to do and how to take a good care of these headphones that will be amazing.  Some day I hope to pass this headphone to my kids or something.

Thank you!

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 5
I was looking at the iBasso stuff and it looks good, you should be in good hands.

I ended up going with the FiiO E7/E9 combo and it works out great for me.

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 5
I use it with all my headphones.

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 5
If this is not too late, I use the D6 with my D5000's and I am very satisfied with the results. I also use the combination with the same music genes as you in FLAC. on a mac book pro.. They feed the Denons well but a dedicated tube amp (In my Humble Opinion) is where it;s at for these babies. iI have been using a dark voice, but i would just as easily go for a little dot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back