InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Dec 4, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #722 of 3,191
If you could learn what technician did that work; so that he/she can be requested for the commission.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #724 of 3,191
Excuse me if this is an ignorant post, but can dynamic IEMs be remolded too?  It seems like only armature IEMs are being remolded.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #725 of 3,191
The short answer is no. There is one though. It is the UE Superfi 5EB. I think thats what it is, someone please correct me. The only reason that one can be done is because the driver is inside its own container. Fisher has done at least one or two of those. They put a bore hole in the casing of the mold. Never heard of Fisher doing any others. Might want to check with other reshellers though.

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #726 of 3,191
Quote:
The short answer is no. There is one though. It is the UE Superfi 5EB. I think thats what it is, someone please correct me. The only reason that one can be done is because the driver is inside its own container. Fisher has done at least one or two of those. They put a bore hole in the casing of the mold. Never heard of Fisher doing any others. Might want to check with other reshellers though.

Thank you for the quick response.  I thought no as well actually. 

I also wonder if it has something to do also with dynamic drivers being larger and literally needing to moving air.  They wouldn't be able to physically move air if they are so tightly enclosed perhaps?

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #727 of 3,191
I just got my TF10s back. Perfect fit, etching came out exactly how i wanted, and the customer service was top notch. The black and gold swirl came out very nice (picture doesnt do it justice).

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #729 of 3,191
Man those are awesome

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #730 of 3,191
Yikes.  Well, that definitely causes me to rethink the color choice for my order. I didn't know they could swirl a gold tint. I was just going by the colors that they include on their website.  Thanks for sharing your photo, 306Knight.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #731 of 3,191

Quote:
I just got my TF10s back. Perfect fit, etching came out exactly how i wanted, and the customer service was top notch. The black and gold swirl came out very nice (picture doesnt do it justice).

The swirling looks excellent! I like the etching too.

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #733 of 3,191
The price was around 150. I originally had them paint the logo but it was way too loud and since i needed my right ear refit i had them remove the paint and do a basic etch, which came out much nicer.

I live right by their shop so it wasnt a big deal for me to have work redone. The service is top notch (seriously best i have seen in any industry).

I will take some other pictures later. As FYI the gold really does have a nice sparkle to it. Although the color between my right and left is not perfect. as the right ear was recast it is fairly close but the right does look a lot brighter.  That said they fit and look damn near perfect and i am extremely happy.

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #735 of 3,191
Ok...I can join the club now that my TF10s are back.   They arrived at Fisher on 11/21, got a call from Kaysen on 11/28 that the impressions weren't any good.  I got my impressions redone the next day, they arrived back to Fisher on 12/1.  I just got them back today 12/13.

The fit feels good and I think I'm getting a good seal.  But I'm a bit disappointed with the look. The color is far off from what I had expected.  It was supposed to be a brighter red and blue.  
Also, I have a question for those who are using the UE Custom cables.  Which direction are the L/R letters supposed to be pointing?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back