InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Nov 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #693 of 3,191
Well mine also seem to fit.  Would upload photo but not sure how, everytime I try it doesn't work.  Got them uploaded to photobucket what's the next step?

Cheers

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #694 of 3,191

Quote:
Well mine also seem to fit.  Would upload photo but not sure how, everytime I try it doesn't work.  Got them uploaded to photobucket what's the next step?

Cheers

Since they made some changes to the board I have not been able to use sites like photobucket. These days I just click the Insert Image button and upload straight off the PC. It will resize the pic for you. If you figure anything better out let me know also :wink:

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #695 of 3,191
For my UM3X, if I ask for a double-bore. Would you recommend that I put the mid/low together or the mid/high together?I know its supposed to have slightly forward mids; so maybe putting it in the same bore of the bass will help reduce the mids?

Or I can give each driver its own freedom with a triple-bore if I could fit it. xD

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #696 of 3,191
edit: Post no longer applies. Got TF10's in the Amazon deal.

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #697 of 3,191
Most likely it will be fine. What aftermarket cable could they have been using though. All the custom cables that even come close are too big and dont fit like the UE, Westone and so on. I guess if you push real hard you could jam it in there and then get it stuck in the socket lol, which is obviously what must have happened.

Of course there is no way to be 100% positive from where I'm sitting here in Kent but my guess would be that no damage was caused that would prevent reshelling.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #699 of 3,191

Quote:
So what's the story if I want to use a 3rd party cable after the re-shelling? Do they have to use a whole new socket, and will it cost me extra?

If you go with Fisher they will use their in house socket, which is the same as the UE, Westone and I think the JH and various other customs. You will be able to buy the cable from Fisher or any of the custom cable makers around.

If you want to use the stock Triple Fi cable you will have to ask Fisher to harvest it out for you and use it in your new shell. Last check they did not charge extra for this. Problem is that you will always be stuck with the stock Triple Fi cable which has slightly smaller pins. I dont know of aftermarket Triple Fi cables but that doesnt mean they dont exist, I just dont know about them.

If you want to use the stock Triple Fi cable badly and still want the aftermarket cable socket you can pinch the tip of the pins on the stock cable a little with pliers enough to make them fit tight. People will tell you it will mess with SQ. It may, but thats for you to decide.

So long story short, if you go with Fisher and dont make any additional requests you will get a socket that doesnt natively fit the stock Triple Fi cable therefore requiring the purchase of their or another cable, with plenty to choose from.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #700 of 3,191
I have waited, I wanted to be sure, I have compared with some universal TF10, but now I must admit : the sound is different (in a bad way).
I have lost lots of bass and the highs are tirering. And I sometimes get some cracking noises in the right shell and when I fiddle with it I also get some clicking sound although I don't see any moving parts.

Too bad because the fit is just perfect.

I've emailed Kaysen, let's see what we can do to fix this.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #701 of 3,191
Good luck, you know they aren't there till tuesday don't you?

Well contrary to what I posted above it seems that I still need to get the fit sorted out.  Not fitting as easily as it should, and when I do get a fit it gets tiring to wear after half hour or so.  Bummed out really.  Feels like it's just slightly out but just enough to foul the fit :frowning2:

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #702 of 3,191

Sorry to hear about your issue, it must be frustrating too.
I guessed the people at InEarz would be off for Thanksgiving. We shall see how things go next week, I am sure Kaysen will provide a solution to my problem.
Quote:
Good luck, you know they aren't there till tuesday don't you?

Well contrary to what I posted above it seems that I still need to get the fit sorted out.  Not fitting as easily as it should, and when I do get a fit it gets tiring to wear after half hour or so.  Bummed out really.  Feels like it's just slightly out but just enough to foul the fit :frowning2:

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #703 of 3,191
Yup this will be the second time they go back, at least I can pinpoint more easily the problems this time.  It seems to be pressure on the tragus/antitragus bit according to the ultimate ears fit tool.

It's the four week wait that kills me though.

Cheers.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #704 of 3,191
Well, since the TF10 sale has come and gone, I guess we're going to see an influx of folks who are interested in remolding.
ksc75smile.gif

I'm considering getting a straight reshell from either InEarz or Kozee or going with Unique Melody and adding a fourth driver. Has anyone here done that? Is it worth the extra cost for the fourth driver addition or should I just go with the straight remold?

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #705 of 3,191

I have been wondering the same thing.  Let me know if you find anyone that has re shelled with the 4th.
Quote:
Well, since the TF10 sale has come and gone, I guess we're going to see an influx of folks who are interested in remolding.
ksc75smile.gif

I'm considering getting a straight reshell from either InEarz or Kozee or going with Unique Melody and adding a fourth driver. Has anyone here done that? Is it worth the extra cost for the fourth driver addition or should I just go with the straight remold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back