InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jul 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #332 of 3,191
hmmmm.... tried it, but it looks like the signal is still dropping in & out. I'll be sending them back. Thanks for the advice though.

Jul 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #333 of 3,191
Nice thread,

I am going to give this a try with my Livewires, which have always had a poor fit. I never got around to remolding them because I had a pair of ue5s that fit perfectly. Been dying for new color and a different design though. looking at Darkblue translucent with my initials as the pattern.

I should be ok with livewires right guys? i shot them an email through their website... Hope that works.

Jul 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #334 of 3,191
I'm getting the Livewire Trips remolded through them. I asked another head-fi member who went through Fisher with the Trips and everything turned out fine for the most part.

Jul 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #336 of 3,191
I would contact them first. Their address is different than the one on the website I believe since they haven't updated it I think. They told me a different address when I called them up at first. Also you should make sure they can use the livewire cable although it really isn't hard but might as well. I opted for the ES cable while the other head-fi member uses the Fisher cable.

I'm hoping to get it soon. They got everything on June 21 so next week should be 15 business days.

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #338 of 3,191

Quote:
I would contact them first. Their address is different than the one on the website I believe since they haven't updated it I think. They told me a different address when I called them up at first. Also you should make sure they can use the livewire cable although it really isn't hard but might as well. I opted for the ES cable while the other head-fi member uses the Fisher cable.

I'm hoping to get it soon. They got everything on June 21 so next week should be 15 business days.

Thanks for the run down. The fisher cable looks nice. I would do the ES or the UE cables but they oxidize BAD.

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #339 of 3,191
Well that's for all clear cables isn't it? I went with the black ES cable for around $30 shipped which is better than the $40 at Westone. I was told to avoid the Fisher cable if I could so that's what I did. I've tried the Westone cable for the universals so and the custom cable from there is highly regarded so wasn't too hard a choice. If you go with them I'd suggest you go throuh earphone solutions with their july 4th discount code for 18% off. I'm not sure what the code is but it's somewhere around here. Although the livewire cable that I had was oxidized and it didn't look too bad really and looked quite nice for an oxidized cable.

Jul 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #340 of 3,191

Quote:
Well that's for all clear cables isn't it? I went with the black ES cable for around $30 shipped which is better than the $40 at Westone. I was told to avoid the Fisher cable if I could so that's what I did. I've tried the Westone cable for the universals so and the custom cable from there is highly regarded so wasn't too hard a choice. If you go with them I'd suggest you go throuh earphone solutions with their july 4th discount code for 18% off. I'm not sure what the code is but it's somewhere around here. Although the livewire cable that I had was oxidized and it didn't look too bad really and looked quite nice for an oxidized cable.

Thanks but I have a pair of Ue5s that I am getting a UE black cable to use with - a kind member here reterminated it to a straight plug for me, so that is what I will use. Rawrster, what is the contact info for inearz?

This is the design im going to do on my darkblue transluscents..going to ask them what colors they can do for the engraving first to see if it will work.

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #341 of 3,191
The discount code is:

JULY42010

I am about to order one but i hear that the memory wire thing is too short. Is it? I also want to get clear because my monitors will be clear but i will see the oxidation. Is it that nasty looking? ive never seen it. But I want black because i will not see the oxidation... What do you guys think?

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #342 of 3,191
go to www.inearz.com and there should be a phone number to call them. There's also email which is kaysen@fisherhearing.com I think but I might be wrong about the email. The website tells you their contact info so it's all there

@Uruha: there's probably some pics you can dig up if you search enough. I just went for black since I could see it bothering me but not sure so black was the safer purchase.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #344 of 3,191
my UE clear cable has started to turn green. I wouldnt care if it was the same all over. from they spit up is still nice looking. Since I grabbed a pair of sm3s though they have been relegate to lawn mowing phones. If i get the sm3s molded, i will opt for a black cable. 

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #345 of 3,191

Quote:
The discount code is:

JULY42010

I am about to order one but i hear that the memory wire thing is too short. Is it? I also want to get clear because my monitors will be clear but i will see the oxidation. Is it that nasty looking? ive never seen it. But I want black because i will not see the oxidation... What do you guys think?

I have clear customs and went this route. But what you can do is pick up a pure silver cable  in white/clear - those ones do not oxidize. I had one for a while before I traded for a regular UE cable. I didn't like the memory curl that happens when you stow it, and my connectors were looking bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back