InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jul 14, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #363 of 3,191
I sent them an e-mail yesterday, and received a reply this morning. Turns out they can't do something like this.

Quote:
[size=11pt]Well the white and yellow will be no problem, it’s the blue that we are having a problem with, because when we laser it, it will laser everything together and it will look like a blob. They wont be separated when they are burned [/size]

and I can't paint it afterwards because:

Quote:
[size=11pt]Unfortunately after we paint them we apply a seal over so that the paint will never chip off.[/size]

So I e-mailed them back and said I will re-think my design and get back to them. All in all, I'm extremely happy with their support and quickly replying my questions. I'm disappointed that they can't do my design, but if it's not possible - then it's not possible. I'll think of something else simpler that matches my personality.

Thanks for the comments. If anyone would like, I can keep update this thread through the whole process. :D

Jul 15, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #364 of 3,191

ORLANDO, FL, US 15/07/2010 7:45 DEPARTURE SCAN
  15/07/2010 4:25 ARRIVAL SCAN
  15/07/2010 4:19 DEPARTURE SCAN
ORLANDO, FL, US 14/07/2010 22:52 ARRIVAL SCAN
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL, US 14/07/2010 22:00 DEPARTURE SCAN
  14/07/2010 21:07 ORIGIN SCAN
US 14/07/2010 17:51 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

They are on the plane to the UK I think! yeah.

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #365 of 3,191

Quote:

ORLANDO, FL, US 15/07/2010 7:45 DEPARTURE SCAN
  15/07/2010 4:25 ARRIVAL SCAN
  15/07/2010 4:19 DEPARTURE SCAN
ORLANDO, FL, US 14/07/2010 22:52 ARRIVAL SCAN
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL, US 14/07/2010 22:00 DEPARTURE SCAN
  14/07/2010 21:07 ORIGIN SCAN
US 14/07/2010 17:51 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

They are on the plane to the UK I think! yeah.

Wow, you are pretty eager, yes? I've never seen someone post their UPS tracking info step by step before. :)

Jul 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #366 of 3,191
Big kudos to Kaysen and the Fisher team! Some of the best customer service in the business.

I sent my remolded TF10s via FedEx ground last Thursday and they arrived Friday to Lake Mary (I live south of Tampa, FL). I called Kaysen to find out what the game plan was for trouble shooting my right-ear weighted TF10s. She gave me a few technical scenarios that might have happened and told me the techs would check it out. I asked about repair charges since my TF10s were past the 90 days re-fit warranty and Kaysen told me at worst it would be like a $50 repair charge. I received the TF10s back today (Thursday, 4 day turn around as promised by Kaysen) and they work perfectly once again, with the stereo image centered. I checked the invoice and the repair item as well as the shipping item said $0.00! That's right no charge! Very kind of Fisher to do that for me and I can say nothing but good things about the company. All the best to them!! If you're hesitant about dealing with them, don't be....if I ever to to remold another set of universals, I know who to call.

Oh and my ears turned out to be fine. I did have slight ear wax build up in my left ear, which was cleaned out. Immediately after the cleaning, I tested the TF10s and they still had the same issue, which prompted me sending them back to Fisher. While I was at the audiologist I was offered a free hearing screen which showed I have a notch at the 3.5-4.0kHz range. Been in bands too long without hearing protection. I will use my custom monitors and plugs for the rest of life. :)

Quote:
I didn't think of it but you might be right. I have normally clean ears. After showers, I gentle swab the outer portion of my canals with Q-Tips (never going inside). But I also check my ear monitors after gigs and they never have ear wax in them. Also when I got my impressions made, the audiologist told me I had pretty clean canals, never having had a cleaning in my life. I made an appointment to see the same audiologist tomorrow to check my left ear for blockage.

Also, Kaysen emailed this morning and sent me a return auth. form to send the monitors back in (great customer service!) for one of their techs to check out. But I gonna get checked by the doc first - maybe I need a "deep" cleaning!! :) If my ear passes the test, I'll send in the monitors (boo....I'll have to play with those pesky single driver universals again).

Jul 16, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #367 of 3,191
I am pretty eager yes... but posting the UPS was just a case of cutting and pasting :xf_eek:)

Quote:
Wow, you are pretty eager, yes? I've never seen someone post their UPS tracking info step by step before. :)

Jul 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #369 of 3,191
Well I got a call earlier today so I'm around $100 poorer as a result. I'm hoping for no refit issues or anything like that.

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #370 of 3,191
UPDATES 07/17/10:

Kaysen has been extremely helpful. I sent back for refit on 07/06 to Fisher, got them back yesterday 07/16. I have to say, these refits are way better than the previous! They did a great job in fixing the fitting issue. And not only that.. they look much better, crystal clear (except the tips, they seems kind of hazy), no dust particles/bubbles, and flushed better too!

The fit on the right is almost perfect, however the left still feels alittle too big. Also I did noticed, the left has a deeper tip compared to the right. Anyone knows, if that's normal?

Also, the connections on both are alittle lose compared to the first mold, at times the sound on the left starts crackling when I touch the cable connection.

I'm planning to email/ call Kaysen, and see if they can fix that and also make the left alittle smaller, and maybe not as deep. As we all know... Third time's a charm, right?!
wink_face.gif

Here are some pics of the 2nd refits:

Jul 17, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #372 of 3,191
That looks amazing! any shots of the faceplate? also do you get the name of the guy who made yours? I want to request the best they got and whoever worked on that did a nice job. When fall comes i'll place my order because I heard the impressions can shrink and stuff in heat.

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #374 of 3,191
I hope mine look just as nice but in different colors since mine is not clear. I'll find out on Tuesday however. On another note I'm not sure why 2nd day arrives on Tuesday instead of Monday when shipped Friday. I've seen UPS deliver on Saturdays.

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #375 of 3,191
Thanks for the compliments! Yeah I'm very happy with the 2nd refits, I wish I don't have to send these back cause of the fit issue on the left :frowning2: The 1st mold were cloudy and not as crystal clear. Yeah I should have taken some faceplate shots, and no I don't have the name of the person worked on mine. I don't know if Kaysen would share that info though..

All the best to all of you! I'll be posting some updates.. btw just curious.. as you can see in my pics, the left has a longer/ deeper tip compared to the right... I'd imagined both have to be somewhat proportioned, yes no? anyone? thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back