InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jul 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #347 of 3,191
Hey guys. So I've had my TF10 Fisher remolds for about 4 months now. I'm a musician and I've used them almost every weekend at my gigs. In the last 2 or 3 weeks I've begun to notice a shift of the stereo image to my right ear...sort of like the left ear has started to decrease in volume. I've cleaned the sound bores and also tried a new cable but the problem is still there. I've sent an email to Kaysen to see what might be happening. I'll keep this thread updated with what I find out.

These are my first customs and as a musician, I find them indispensible especially when playing drums (loud) and bass guitar. My 5-string electric bass sounds killer through the TF10s. I was using universal single drivers previously and there was no bass response. Anyhow, glad to see people are still going to Fisher for remolds.

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #353 of 3,191

Quote:
Have you cleaned your ears well recently?

I didn't think of it but you might be right. I have normally clean ears. After showers, I gentle swab the outer portion of my canals with Q-Tips (never going inside). But I also check my ear monitors after gigs and they never have ear wax in them. Also when I got my impressions made, the audiologist told me I had pretty clean canals, never having had a cleaning in my life. I made an appointment to see the same audiologist tomorrow to check my left ear for blockage.

Also, Kaysen emailed this morning and sent me a return auth. form to send the monitors back in (great customer service!) for one of their techs to check out. But I gonna get checked by the doc first - maybe I need a "deep" cleaning!! :) If my ear passes the test, I'll send in the monitors (boo....I'll have to play with those pesky single driver universals again).

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #354 of 3,191
So today I received my tf10 custom after a long wait. I was very happy how it looked out of the box. I was excited to put them in my ears. Both of them fit good but the right side sticks out a lot more then my left, which is practically flat. Will fisher hearing fix this problem? I have always read that their customer service is top notch. I just hope they can fix this. Has anyone had this problem before?

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #359 of 3,191
Hey guys, just wanted to get an opinion on my pending design from anyone still watching this thread. I plan on getting my custom mold done Friday and shipping it to Fischer Hearing that same day.

Here is a photoshop edit on what I want to have it look like (I'm from Brazil). What do you guys think, too complex for getting it to look roughly like that?

Also, what would be some standard writing to get done on the inside of the custom shells? I was thinking UETF10 and then my e-mail address in case it got lost, misplaced, and to discourage it being robbed. Any ideas? Thanks! 
font]

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #360 of 3,191
I think the little stars might be a little too detailed for the art. On the inside, they put down the model of the original IEMs and the date they were built (I don't believe you can change these lines). If you choose to use your email address as the third line, it might get split into two rows if it is too long to fit in one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back