InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 8, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #317 of 3,191

Quote:
jleewach, based on my SE530 remold, I'd say go for it! I have no issues and absolutely no sibilance issues whatsoever. They are AMAZING!

Good to hear; although for his sake (and clarification) you aren't going to have a high chance of sibilance with an IEM that doesn't have an emphasis in the higher frequencies; IEMs with an emphasis or pronunciation in the treble have a higher chance of carrying that across :/

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #318 of 3,191

Quote:
Good to hear; although for his sake (and clarification) you aren't going to have a high chance of sibilance with an IEM that doesn't have an emphasis in the higher frequencies; IEMs with an emphasis or pronunciation in the treble have a higher chance of carrying that across :/

exactly what I was thinking. If anything, I wonder if it might improve the 420's treble a bit... I have the 420's and a pair of Klipsch custom 3's that I'm also interested in doing. I'm debating on which one I should choose. The Custom 3's do have higher treble emphasis, so I wonder if they would be riskier.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #319 of 3,191

Quote:
when I re-shipped my customs to Fisher for my refits, they actually redid my entire mold including the faceplate.  I've had these new ones back for almost two months now and they still fit & sound perfectly!  anyways school is finally winding down so I had some time to take these updated pics :)

in regards with that other thread of how I wear mine: loop over the ear to behind my neck, but then I wear the wire down in front with a shirt clip :)

How did you get them curved like that? Most of the earlier moulds seem to stick out slightly at the bottom, yours look much better and completely flush.

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #320 of 3,191

I just got my TF10 custom last night (FYI, it looks like the wait time is no longer 15 days like they promised), the sound is changed just alittle, more distant and bass response is increased.. which is not a huge issue compared to the fitting! The fit is way too tight, almost feel like it's too big for my ear, to the point it was pretty painful to wear them. And of course with that being said, they are not flushed to my ears at all. I'm by no means a stranger to IEM, I've worn IEM (Shure E2) for more than 4 years now playing in the band.

So like many of you here, I gave Kaysen a call this morning about the fit issue. She said to return them, but I was never given a return label and finally she said she will email me their shipping account number.

Just curious... Do any of you have to pay shipping back to them due to fit/ sound issues? Cause from what I read here, Fisher's responsible for shipping back and forth. I'm confused????

PS: I will try and post some pics tonight.

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #322 of 3,191
I sent them via USPS on June 1st, and I believe they received them by the 3rd or 4th.

I was very excited to finally get them back last night, but after trying them on.. I'm having mix feelings. I hope that Fisher can fix the fit issue. Cause now, I don't see how I can use them.. there goes my TF10 :frowning2:

Still waiting on Kaysen's email for their shipping account number...... until then I'm stuck with these unuseable IEMs.....

Jun 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #325 of 3,191
Ohhh yeah.. did you send it back using usps or ups? I'm actually from Portland too :wink: just curious how much did you spend on shipping? and how long does it take to get the refit back? thanks!

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #326 of 3,191
Quote:
Ohhh yeah.. did you send it back using usps or ups? I'm actually from Portland too :wink: just curious how much did you spend on shipping? and how long does it take to get the refit back? thanks!

Remold+Impressions:
Sent: 04/27/10
Delivered: 04/28/10
Received: 05/13/10 (Next Day Shipping)

Express Mail $21.05
Insurance $2.15
Total $23.20

Refit/tweak:
Priority Mail $5.44
Insurance $6.70
Total $12.14

Sent: 05/18/10
Delivered: 05/20/10
Received: 06/03/10 (UPS Ground)

Jun 30, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #327 of 3,191
deviatione
Thanks for the details!! Looks like it only take over a week for the refit. I just tried wearing them again... and yup still hurts :frowning2: I was hoping that it was just the first day impression...

Did you have the same problem as I do, fitting's too tight?

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #328 of 3,191
Well, my truly custom, Klipsch custom 3 remolds came back today. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the fit, design & sound quality. I wasn't expecting the sq to improve, but the dual bores really seem to bring out the soundstage. Unfortunately, all is not completely well. The right earpiece is randomly going in & out. Sometimes, it will play perfectly, others, it's completely dead.. Oh well, I wasnt really expecting things to go completely perfect w/ this type of process. I'll be sending them back out & hopefully they can be fixed. Photos below (I went for transparent black body w/ transparent orange faceplates, as close of a 'tribute' to the custom 3 colors as I could get). 

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #329 of 3,191
Had the same problem. Slighty bend the pins and put them back in. It worked for me.

Well, my truly custom, Klipsch custom 3 remolds came back today. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the fit, design & sound quality. I wasn't expecting the sq to improve, but the dual bores really seem to bring out the soundstage. Unfortunately, all is not completely well. The right earpiece is randomly going in & out. Sometimes, it will play perfectly, others, it's completely dead.. Oh well, I wasnt really expecting things to go completely perfect w/ this type of process. I'll be sending them back out & hopefully they can be fixed. Photos below (I went for transparent black body w/ transparent orange faceplates, as close of a 'tribute' to the custom 3 colors as I could get). 

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #330 of 3,191

Quote:
Had the same problem. Slighty bend the pins and put them back in. It worked for me.

I'm sorry, but could you elaborate on how you bent the pins? Kaysen told me I'd pretty much have to return them to get fixed & I dont want to break the cable connection... I'm clumsy that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back