InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Dec 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #2,823 of 3,191
  Interested in getting some IEMs reshelled in the near with InEarz. What type of cable connector do they use and where can find those cables?

I am not exactly clear on your question. But for me, I had them use the stock TF10 sockets, that way any cable I buy, I can just order one that fits the TF10.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #2,824 of 3,191

I am not exactly clear on your question. But for me, I had them use the stock TF10 sockets, that way any cable I buy, I can just order one that fits the TF10.

I mean if I wanted to get some aftermarket cables, what type of cable would I need. I'm reshelling Audio Technica IM02 and I would prefer to not use that cable. From looking at the pictures in the thread, almost all of the reshells look like they use UE cables but I wasn't sure.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #2,825 of 3,191

I mean if I wanted to get some aftermarket cables, what type of cable would I need. I'm reshelling Audio Technica IM02 and I would prefer to not use that cable. From looking at the pictures in the thread, almost all of the reshells look like they use UE cables but I wasn't sure.

Just tell them to use TF10 sockets, just like me and you will have quite a lot of cable options. If those will not work, they will most likely be able to tell you which ones will. Once you know the sockets, buying cables is much easier. They also sell cables, so maybe use their sockets and cable combo.

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #2,827 of 3,191
  You can provide your own sockets. Some users have purchased the mmcx sockets because they don't like the two pin systems. Its up to you, we can use the stock sockets from your iems, you can purchase your own or we can provide our 2 pin sockets.

Do you have any recommendations on which/where to purchase the MMCX sockets?

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2,831 of 3,191
Got my remolded IM02 last week. Been enjoying them. The fit is pretty much perfect. 

I really like the cable. However I really hate memory part of the cable. I tried searching around, but the cables I found had memory wire or was expensive.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cable around $35 without a memory cable?

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #2,833 of 3,191
They won't unless it's changed.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #2,834 of 3,191
  Got my remolded IM02 last week. Been enjoying them. The fit is pretty much perfect. 

I really like the cable. However I really hate memory part of the cable. I tried searching around, but the cables I found had memory wire or was expensive.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cable around $35 without a memory cable?

They look very nice.  I'm expecting my each-ear-is-a-different-colour reshellings soon (i.e., now in the 4th week of their 3-4 week estimate), but didn't realize that the standard wiring was "memory" type - I'm curious what you don't like about it, if you don't mind.

- wader

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #2,835 of 3,191

They look very nice.  I'm expecting my each-ear-is-a-different-colour reshellings soon (i.e., now in the 4th week of their 3-4 week estimate), but didn't realize that the standard wiring was "memory" type - I'm curious what you don't like about it, if you don't mind.

- wader

I've never had good experiences with memory cables in general. I hate having to play around with cable to get it in a good shape every time. I may have some weird ears because the memory part doesn't feel secure behind my ears although it rarely falls off.

Phonak PFE 022 (and others in that range) has what I would consider an ideal cable. It rarely tangles and goes behind my ears with little effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back