InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #2,836 of 3,191
I am about to send in an IEM to be reshelled and I have a few questions.

With respect to the soft canal option, is there a substantial difference in comfort?  Will it negatively impact sound quality?

When it comes to the connectors, are there any brands that will have issues reusing the original connectors?  Can the recessed socket option cause the stock cable unusable?

Will the new shell have the same topology, e.g. bores, driver grouping per bore, et cetra, as the old shells?

With JH Audio IEMs with FreqPhase, will the FreqPhase setup be reproduced in the new shell?

If I send in two IEMs together, will I save on shipping costs for the return?

I appreciate any help with these questions.

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,837 of 3,191
  I am about to send in an IEM to be reshelled and I have a few questions.

With respect to the soft canal option, is there a substantial difference in comfort?  Will it negatively impact sound quality?

When it comes to the connectors, are there any brands that will have issues reusing the original connectors?  Can the recessed socket option cause the stock cable unusable?

Will the new shell have the same topology, e.g. bores, driver grouping per bore, et cetra, as the old shells?

With JH Audio IEMs with FreqPhase, will the FreqPhase setup be reproduced in the new shell?

If I send in two IEMs together, will I save on shipping costs for the return?

I appreciate any help with these questions.

Not sure if you have a Facebook account, but InEarz answers questions pretty fast if you send them a message through there. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #2,838 of 3,191
  After some emails with Kaysen and a phone call, I found a Westone-recommended audiologist who was local and who did seem to do a thorough job on the impressions (plus, she read through the Inearz requirements to ensure everything was done to meet their needs), then decided to order:

Hardware
Silicone, soft tips
Shallow depth
Recessed sockets

Colours
Sunshine Yellow inner shells
Solid White right faceplate
Solid Black left faceplate
Inearz "abstract" logo in Yellow
Graphite cord

And, mine just shipped - plus, they are on the company's Facebook page:

Very happy with their visual design and can't wait to try them when they arrive next week.

- wader

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #2,839 of 3,191
Quick question for those that have the Inearz re-shelled Carbon fiber faceplate...is it real (weaved) carbon fiber material that is used for the re-shell?

Also, someone mentioned requesting the faceplates to have a more "domed" look, can someone please explain if there is any advantage to this at all?

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2,840 of 3,191
It is real carbon fiber that is used with the carbon fiber faceplate option.  The "domed" look some customers have requested is for pure aesthetics as far as I know.  Some customers like the look as opposed to the more flat faceplates.

Hope this helped

-Matthew

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #2,841 of 3,191
Anyone have pictures of their InEarz inside of their ears?????? 

i'm just hoping problems like this are gone. i know it's been a while. it's been about 3-4 years..but i just wanna make sure!!!!

Quote:
Got my Remolded 1964 T today so Excited.
However The Right ear seems to be bigger than my left.
Should I get them re-done again or just ignore it.
But the fit on both ear is amazing.
Right

right again from diff angle

Left

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #2,844 of 3,191
I've fallen asleep with them in and woke up hours later they are very comfortable

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #2,845 of 3,191
  ever lie down? ear against the pillow? how's that like? comfortable to accidently fall asleep with? and when was that remold done? thx for sharing btw!!! PLEASE SHARE MORE

I do not sleep with mine in, it was done in 2013 I think. Its been redone just for a new look last year.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #2,847 of 3,191
  Anyone have pictures of their InEarz inside of their ears?????? 

i'm just hoping problems like this are gone. i know it's been a while. it's been about 3-4 years..but i just wanna make sure!!!!

I bought a pair of their 8 driver monitors and they did this. At first, I thought it was because there were so many drivers, but upon closer inspection, there was plenty of space inside the shell that could have been omitted to make the faceplate more flush with the ear. (I also hated the sound of the IE8)

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #2,849 of 3,191
Trying on my new reshells (i.e., see a handful of posts earlier), and they stick out only slightly relative to how much clearance is needed in the front for the cable connector, from what I can see.  I like how they first go in fine but stick out oddly, then you push them in at the top for a snug fit.

(Sorry, I have hairy ears 
frown.gif
- they are usually covered by my hair or headphones
beyersmile.png
)

- wader

Users who are viewing this thread

Back