InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 4, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #2,851 of 3,191
Looks great man!

Hey, thanks - on the (further) plus end, everything that's characteristic about UM2s really comes out in their new housings . . . InEarZ did a nice job translating the dual drivers into their new shells.  Mids are still reliably forward and have an almost stunning presence as usual, while nothing across its overall range is ever "off", "weak" or harsh in comparison to how the other frequencies are handled.  Subtle details are just as evident in the music as ever, e.g., individual strings in one channel, a subtle hi-hat behind a torch singer, etc.  It's as if you're there but still offers a nonthreatening sound at the same time; although I realize other IEMs have more defined bass + treble (which has gained some detail in this reshell, IMHO), the UM2 nature remains a comfortable experience for me in day-to-day.

For those possibly wondering: the soft tips seem comfortable (though, my left ear - the one with nerve problems - might need the slightest shave in terms of diameter, which has nothing to do with the choice of material) and the shallow depth does not make these feel as if they will fall out on their own at all (i.e., they are anchored in well to my ear shapes).

- wader

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #2,852 of 3,191
hey guys :) I noticed some comments about the back of the iems sticking out...
The ear shape does play into the shell shape. We do strive to make them as flush as possible.
Also placement of the socket determines how flush they can be, recessed sockets require more room... etc, the list goes on.

Just wanted you to know that we have changed the process completely from 3 years ago.

At least they aren't as bad as this lol

I wasn't aware of mistertomlinson's issues for fit, I just know that you weren't happy with the sound sig. I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you. I hate that you had to get rid of them.
Maybe some day in the future we can win you back. :)

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #2,855 of 3,191
  Hey guys, I have joined the Inearz family, with the IE-P350, I would like to say that they are a great company, great communication throughout the process, and I am lucky to get a perfect fit first time round.

I will update with impressions on the sound, but so far I love them. Balanced sound but more towards the smooth and slightly warm end. Top end sparkle is lacking a little, but the lows are full and extend nice and low, with the mids being clean and crisp with no fatigue or sibilance.

how long was your wait time?

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,856 of 3,191
How long did it take you guys to get an email/paypal invoice for payment from Inearz? My impressions/ciems were received by them a week ago and I still haven't heard any info at all about paying for the reshell service...kinda worried since they stated a 4-week wait period from time of payment.

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,857 of 3,191
  How long did it take you guys to get an email/paypal invoice for payment from Inearz? My impressions/ciems were received by them a week ago and I still haven't heard any info at all about paying for the reshell service...kinda worried since they stated a 4-week wait period from time of payment.

No - that's wrong. They call for payment when the IEM is completed....

So no worries - you're in the queue 
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #2,859 of 3,191

No - that's wrong. They call for payment when the IEM is completed....

So no worries - you're in the queue 
biggrin.gif

Sorry to correct this post, but I was billed after they received my silicone molds and evaluated the costs for my list of options - after payment, the 4 week wait began.

- ooofest

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2,860 of 3,191
Hey guys,

I will clarify the payments. If you select Paypal, I will make an invoice on the day I receive or process your order before it goes to the lab.
You don't have to pay immediately, but it is recommended to pay as soon as possible so that there are no hold ups for shipping.
If you select CC payment I will call and get the payment info upon receipt.

So If you haven't received anything from me, I may have misspelled your email address on the paypal invoice. Please email me directly.

K

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #2,861 of 3,191
Hey guys,

I will clarify the payments. If you select Paypal, I will make an invoice on the day I receive or process your order before it goes to the lab.
You don't have to pay immediately, but it is recommended to pay as soon as possible so that there are no hold ups for shipping.
If you select CC payment I will call and get the payment info upon receipt.

So If you haven't received anything from me, I may have misspelled your email address on the paypal invoice. Please email me directly.

K

Hi! Jw if u received my order today?
Victor lim the miracles?

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #2,865 of 3,191
Would the remolded CIEMs sound the same as the non-remolded CIEMs?  I mean that would they sound like the one from the original manufacturers?  Is it better to go with the original company's remold service or with inearz?  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back