InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #946 of 3,191
Humm, kinda odd people say that it takes them under 4 weeks to finish them but today would mark the 4th week. No call yet :frowning2: 

@those that bought the UE cable, how long did it take them to ship it out? I have been waiting for a shipping # and i haven't gotten one yet, it has been like 2 weeks.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #947 of 3,191
They never sent me a tracking number, just got a weird thank you email for ordering a new set of customs (which I didnt). But I got mine in about 4 days. But I think they ship from CA and Im in NV and I ordered a post 9/2010 maybe pres are backordered?

Quote:
@those that bought the UE cable, how long did it take them to ship it out? I have been waiting for a shipping # and i haven't gotten one yet, it has been like 2 weeks.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #948 of 3,191
It took me almost exactly 4 weeks from the date they received my impressions to the date I had the reshells in my hands. It's possible that they're more busy now, so they may not have completed yours yet. After they received my impressions, I actually called in and gave them my credit card number to keep on file so they can just charge my card when they're finished. That could have POSSIBLY sped up the process a little bit, but I'm not sure.

As for the UE cable, after I ordered it, it took about a week to process and get a tracking number, then took a few days to arrive to my doorstep. If I remember correctly, I believe the entire process took around two weeks to receive the cable from the time of ordering. It seems sort of odd, because really, why would it take a week to put a cable in a bubble mailer and ship it out, right? lol. 

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Humm, kinda odd people say that it takes them under 4 weeks to finish them but today would mark the 4th week. No call yet :frowning2: 

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #949 of 3,191
Quote:
As for the UE cable, after I ordered it, it took about a week to process and get a tracking number, then took a few days to arrive to my doorstep. If I remember correctly, I believe the entire process took around two weeks to receive the cable from the time of ordering. It seems sort of odd, because really, why would it take a week to put a cable in a bubble mailer and ship it out, right? lol. 

Hope this helps!

It's kind of weird, I got an email with a video telling me about how I made a good choice going with UE custom IEMs about 4 days ago. Since then I haven't received a tracking number, and it's been 12 days since I made the order.

Oh, and my impressions were delivered to InEarZ a few days ago -- I'm guessing Inearz doesn't call or email you to tell them that they received them, but instead they tell you when they're finished with them, right? Just wondering what to expect from this point…

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #950 of 3,191
They'll call you when it's ready to ship, and for payment info

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #951 of 3,191

Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps!

It's kind of weird, I got an email with a video telling me about how I made a good choice going with UE custom IEMs about 4 days ago. Since then I haven't received a tracking number, and it's been 12 days since I made the order.

Oh, and my impressions were delivered to InEarZ a few days ago -- I'm guessing Inearz doesn't call or email you to tell them that they received them, but instead they tell you when they're finished with them, right? Just wondering what to expect from this point…

Yeah, I got the email with the video also. Just wait a little bit after that and you'll receive a tracking number directly from UPS... At least I did.

For InEarz, they wont contact you when they receive them. That's why it's good to just have a tracking number. They'll only contact you when they're completed.

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #952 of 3,191
all this talk about them calling you when they receive them reminds me of a funny (well kind of maybe) story of when I sent my TF10 in.  They did call me when they received them. Kaysen did personally. She was asking why I sent impressions and no TF10.  I said that I did send the TF10 along with the impressions rolled in a small ziplock and taped shut. I got a call back later that day that she found them in the dumpster. What a relief that was. I was literally sitting at work that day sick to my stomach. Kind of makes me think about always calling and making sure it all made it to them safe, at least before garbage day lol.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #953 of 3,191
Good thing that worked out for you. Otherwise I'd wonder if she'd have owned up to it and replaced them for you. Otherwise that would have been a real ugly situation.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #954 of 3,191
Man thats scary, probably equally as scary for them once they found them in the rubbish bin lol.

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #955 of 3,191
your darn right lol.... doesn't happen often, but the girl who was opening the package didn't go through all of the material and just threw then away... UGH!!!!

We def. would have owned up and made a custom set of our own, refunded his money that he lost, or bought him a new set and customized them for him. We have had to do that before. And I guarantee, the last thing we want is for anyone to be unhappy with us.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #957 of 3,191
Hi all,

I'm new to head-fi and found these forums a few months back. Haven't really gotten around to making an account since I'm just barely starting into the audiophile world with some reshelled TF10s by Fisher! I thought I'd update you guys with some info that Kaysen sent me when I inquired about my reshells:

I sent Kaysen an email asking about how my customs were doing, as they received them on 1/30. Kaysen was very quick to reply and let me know that they are working very hard on them. Unfortunately, they have had some issues with their employees who weren't coming in on time. Kaysen told me that "workers didn’t want to come in on time and once confronted asked us 'what the big deal was about 30 minutes?' " I don't know about you guys, but that was very appalling to me. I was very glad that Kaysen was upfront about this. Even though I'm pretty much right on the 4 week mark, I don't mind having them take a little while longer, knowing that they are in trust-worthy hands.

Just an update for those of you who are also waiting on your reshells. They are working super hard on them, but they have TONS to do!

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #958 of 3,191
Time to find some new employees lol

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #959 of 3,191

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm new to head-fi and found these forums a few months back. Haven't really gotten around to making an account since I'm just barely starting into the audiophile world with some reshelled TF10s by Fisher! I thought I'd update you guys with some info that Kaysen sent me when I inquired about my reshells:
Just an update for those of you who are also waiting on your reshells. They are working super hard on them, but they have TONS to do!

Yes, I figured they would be working hard - they must have a huge backlog of IEM's following the BF deals.

BTW, my 2 cents, you might want to go easy on posting certain information provided to you in a personal email, unless the correspondent gives the OK.  I think this is just proper etiquette.

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #960 of 3,191

Quote:

Yes, I figured they would be working hard - they must have a huge backlog of IEM's following the BF deals.

BTW, my 2 cents, you might want to go easy on posting certain information provided to you in a personal email, unless the correspondent gives the OK.  I think this is just proper etiquette.

Sorry, I didn't mean to state the obvious. By working hard, I meant to share that it might take close to or longer than the quoted 4-weeks to get back to us due to volume and now, staff changes. It wasn't explicitly stated, and another user said he/she received them just under a month. 

Also, thanks for the heads-up. Yeah, Kaysen gave me the okay to let the rest of you guys know how they are doing. I didn't even ask about anything that involved "WHEN ARE MY RESHELLS GETTING HERE". My email was just checking about the build (I requested recessed, but changed my mind). But I appreciate you for not blasting me away for being inconsiderate 
rolleyes.gif

What a wonderful community 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Time to find some new employees lol

Yes, they did find new people haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back