InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #963 of 3,191
Oh, just in case I didnt say so in my post, In no way am I, nor have I ever been unhappy with Fisher or Kaysen. They were very good with me on all my orders. I kinda feel bad about letting the cat out of the bag so to speak. Sometimes you just want to tell a funny story.

Also, I had no doubt that I would have been taken care of and during the conversation we had she never at any time made it sound like it was anybody's mistake but their own. I was a little scared they might not believe me that I packed them but that never seemed in question. Fisher kicks major butt in my book and anytime I need that type of service I would go to them.

Gotta admit though, after reading that I would have got a set of their customs to replace mine I kinda wish they had got lost lol.

Fisher has in the past given me free overnight shipping and a free replacement cable for their first gen cable that kinda stunk. Couldn't ask for more out of a company.

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #964 of 3,191
Sort of off-topic but I did get my UE cable in today. It took 14 days since I placed the order to arrive at my door…

However I tried plugging it into my iPhone with the case on, an Element Vapor Pro, and of course… it doesn't fit -_-. I'm thinking of either just trimming the terminal plastic with a knife to get some clearance, getting one of these: http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-iEA15BLK-3rd-Party-Headphone-VoiceOver/dp/B002RL9WDQ

or get a FiiO E1 and DIY shorten the cable. (I think PANGES had a similar issue?) It would kinda help because my current iPhone themes don't allow for ipod controls on the lockscreen, so this seems like a decent workaround, albeit a lot of work around… if anyone has better ideas/suggestions send me a PM, I don't want to de-rail the thread too much. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #965 of 3,191
i say go with the adapter you liked to, since that case does look pretty nice to cut into. Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone and get an amp ?

Quote:
Sort of off-topic but I did get my UE cable in today. It took 14 days since I placed the order to arrive at my door…

However I tried plugging it into my iPhone with the case on, an Element Vapor Pro, and of course… it doesn't fit -_-. I'm thinking of either just trimming the terminal plastic with a knife to get some clearance, getting one of these: http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-iEA15BLK-3rd-Party-Headphone-VoiceOver/dp/B002RL9WDQ

or get a FiiO E1 and DIY shorten the cable. (I think PANGES had a similar issue?) It would kinda help because my current iPhone themes don't allow for ipod controls on the lockscreen, so this seems like a decent workaround, albeit a lot of work around… if anyone has better ideas/suggestions send me a PM, I don't want to de-rail the thread too much. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #966 of 3,191

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder if just getting a really short extension cable terminating in a straight plug instead of the L-shaped jack on the UE cable would mate better with your iPhone. No soldering, but it would be one more connection to cause some degradation of signal to your ears.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #967 of 3,191
oh, i didn't mean I'd cut into the case, I meant I'd cut the plastic around the 3.5mm jack of the UE cable. i'm a bit hesitant to do this but it is the simplest fix. I stilI have a FiiO E7 and LOD, but I'd rather keep my phone rig as portable as possible. The FiiO E1 would act as an LOD -> amp + ipod control, the problem is that it's really long. I might just find an extra cable, a clear one, that works with UE custom pins. then i'd just use actuator (jailbreak tweak thing) to change my ipod controls. any suggestions for a clear 48" cable with a slimmer terminal? 

edit: @half decaf -- yeah, that's kinda what the iLuv adapter would accomplish, but reviews seem to suggest its durability is iffy. the whole reason i have to reshell is because my cables gave out @_@

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #968 of 3,191
Hey. By themes... do you mean winterboard (jailbroken) themes? If so, there's an applet thing you can download that can allow you to pull up the music controls while in the lock screen. Let me see if I can find out which one it was. It was called something "pop."

As far as the E1 goes, depending on what phones you're using with it, you might not like it. The E1 seems to make the sound a bit dark/warm for my taste. I just keep it around, because it is kind of nice having something to control the music without having to pull the ipod out. It would be nice if the E1 were shortened though (I've still yet to do this!)

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #969 of 3,191

Quote:
oh, i didn't mean I'd cut into the case, I meant I'd cut the plastic around the 3.5mm jack of the UE cable. i'm a bit hesitant to do this but it is the simplest fix. I stilI have a FiiO E7 and LOD, but I'd rather keep my phone rig as portable as possible. The FiiO E1 would act as an LOD -> amp + ipod control, the problem is that it's really long. I might just find an extra cable, a clear one, that works with UE custom pins. then i'd just use actuator (jailbreak tweak thing) to change my ipod controls. any suggestions for a clear 48" cable with a slimmer terminal? 

edit: @half decaf -- yeah, that's kinda what the iLuv adapter would accomplish, but reviews seem to suggest its durability is iffy. the whole reason i have to reshell is because my cables gave out @_@

Oh, OK.  I didn't understand what you meant by "and DIY shorten the cable". Thanks.

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #975 of 3,191
I wish Fisher remolded the Ety ER4S.  I'm thinking about getting a Westone 3 done..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back