InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #976 of 3,191
Earlier in this thread are one or more postings of persons who had their ER4P's remolded. Here is one of them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/30#post_6311896

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #977 of 3,191
Dont tell me that!  I just passed up a good deal on an ER4S! 
cool.gif

Quote:
Earlier in this thread are one or more postings of persons who had their ER4P's remolded. Here is one of them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread/30#post_6311896

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #979 of 3,191

Quote:
What happened to posting pictures of your remolds!?  I barely send in a pair of Tf10 on Monday, so it'll be awhile till I get them...
in the mean time, I would love to see more pics!!!

Yeah slackers, where are some pics. My fingers are crossed, next Wed the 7th is my 4 week mark. Hoping that phone call comes.

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #981 of 3,191

Quote:
Yeah slackers, where are some pics. My fingers are crossed, next Wed the 7th is my 4 week mark. Hoping that phone call comes.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They got mine on 1/29, so on Monday it will have been 5 weeks :frowning2:. I know it's unlikely but I'm praying that I won't have to get a refit. Its been so hard without any IEMs. I let my gf borrow my other pair for studying :frowning2:.

I'm hoping to get mine this week, and I'll definitely get some pics up when they come!

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #986 of 3,191

Quote:
wowww, and you're getting one reshelled? I'd be interested in hearing how you compare the reshell with the original. I wanted to compare, but I am not fortunate enough to have spare TF10s lying around :wink:.

last night I was able to compare the two side by side, one with the stock cable and one with UE custom cable(pre 09/01/10). I have read countless threads, and I think all agree that it's a tight fit and not meant for Tf10, but curiosity got the best of me and decided to go ahead and try anyway.
1. First of all, for those who have a hard time removing/attaching any cable connected to the Tf10, I have found out that you should do it at a slight angle. I myself have had a hard time doing this in the past, not to mention people using pliers or some breaking the pins inside the connector.
eek.gif

2. I did cut the pins on the ue custom cable for a better/flush fit.
3. As for the sound, I used my Rocoo P dap connected to my Pyle phE7ab (aka Fiio E7) since it has two side by side headphone jacks, and to my ears they sounded exactly the same.
...Same sound, same volume...For some reason I was expecting for the sound quality to drop a bit (must of read it in another thread) with the ue custom cable, but no such thing
normal_smile .gif

I guess it's comforting to know that the cable I will be using with my reshelled Tf10(ue custom cable) should not change the sound of the Tf10(at least not the cable)

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #987 of 3,191

Quote:
I called them the other day  right at 4 weeks and they said a 3 -5 day delay

Darn. Mine is looking like at minimum 6 business days. It arrived on a Monday and this Monday will be the start of week 5. But hey, I'm not complaining if I get a call from Kaysen/Kim on Monday 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
last night I was able to compare the two side by side, one with the stock cable and one with UE custom cable(pre 09/01/10). I have read countless threads, and I think all agree that it's a tight fit and not meant for Tf10, but curiosity got the best of me and decided to go ahead and try anyway.
1. First of all, for those who have a hard time removing/attaching any cable connected to the Tf10, I have found out that you should do it at a slight angle. I myself have had a hard time doing this in the past, not to mention people using pliers or some breaking the pins inside the connector.
eek.gif

2. I did cut the pins on the ue custom cable for a better/flush fit.
3. As for the sound, I used my Rocoo P dap connected to my Pyle phE7ab (aka Fiio E7) since it has two side by side headphone jacks, and to my ears they sounded exactly the same.
...Same sound, same volume...For some reason I was expecting for the sound quality to drop a bit (must of read it in another thread) with the ue custom cable, but no such thing
normal_smile%20.gif

I guess it's comforting to know that the cable I will be using with my reshelled Tf10(ue custom cable) should not change the sound of the Tf10(at least not the cable)

So you would say that the Fisher reshells matches the original TF10 sound pretty closely? I know average_joe did a review with Kozee's reshell and I also understand that it is probably going to be different for everyone, but I'm still curious. 

I actually got a chris_himself cable. I'm trying to decide whether I should get one of the Fisher cables as well. From what I've read, I think they are both terminated like the Westone's?  Is a back-up cable worth it?

edit: I think you might have just slipped a sound comparison in there... but were you comparing the cables or the reshell vs. original 
confused.gif
?

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #988 of 3,191

Quote:

Darn. Mine is looking like at minimum 6 business days. It arrived on a Monday and this Monday will be the start of week 5. But hey, I'm not complaining if I get a call from Kaysen/Kim on Monday 
rolleyes.gif

So you would say that the Fisher reshells matches the original TF10 sound pretty closely? I know average_joe did a review with Kozee's reshell and I also understand that it is probably going to be different for everyone, but I'm still curious. I actually got a chris_himself cable. I'm trying to decide whether I should get one of the Fisher cables as well. From what I've read, I think they are both terminated like the Westone's?  Is a back-up cable worth it?

I would not spend extra money if you already have a quality cable. I sent them my FiiO cable to be used with the reshell, so they will also use the TF10 sockets. Did you send your cable also?

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #989 of 3,191

Quote:

rolleyes.gif

So you would say that the Fisher reshells matches the original TF10 sound pretty closely? I know average_joe did a review with Kozee's reshell and I also understand that it is probably going to be different for everyone, but I'm still curious. I actually got a chris_himself cable. I'm trying to decide whether I should get one of the Fisher cables as well. From what I've read, I think they are both terminated like the Westone's?  Is a back-up cable worth it?

sorry for the confusion, I meant to say that I compared two stock tf10 with different cables, I barely sent in a third pair of tf10 on Monday to be reshelled.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #990 of 3,191

Quote:
I would not spend extra money if you already have a quality cable. I sent them my FiiO cable to be used with the reshell, so they will also use the TF10 sockets. Did you send your cable also?

No I didn't. I actually ordered the chris_himself one afterwards. But I told them to make the sockets to the specs of their Fisher cable (I told this to chris as well who said it wasn't going to be a problem). I hope I didn't get anything mixed up 
blink.gif
. Can anyone confirm the Fisher cables terminate the same as the Westone's? If not, I'll just send Kaysen an email and ask. She's been very helpful so far, but unfortunately they don't answer emails on Sundays.

Edit-

Quote:
The westone cable is the same as the fisher cable unless something has changed in say the last six months. Im not totally up to date. Ive had the UE custom, Westone and Fisher cable on my two sets of customs.

This was a post from Oct 2011, so I think it's okay. FYI for anyone else out there who was wondering about the Fisher cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back