InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #916 of 3,191

Quote:
Looks like we've got twins :) Can't wait.

yeah i can't wait either.  hope it came out the way i pictured it in my head

Quote:
So you decided to make me hate you even more? I have to listen to my Image S4, BUT, with the Comply tips they are worlds better. You kids better post pictures, or we will shun you from head-fi.

pictures will definitely be posted.  My wait was just as promised with the 4 week turn around time.  Arrived there the 16th and got my call the 16th.  I opted to not add a logo though so I am not sure how much additional time it takes for the logo.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #917 of 3,191

Quote:

yeah i can't wait either.  hope it came out the way i pictured it in my head

pictures will definitely be posted.  My wait was just as promised with the 4 week turn around time.  Arrived there the 16th and got my call the 16th.  I opted to not add a logo though so I am not sure how much additional time it takes for the logo.

They received mine on Feb 8th, so I am guessing 3 more weeks.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #919 of 3,191
Hey guys just got back from the audiologist (Parker Hearing Institute in Torrance, CA.) Got charged $60 for impressions in both ears but I think they came out really nicely:

The audiologist didn't give me a bite block so I just bit on 2 fingers, and when inserting the cotton dam she told me it will stimulate my vagus nerve and it might make we want to cough. I replied, "…or cry."

So before I shipped these out I gave Kaysen a call and asked a few questions, hopefully this information could be useful to others.

Q. Can I ship the order form, IEMs to be remolded, and my impressions in the box my impressions came in?
A. Yes

Q. Is it okay if I am remolding SE530s which don't have a detachable cable and I want to use the UE Custom (Pre 9/10) cables, but don't include them in the box?
A. Yes, just note on the order form that you want to use those cables.

Q. Is there an additional cost for dual-bore remolds?
A. No, there isn't an additional cost but for universal IEMs like the SE530, we recommend going single-bore to maintain the stock configuration to retain the closest sound signature. (so i changed my order form back to single bore)

Q. Is the head-fi.org group buy pricing still in effect?
A. Yes, just have something postmarked by 2/29/12.

Cheers everyone, thanks for the help thus far.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #920 of 3,191
I had bad experience with inearz. They just didn't want to ship internationally for the cheaper price, and asked 60$. That is way too much. A member from USA shipped TF10 for 13.95$  which weights alot more & is bigger. I don't know why they are acting so bad with international customers. Well, that's their decision.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #921 of 3,191
Well, it goes both ways.  That's about the cost UM and Heir Audio charges for shipping to the USA.  Also, I'm sure the $13.95 did not include tracking and insurance.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #922 of 3,191

Quote:
Hey guys just got back from the audiologist (Parker Hearing Institute in Torrance, CA.) Got charged $60 for impressions in both ears but I think they came out really nicely:

The audiologist didn't give me a bite block so I just bit on 2 fingers, and when inserting the cotton dam she told me it will stimulate my vagus nerve and it might make we want to cough. I replied, "…or cry."

So before I shipped these out I gave Kaysen a call and asked a few questions, hopefully this information could be useful to others.

Q. Can I ship the order form, IEMs to be remolded, and my impressions in the box my impressions came in?
A. Yes

Q. Is it okay if I am remolding SE530s which don't have a detachable cable and I want to use the UE Custom (Pre 9/10) cables, but don't include them in the box?
A. Yes, just note on the order form that you want to use those cables.

Q. Is there an additional cost for dual-bore remolds?
A. No, there isn't an additional cost but for universal IEMs like the SE530, we recommend going single-bore to maintain the stock configuration to retain the closest sound signature. (so i changed my order form back to single bore)

Q. Is the head-fi.org group buy pricing still in effect?
A. Yes, just have something postmarked by 2/29/12.

Cheers everyone, thanks for the help thus far.

Well done my friend, thanks for the info.
beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #923 of 3,191

Quote:
Well, it goes both ways.  That's about the cost UM and Heir Audio charges for shipping to the USA.  Also, I'm sure the $13.95 did not include tracking and insurance.

I don't need tracking & insurance. Or they are only thinking what is best for them, not for them customers? Nevermind, I already shipped my TF10 back for a replacement. Hope that Logitech will get their stocking soon.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #924 of 3,191
I tried asking Fisher if they would add drivers to my UM customs and I thought the price was good. But then I found Kaysen to be somewhat rude during the replies towards me... I was not impressed so i'm going to do it with UM again later in the year... Don't get me wrong here, just a bad first time experience with Fisher...

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #925 of 3,191
Quote:
I had bad experience with inearz. They just didn't want to ship internationally for the cheaper price, and asked 60$. That is way too much. A member from USA shipped TF10 for 13.95$  which weights alot more & is bigger. I don't know why they are acting so bad with international customers. Well, that's their decision.

They are doing nothing wrong. No one in the right mind would send something overseas without tracking. When it does get lost they don't want to be held with the ones liable and have to replace the IEMs.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #926 of 3,191

Quote:
I tried asking Fisher if they would add drivers to my UM customs and I thought the price was good. But then I found Kaysen to be somewhat rude during the replies towards me... I was not impressed so i'm going to do it with UM again later in the year... Don't get me wrong here, just a bad first time experience with Fisher...

For what it's worth, I found Kaysen's emails to seem borderline rude; however, I think it's just her straight-to-the-point sort of style of writing e-mails. Whenever I called in and spoke with her, she was rather helpful. I would give her a call and see if you change your mind. 

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #927 of 3,191
For what it's worth, I found Kaysen's emails to seem borderline rude; however, I think it's just her straight-to-the-point sort of style of writing e-mails. Whenever I called in and spoke with her, she was rather helpful. I would give her a call and see if you change your mind. 

Haha it's okay, I actually want to do it from Unique Melody because they might add in a dynamic driver, which Fisher doesn't do.

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #928 of 3,191

Quote:

Shipping within the US is much cheaper than shipping to and from the US from a different country.  I purchased some items from Belgium and it cost 90 euros to ship a 6 kg package to me here in California. 

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #929 of 3,191

Quote:
They are doing nothing wrong. No one in the right mind would send something overseas without tracking. When it does get lost they don't want to be held with the ones liable and have to replace the IEMs.

I have been purchasing things from overseas for ages and just 1-2 items from Hong-kong got lost. From USA never. Okay, let's stop this offtopic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back