InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #901 of 3,191

Quote:
how long does UE custom clear cable (pre-9/1/2010) take to arrive? I ordered one yesterday(i'm in Texas) and have a audiologist app. on Thursday...$25 for both ear impressions
popcorn.gif

Mine actually took a couple of weeks, but don't worry, if you haven't even sent your impressions in yet, you'll receive the cables back before you receive the IEM's.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #902 of 3,191
Sorry if I'm mistaken (it's been a while since I've been on head-fi and am out of the loop…) but I was under the impression that InEarZ needed the cable you were going to use if you weren't going to use their cables to make your molds? 

I'm hoping to send in my SE530s with cable issues and have InEarZ use the pre9/10 UE Custom cables on them. I ordered the cables yesterday but haven't received shipping info, and emailed Kaysen this past Saturday but haven't gotten a response yet. I'll wait a little longer before I ring them up.

About the head-fi group buy: If it ends Feb 29, does that mean my order needs to be completed by Feb 29 to get the discount pricing or as long as I start the order process before then they'd honor the pricing? I'll double check with Kaysen if she gets back to me, but in the mean time, thanks in advance…

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #903 of 3,191

Quote:
Sorry if I'm mistaken (it's been a while since I've been on head-fi and am out of the loop…) but I was under the impression that InEarZ needed the cable you were going to use if you weren't going to use their cables to make your molds? 

I'm hoping to send in my SE530s with cable issues and have InEarZ use the pre9/10 UE Custom cables on them. I ordered the cables yesterday but haven't received shipping info, and emailed Kaysen this past Saturday but haven't gotten a response yet. I'll wait a little longer before I ring them up.

About the head-fi group buy: If it ends Feb 29, does that mean my order needs to be completed by Feb 29 to get the discount pricing or as long as I start the order process before then they'd honor the pricing? I'll double check with Kaysen if she gets back to me, but in the mean time, thanks in advance…

I sent my FiiO cable along with the TF10 just to make sure they get it right. They are using the TF10 socket so there wont be an issue using the FiiO.

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #904 of 3,191

Quote:

When I sent in my TF10's, I just noted on the sheet that i'm going to be using a UE cable, and it was good enough. I believe their's and the UE cable uses the same connector. I would check with them first before just to make sure though. 

Also, don't bother e-mailing. Just call. Whenever I e-mail, I usually wont receive a response until 3 days - 1 week later, but if you call, you can always get a hold of kaysen. Just keep in mind that they're in FL, so there's a time diff for us in CA.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #906 of 3,191
I called earlier today. They just need something postmarked by the 29th, so as long as you mention the head fi group buy on your form and mail it in by the end of the month you should be okay.

Quote:

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #907 of 3,191

Quote:
So, did you get a response to your question you posted earlier? I am interested in the answer, too. Are the Fisher cables and the UE pre-2010 cables interchangeable? I recall reading that some of the aftermarket cables have larger diameter pins - that may have been the Westone cable that was identified as having bigger pins, tho, not the UE custom cables...

I emailed them and they never answered.  However I read thru this thread again and it appears that the UE cable is interchangeable.  To be sure, I plan on calling them tomorrow.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #908 of 3,191

Quote:
I emailed them and they never answered.  However I read thru this thread again and it appears that the UE cable is interchangeable.  To be sure, I plan on calling them tomorrow.

You can also call them by using the phone number on their website to talk directly with Kaysen.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #914 of 3,191

Quote:
Hey now lol I've waited over a month for this :wink:. Although I must be fair I do have some rather nice IEMs to tide me over during this long drought.

So you decided to make me hate you even more? I have to listen to my Image S4, BUT, with the Comply tips they are worlds better. You kids better post pictures, or we will shun you from head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back