InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #3,106 of 3,191
  I'm feeling a bit silly for having to ask this but, how do I order a replacement cable from the website? There doesn't appear to be any way to add it to the cart. I created a login thinking that must be why but it didn't work. I can look at the details but that's it. Am I missing something obvious?

I suspect the site is set up so that you place your order (CIEM or reshell) via the form from this page: https://www.inearz.com/how-to-order.  But that doesn't really help if you just want "parts". You can probably just email Kaysen Fisher <KAYSEN@fisherhearing.com>, tell her what you want, and she'll send you a PayPal invoice. That's how I've been paying for my reshells and CIEM. If you are paying by credit card, I thought I read somewhere that you can just call them and give them that info over the phone.

I would say vey little difference between any of the tips. TRUE fit vs STAR vs Shure olive with and without the ear wax guard all have far too much bass and far too little treble.

Instead of more tips or a reshell, I think it's time to give up on these and just send them off to someone who can appreciate them.

Yeah, there's a ton of second guessing and "interpolation" happening on my part here. It would suck to keep throwing money at something you should have let go a while ago. In my case I did it quite frankly because I had a botched MMCX job done; plus I figured that there was a decent chance that I'd get satisfactory sound out of these. That, and I kept my fingers crossed. Honestly, I'd love to have about 2-3db more treble out of the W4 customs. But I find that the roll-off is good in certain situations.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #3,107 of 3,191
...It would suck to keep throwing money at something you should have let go a while ago.

It's not just the $, but the time. Like I said before, I recently grabbed some Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohms with a FiiO A5 amp. I have no need to enable treble booster on the iPhone while listening to Apple Music with them.

Where the UM Pros blow my brains out with low end, the Beyers do not.
Where the UM Pros have hidden the high end, the Beyers do not.
Where the UM Pros have zero soundstage, the Beyers actually have one.

I need to just sell these things. I have no use for them.

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #3,108 of 3,191
  I'm feeling a bit silly for having to ask this but, how do I order a replacement cable from the website? There doesn't appear to be any way to add it to the cart. I created a login thinking that must be why but it didn't work. I can look at the details but that's it. Am I missing something obvious?

Hello, 

We are currently working on our websites shopping cart so online ordering is not available at this time.  If you need to order parts such as cables or accessories please call us at 1-844-855-EARZ toll free or email Kaysen at kaysen@fisherhearing.com for ordering information.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, I know it seems a bit confusing when on the website. 

May 6, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #3,109 of 3,191
Quote:

These are the Olives I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PN3W6 They look similar with the exception of the wax guard. So I would imagine they would have the same effect (minus the wax guard), assuming all other things being equal. What might not be equal is what the tips do once they’re inserted into your ears. Perhaps in your case despite the wider opening of the Shure tips they are still being pinched and muffling the sound. Do your Shure Olive tips make any difference at all when compared to the Westone tips?

I also have the SpinFits. Oddly I don’t really remember trying them on the W4s. But I went back to see how they affect the Pro30s and they do give you quite a bit more lower treble versus the stock silicons. For me they sound very close to the Olives- maybe even better. Do note again that the gains in treble from the reshell are not as drastic. So even if you got the SpinFits and liked them, don’t count on getting the same results with the reshell. The treble booster EQ (preset) on the iPhone is way more boost (and across a greater area) than what I’m experiencing here with these tips.

One interesting thing to note is the drivers on the reshell have a straight shot to the nozzle instead of the ~70 degree bend that the stock Westones have. The bore on the reshell looks to be about the same diameter as the stock nozzle.

Any idea where I can find the Olives without the wax guard?

May 15, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #3,110 of 3,191
Just thought I'd pop in and say 2 years down the line I still really enjoy the P350, sounds as good as when I got them, they may not be the flattest or most detailed CIEM, but they offer a fatigue free, coherent sound (Forza Audioworks Hybrid cable attached)

9943879.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_7916.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 28, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #3,113 of 3,191
Hi y'all
Looking to reshell my Triple Fi 10
Does InEarz still take mmcx request if I send in some connectors?
Thanks

Yes we do, just send them in with your reshell and mark it on your reshell order form under the cable section.

*Please be aware we do not warranty aftermarket or third party sockets if they break or are faulty.

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #3,114 of 3,191
Dec 6, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #3,116 of 3,191
The memeory that goes along my ear has snapped in two on the left side. Would it be advisable to remove it completely and use my ciem with the just the bare cable resting on my ears? If so what would be the best way to remove the plastic completely include the part that is inserted into the connectors.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #3,117 of 3,191
Jan 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3,118 of 3,191
Feb 5, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #3,119 of 3,191
So my P350 were nearly 3 years old and went back for a reshell, they really outdid themselves with the fit and design (the original design can be seen in my profile pic)

So happy with them!

IMG_20180205_124851-01.jpeg IMG_20180205_125008-02.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back