INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Jul 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #391 of 484
From his ebay page

Quote:
Returns and refunds will be granted after the first or second refit.

However with his track record , I doubt I (or anyone else) will have any success in getting him to make good on this.

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #392 of 484
Yeah, I know the policy is refund only after first refit, but I am honestly just sick and tired of dealing with this company. Their wait times are ridiculous. Will just take the loss. Maybe in the future I will send them off to inearz for a reshell. Luckily the TF10's were my spares (my primary monitors are SE535 LTDs). I agree with Komrade, good luck trying to get a replacement

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #393 of 484
from his fb page. I think it's a good idea. Send in your molds first and then he'll make the shells and after he finished the shells that's when you send in your earphones to complete the process.
https://www.facebook.com/InEarCustom/posts/478358495582731

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #394 of 484
It looks like, as of the most recent Facebook post, Rob is taking over customer service again.  Everything went to crap communication-wise when Dan took that over a couple months ago, so hopefully Rob can right the ship again.  Whatever I could say about the rest of the experience, communication at the beginning was good and it'd be nice to see that return and actually be maintained for the entire process for every customer.

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #395 of 484
Quote:
It looks like, as of the most recent Facebook post, Rob is taking over customer service again.  Everything went to crap communication-wise when Dan took that over a couple months ago, so hopefully Rob can right the ship again.  Whatever I could say about the rest of the experience, communication at the beginning was good and it'd be nice to see that return and actually be maintained for the entire process for every customer.

Call me skeptical, but hopefully I get a reply from him soon.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #396 of 484

+1.ive tried through ebay,customerservice email,sales email and now finally rob's email.still no response.utterly frustrated.at this point I don't care if it fits or not.i just want my iem back and if it doesn't fit.its off to inearz.im willing to take the loss.sigh..

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #397 of 484
Yup. The main factor in deciding to go with In Ear was because Rob was so responsive via email to answer my questions while other big companies were sometimes not so willing. Then yup, it all went to crap.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #398 of 484
Finally after 5 emails and 2 and a half months of waiting, i get a response from Rob:

"Hello Terence, sorry for the delay and the worries. Dan left so I am left here to catch up on the emails.

Your product was shipped last month on the 26th.  Here is your tracking number
LJ5123*****US

International shipping can take up to 4 weeks and in rare cases longer. I hope they get to you and are perfect. Thank you so much for your patience. Rob.  Also now that I am answering emails you will get a more prompt reply from me. Rob."

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #399 of 484
Well, I finally became so fed up with the lack of communication that I sent the following email:

To whom it may concern:

My name is Kurt Hertel, and my order number is above. My order was placed (and you've had my $ since)5/08/13. You have had my Westone UM2s and my impressions since 5/25/13. I have twice requested information regarding my order, and I am very dissatisfied with the responses (or lack thereof) that I've received. All I seem to be able to get from your company is platitudes and the run-around. I've been misled, if not outright lied to, and I am tired of it. Your website completely misrepresented the amount of time required for completion, and in response to me pointing that out I was given a time that passed weeks ago. I need to confirm that my impressions are usable, and I need to be given an estimate of when I will receive my order. If you think that that is too much to ask, or if you just don't want my business, please just return my UM2s and refund the $120 to my credit card. As I tried to tell whomever was responding to my concerns, quality of result is most important to me. However, your inability to give even an estimated completion date, or even communicate with your customers is unacceptable. I await your response.

Respectfully,

Kurt Hertel

To which he has now responded as follows:

Hello Kurt thank you so much for using such restraint. You obviously 
have every right to tear me a new one. This is Rob btw Dan is no longer 
answering emails.

You are in the batch I am finishing now.  This batch is everything from 
5/22 to 6/9.  I expect to have you finished before next friday.  I know 
this is not at all what the customer experience is supposed to be like. 
I have made a personal video explaining where I am at in the hopes that 
it will at least give you some confidence that I am not here to rip 
anyone off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxQFnrD4MZE

Thank you so much for you patience, I will have them done asap. Also you 
can chat with me live when im online at www.inearcustom.com

Thank you once again for your patience. Rob.

I'm rooting for the guy to succeed, as he is obviously very capable of creating a quality product. He does need to come up with a plan to track orders so that a customer can always be told where in the process their order is and what that means in terms of a delivery date. Anything less will maintain the current poor level of customer satisfaction, which is not good for his prospects. The end result will have to be pretty spectacular in order for me to ever recommend inearcustom to anyone, not to mention to consider sending my UM3Xs to him for reshelling, which was originally the plan. The experience so far has put him behind the eight-ball with me, when my expectations originally were very reasonable, and just some communication without the BS would've kept them there. I'll update when more info is available.

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #400 of 484
Quote:
However with his track record , I doubt I (or anyone else) will have any success in getting him to make good on this.

Quote:

I did receive email from Rob last night. He does say that he will replace my iems and refund my money. I am apprehensive about sending them back, but at this point what more do I have to lose ?

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #401 of 484
I received an email from Rob last night as well. My TF10's will be replaced but without refund. I am glad that he's back to answering emails. IMO, Dan did not seem to give a crap the times he's answered my emails, and even came off rude on some ocasions. If in ear custom is to succeed they need to keep Rob on communications and find a way to cut wait times

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #402 of 484
I received an email from Rob last night as well. My TF10's will be replaced but without refund. I am glad that he's back to answering emails. IMO, Dan did not seem to give a crap the times he's answered my emails, and even came off rude on some ocasions. If in ear custom is to succeed they need to keep Rob on communications and find a way to cut wait times

I think Dan has left inearcustoms.thats what I could understand from Rob's reply to me.please refer to the my post on some posts above.

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #403 of 484
I have had my custom TF10s back from Rob for over a week now. I have been wearing them at work for hours at a time each day and I have absolutely no complaints about their performance. I love them! I strongly believe that the customer service issues were caused by an unanticipated rush in business and having the wrong employee handling customer relations.

According to Rob, Dan is no longer there. Rob seems to be getting caught up on orders. I believe that service times will improve soon and Rob will be providing an great product at an excellent price.

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #404 of 484
Getting rid of Dan is definitely a step in the right direction, as was that video.  Hopefully someone else can step in who does a better job of customer relations, because honestly Rob isn't bad at that but he needs to be focusing on the IEMs themselves.

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #405 of 484
Quote:
Well thats unfourtunate.  Sorry for the delay in answering your email. Dan left and now I am catching up on all the emails. This is Rob.

Sorry for the issues.  Please ship the IEM's back to me and I will send you a replacement and also refund you completely.

Rob Reyna
321 N. Savary Ave.
Inverness, FL, 34453

Sorry again for the long waits and the poor fits with the IEMs, Rob.

Here is his chance to show he is serious. USPS tracking shows he received my IEMs today. I look forward to a timely resolution from him. I will update this thread as events unfold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back