INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Jul 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #376 of 484
Quote:
did you guys who received the earphones feel like there's a different sound signature? I feel like my triplefis are now more muddled and no longer has any bass at all. E-mailing Rob, not really sure if one of the drivers died or something.

Try the files from here first and see if you get any luck :-

http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833

Thanks

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #377 of 484
Just thought I'd give an update on my story. I originally sent my UE700's and impressions in last week of March, after discussing with Rob over email we decided to double up (two sets of UE700s) the drivers and add a damper to one set to increase base. Got him the second set I believe a week after that, so first week of April they had all the pieces.

I finally received my shells on 05/11/13, looked great. Both fit well, maybe a little play in the rit ear but pretty good. So, plug them in and the right shell is totally dead, changed cables and still dead. Left one had sound but horrible sound, like a cell phone speak with zero bass totally flat, kinda like when your cable isn't plugged in all the way to your audio source. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

Send them back the next Monday, email explaining in detail the problem and reply was that they can't tell me the problem untill they do some tests. Followed up with them a week later(specifically asking about both problems) about three days after the tracking confirmed delivery. Reply the next day say they received today (I knew that was wrong) and they will fix them up, not addressing what the problem is again. However, in this reply they asked what is the problem with the left shells sound, they "plugged it in and seems ok". Again had to explain in detail the problem, this was the first week of June.

Emailed again14 days later 06/20/13 for a follow up and no reply yet.

Another thing that makes me angry is if and when we get replys they all have the email string history deleted, no wonder they can't stay organized or don't know what you previously talked about. Stupid.

Just sharing my story I am hoping for a happy ending but fully expect to get them back with both sides having bad sound. I hope I am wrong.

So they came in yesterday and I have tested them throughout the day today. Issues with bad connections ( in the left and a dead shell in the right) seem to be fixed. They do sound great, same crystal clarity on the highs and mids I remember from the UE700s and I do feel the bass has improved slightly from the above mod I mentioned. It's definitely not drastic, in the end I still wish I had a little more bass but I didn't want to risk throwing a random bass driver in there and totally messing with the signature. All in all I am very happy with the sound and will rock these all day most days. This is the most important part of the whole thing, why I started with this.

Fit/seals are good in both ears. Damn near perfect in the left and the right may need a bit of plastic sanded down on the upper ear piece. Right now it can get painful after a few hours and that upper price has a pretty squared off shape to it, I believe that is the culprit. Seals are good though so sound isn't affected. Due to the experiences of others and myself I am afraid to send back to them to fix so am going to attempt to fix myself with a dremel, been waiting for an excuse to buy one for a while.

Finish. I'd rate them a 6 for finish. What I am happy with on the finish is the color (light blue) really nice translucent blue and the clarity of the plastic is clear where polished correctly and bubles are there but very few and certainly not noticeable. What I don't like is the polishing on these are very inconsistent and frankly not complete. You may not see in the pics but there are still sanding swirls on the face (part you see when in your ear) from not polishing completely and then the canal pieces are foggy because of the same lack of polishing but more so (see pics, that's not lack of lighting that's the canals dull appearance from bad polishing). Also the plastic directly surounding the female connection in each looks bad or overworked, very cloudy here. Finally I was supposed to get my original wires back (came back to me the first to round) which I sent them back with and they shipped them back with some other low grade UE cable (L connector and memory wires.) that looked used. The memory wires where mangled in crazy zig zag right angles, very odd. Ultimately not an issue because I immediately plugged in my cables from Plussound (very happy with them and customer service is stellar). Just another example of not desirable customer service and quality/attention to detail.

What's the verdict? Sounds great, fits well, fit and finish is lacking (will try to fix myself), customer service is a 5, would not use them again because of the lack of attention to detail (customer service wise and then finish).

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #378 of 484
Without wishing to knock them (never used them) cheap is cheap and you generally get what you pay for :) !

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #379 of 484
Can someone help me with my math ?
  1. Inearcustom remold : $119.99 + $12.99 shipping - $10 you supply impressions. Total = $122.98
  2. Inearz remold : $95.00 + $9.50 shipping, you supply impressions. Total = $104.50

How is it that everyone keeps talking about IEC being the cheapest ?

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #380 of 484
I chose to go with Inearcustom because at the time, in March, reviews on this thread only had great things to say about hire customer service, I got great communication and they updated their Facebook page regularly.

Obviously since then their satisfaction rating has plummeted. Glad we have forums like this, now we have a good sample of their work for people to base their decision on.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #381 of 484
Maybe all the problems reported here will have a salutary effect on their turnaround time and product quality by drastically slowing down the influx of new work? Travis, it sounds like the quality issues with your shells are a result of them being rushed; they sound kind of unfinished.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #382 of 484
Maybe all the problems reported here will have a salutary effect on their turnaround time and product quality by drastically slowing down the influx of new work? Travis, it sounds like the quality issues with your shells are a result of them being rushed; they sound kind of unfinished.

Yeah I think so too. They're not awefull just could use another 30 mins or so of polishing on each shell. I am going to try and do this myself with a dremel, I imagine it won't be too difficult. If I didn't have the corner giving me pain in the right upper I wouldn't even tough them.

I did forget to mention that when listening to music in the office outside noise was completely blocked out. Very happy with that.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #383 of 484
Quote:
Can someone help me with my math ?
  1. Inearcustom remold : $119.99 + $12.99 shipping - $10 you supply impressions. Total = $122.98
  2. Inearz remold : $95.00 + $9.50 shipping, you supply impressions. Total = $104.50

How is it that everyone keeps talking about IEC being the cheapest ?

Now that I have experience with both companies, Inearz have more options (custom faceplates, more colours, artwork option, and ability to add recessed sockets). However if your iems do not have removable cables, Inearz will charge you an additional $35. Inearcustom's price includes the removable cable. I can tell you I spent more money getting Inearz to remold my FS1 than with Inearcustom. The fit, quality and turn-around time is better with InEarz. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #384 of 484
Quote:

Now that I have experience with both companies, Inearz have more options (custom faceplates, more colours, artwork option, and ability to add recessed sockets). However if your iems do not have removable cables, Inearz will charge you an additional $35. Inearcustom's price includes the removable cable. I can tell you I spent more money getting Inearz to remold my FS1 than with Inearcustom. The fit, quality and turn-around time is better with InEarz. 

Thanks for the information. It looks like I am going to have to try Inearz if I want to get usable ciems. Today marks 5 days short of 3 months since I sent payment and impressions to Rob.

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #386 of 484
From inearcustom when I asked for re-shell:

"Yes we can do the r50's if you have your R50's already and just need us to
reshell them for you the price is 119.99 plus 40.00 for a shure style cable"

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #387 of 484
Quote:
From inearcustom when I asked for re-shell:

"Yes we can do the r50's if you have your R50's already and just need us to
reshell them for you the price is 119.99 plus 40.00 for a shure style cable"

Perhaps Rob is now charging for cables. When I had my reshell done with Inearcustoms I got the Shure sockets and cable for free. However when I sent them to InEarz I asked them to change them back to the 2 pin plugs and I was charged.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #388 of 484
Quote:
Thanks for the information. It looks like I am going to have to try Inearz if I want to get usable ciems. Today marks 5 days short of 3 months since I sent payment and impressions to Rob.

I feel you. my impressions reached them on the 1st of MAY and ive been waiting for 2 MONTHS since with no replies from either ROB/DAN. the reason i chose inearcustom over inearz was mainly the positive feedback from this thread about the customer service. truly and deeply disappointed. never to deal with them again. sorry for the rant guys. needed some place to vent it out.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #389 of 484
I'm with you guys on the customer service thing. Some of the worst I've seen. As some of you recall i had some fit issues. Havent heard an email back in almost 2 weeks. At this point i think i will just take the loss. Don't want to spend more money and time on a refit, and they will not replace IEMs. So basically my Triple Fi 10s are ruined, I paid $100 on reshell, 30 on professional audilogist impressions and about $40 in shipping charges. Email replies have been sparse during the whole time, would NOT give time estimate (mine took about 3 MONTHS), just overall a very crappy experience. Will not deal with them again. For those reading this thread and deciding, I'd say go with InEarz. I personally never dealt with them before, but I imagine it must be better than this

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #390 of 484
I'm with you guys on the customer service thing. Some of the worst I've seen. As some of you recall i had some fit issues. Havent heard an email back in almost 2 weeks. At this point i think i will just take the loss. Don't want to spend more money and time on a refit, and they will not replace IEMs. So basically my Triple Fi 10s are ruined, I paid $100 on reshell, 30 on professional audilogist impressions and about $40 in shipping charges. Email replies have been sparse during the whole time, would NOT give time estimate (mine took about 3 MONTHS), just overall a very crappy experience. Will not deal with them again. For those reading this thread and deciding, I'd say go with InEarz. I personally never dealt with them before, but I imagine it must be better than this

When I started mine Rob in March or April I believe the deal or warranty was that you get two rounds of refits and then if your still unhappy he will replace your original IEMs.

Is he not honoring that any longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back