INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Jun 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #361 of 484
Quote:

As a follow-up, someone from the company got in touch with me and asked me to send them back. I think it is an issue with a section pressing against ear cartilage so hopefully a simple fix?

Will post follow-up with additional info when available. 

Update on Saturday June 29, 2013. My IEMs were delivered today with the fit issue resolved. Testing it now.

It has been about 2 1/2 weeks since I shipped them back to Rob.

I am glad that the fit issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

I have not been impressed with their lack of communication. I heard from them once, twice at most, during that time. While I understand that it is a small business, I believe it is important to keep the customers happy, or at least informed of what is going on. I think people are willing to be patient if they are informed. I can pontificate about whether their business model makes sense, but numerous not-so-positive experience of Head-fiers - mostly with lack of communication and realistic turn-around time - points to some real issues with their business. 

I can recommend them with some strong caveats. One - you cannot be in a hurry. Two - don't expect frequent (minimal?) communications. If you can live with these, their price and quality seem to be fine.

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #362 of 484
I'm glad to see this post. Notwithstanding my frustration with their lack of communication and wildly inaccurate time estimates, It really is about product quality for me rather than timing. That said, soon maybe I'll forget I even ordered them, and when they arrive it'll be a pleasant surprise!

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #363 of 484
glad to see a few getting theirs done. Mine came back today and still do not fit. They are slightly better than the first time, but still not usable. Email has been sent, hopefully he is more responsive this time. I will update as events unfold.

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #370 of 484
Excellent! Mine are the same color and cable (SE-425 cable)

congrats !

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #371 of 484
i got mine too. my isolation isn't too good, it seems like the ear canal part isn't too tight. i'm definitely not sending it back and waiting for two more months. it's isolated enough with the music on, but it's more akin to if i just wore marshmellows. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #372 of 484
Got an e-mail from Rob where he mentions that he is working on the last batch and then he will catch up with current orders!

so the mentioned delays will be much less of an occurrence from now :)

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #373 of 484
Quote:
Got an e-mail from Rob where he mentions that he is working on the last batch and then he will catch up with current orders!

so the mentioned delays will be much less of an occurrence from now
smily_headphones1.gif

Would you ask him to start returning my emails ?

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #374 of 484
I've decided to take the opposite approach. Maybe if I don't try to contact him, he'll have more time to actually complete my order. When I have contacted him, he either lies to me or shines me on anyway, so what the hell.

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #375 of 484
did you guys who received the earphones feel like there's a different sound signature? I feel like my triplefis are now more muddled and no longer has any bass at all. E-mailing Rob, not really sure if one of the drivers died or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back