INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
May 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #211 of 484
Quote:
Has anyone received a reply in the past few days?

i did a couple - one from Rob himself and one from Dan. 

Rob is a hard man to reach due to his increased time in production. 

Mine have been shipped on 17th May! The wait starts

May 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #212 of 484
I just wish he would have been up front and honest about delivery times before I sent my IEMs in. I e-mailed him and asked all of the pertinent questions before shipping them off. I was lead to believe that 3 weeks would be enough time to get then done. Starting week #6 and now they are not even returning e-mails. Have not been able to catch anybody on the website chat either.

I bought a pair of Shure Se215s to get me through the gigs while I wait on these. He has probably cost himself orders for 4 more from the rest of my band. I sure hope the fit is right the first time when they finally do show up.

May 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #213 of 484
I got the TF10 reshells that I ordered for my cousin today. The build quality seems okay, it's not amazing but it's not too bad. I compared them next to my TF10 reshells. (Black are mine and blue ones were done by inear.)
4/5/13- Arrived at inear
5/18/13- Received in mail

May 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #214 of 484
Quote:
I just wish he would have been up front and honest about delivery times before I sent my IEMs in. I e-mailed him and asked all of the pertinent questions before shipping them off. I was lead to believe that 3 weeks would be enough time to get then done. Starting week #6 and now they are not even returning e-mails. Have not been able to catch anybody on the website chat either.

I bought a pair of Shure Se215s to get me through the gigs while I wait on these. He has probably cost himself orders for 4 more from the rest of my band. I sure hope the fit is right the first time when they finally do show up.

Hey, its really to hard to tell how much time it takes for a reshell. Since In Ear Custom have just started out, you should  be expecting delays. As far as what I know, 5 weeks which includes 2 weeks of shipping is the general agreed time for most reshelling companies including In earZ.. 
But waiting is an art I tell you. I waited 8 weeks for my last reshell with In Ear Custom and it was stolen when in transit. Now I got my second one on the way just coz I was very much happy with the customer service I got from Rob.
So cheers..

May 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #218 of 484
Quote:
I got the TF10 reshells that I ordered for my cousin today. The build quality seems okay, it's not amazing but it's not too bad. I compared them next to my TF10 reshells. (Black are mine and blue ones were done by inear.)
4/5/13- Arrived at inear
5/18/13- Received in mail

Are those the light blues or regular blues? I ordered the light blue and am hoping mine looks like that lol

May 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #219 of 484
I got my in ear customs four days ago and can´t stop listen. Sounds fantastic. Big soundstage and overall very well balanced. Made from my old Shure 535 that didn´t work anymore (the cables were lose). It took a long time to get them but it was well worth the wait. 

May 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #220 of 484
Quote:
Are those the light blues or regular blues? I ordered the light blue and am hoping mine looks like that lol

I have no idea actually, I just wrote "blue" in my paypal receipt and that's what I got. Perhaps that's the only blue they have? You can always show my picture to rob and tell him that's the blue you want.

By the way, my cousin just told me that she has no fit issues and it fits fine.

May 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #221 of 484
Quote:
I have no idea actually, I just wrote "blue" in my paypal receipt and that's what I got. Perhaps that's the only blue they have? You can always show my picture to rob and tell him that's the blue you want.

By the way, my cousin just told me that she has no fit issues and it fits fine.

Thanks, I just emailed them your pic. Rob thinks its the light blue but not 100% sure

May 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #222 of 484
Quote:

To my memory they have two blue shades - one is light blue and the other is the custom blue. The above one looks like a custom blue and so were my first customs that never reached me 
frown.gif

eitherway my second order is on the way and dispatched from US sort facility on 17th May. 

May 24, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #224 of 484
I also just ordered blue and they are dark blue I would say. Looks fine. Trouble now after a few days is that it is a bit uncomfortable for my right ear. It lfeels like the shell is just a little bit to big. But maybe I will get used to it. Anyone else experience that it take some time to wear them in?

May 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #225 of 484
As of Monday it will have been two months since I sent payment.  There have been two issues that both delayed things (mistakes on their part, once in shipping and once in the actual creation of the earphones), in addition to the standard "we don't have enough people" thing they addressed, which I'm more understanding about.

I'm not going to lie, this is quite frustrating at this point.  I know they're a startup and I've tried to be patient and optimistic, especially because they seemed like nice people when I briefly met them, but I'm really hoping the final product winds up being worth this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back