IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #511 of 3,340
2am in Mexico City,I’m super tired,stressed after paying payroll and about to get into the 2 busiest weeks of the year, and yet, I can’t take this iems off,I was telling bob I love my ier m9 but this, this is all I wanted, massive bass, details and depth, the m9 has better imaging though they are pretty neutral and the rah are BASS MONSTERS, but this are in the same level of detail, soundstage I would hand it down to the rah.The only other iems with this soundstage massiveness are the balance 7 and the aten, and this outdo both of em. truly truly impressed, I asked bob if he had any left, he just said “I got one and that’s for me” I’m really glad about that, he did work out a iem that will become a collectible, many hypes come and go, but all the imr have been truly special for those of us that appreciate a massive bass tunning. Heck, Im using my iPhone X right now with em and still found em perfect!!!

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #512 of 3,340
The only way I can describe them is this. It’s too late to find the correct name but those Raal headspeakers with moveable ear cup things, how I imagine those to be the Rah do if that makes any sense, they just are delivering near field monitor type of sound rather than headphone never mind an IEM. Not everything sounds this big but it’s the fact they are so capable to go that far. I was impressed out of the box and I’m maybe around 20-25 hours now.
Not at all. I tried the RAAL quite extensively, to sum it up extremely concisely, while they are incredibly transparent, detailed and with a huge soundstage (as should be expected), they are totally lacking in the lower frequencies (sub bass is virtually inexistent) and quite uncomfortable to wear. Let alone the fact that you would need a 100W min amp to power them (on top of the provided interface). So quite different from the Rah, I would imagine (mine are still stuck in the RM distribution center).

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #513 of 3,340
guys, after reading your comments, waiting 3-4 days until I have them will be longer than the months since I ordered it... :smile_phones:
really impressed by the unanimity of all, although I know that few have received them yet.

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #514 of 3,340
Got mine, will try them later

Dec 14, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #515 of 3,340
OK, i was about to drop my money on the Periodic Be. Because when modded they seem to become an altogether different beast, more balanced and kind of reference sounding (when you check the frequence curve below it imho goes towards reference when modded).
I asked a member here to make a comparison and how they both compete on the technicalities. Would be nice to know. My understanding is that the Be may be more coherent sounding due to a single DD and maybe have softer highs and a more natural timbre (less shiny/metallic sounding).
I have the hope that RAH has made improvements in this department compared to R1. So here is the comparison pictunre RAH vs BE (i tried to match the fequencies a close as possible):

To be honest I find Periodic’s line-up (haven’t heard Carbon) quite mediocre. They sound as they look. It’s pure mid-fi, with glaring defects below the Be, which at least sounds correct but does nothing special. No detachable cables. The Periodic are priced right for what you get. IMR’s products are priced at a fraction of what they’d be if the logo was better known.

You’d tell me Be vs R1 Zenith, I’d be more cautious as you’d get the metallic highs and a less coherent sound. But from the Aten on (haven't received the Rah yet, going off others’ impressions) it’s not even a contest. The Aten filled in the detail, improved vastly the quality of timbres, and sounds very coherent, perhaps by virtue of not employing a crossover (all drivers work concurrently, they just express themselves on the frequency band they are tuned for). Treble is not the softest but that's what the filters are for, some are lush; also as someone with treble sensitivity I’m not bothered even on the most aggressive treble nozzle.

Dec 14, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #516 of 3,340
Oh wow i really thought blue is more dbs in bass then black. I think it might be because it feels more controlled. Anyways difference is mininal at the moment. We wil see in few weeks.
Also if the mid-bass kicks stronger on the blue filters you’d get more of a bass slam indeed than with the black which push big sub-bass.

Dec 14, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #517 of 3,340
To be honest I find Periodic’s line-up (haven’t heard Carbon) quite mediocre. They sound as they look. It’s pure mid-fi, with glaring defects below the Be, which at least sounds correct but does nothing special. No detachable cables. The Periodic are priced right for what you get. IMR’s products are priced at a fraction of what they’d be if the logo was better known.

You’d tell me Be vs R1 Zenith, I’d be more cautious as you’d get the metallic highs and a less coherent sound. But from the Aten on (haven't received the Rah yet, going off others’ impressions) it’s not even a contest. The Aten filled in the detail, improved vastly the quality of timbres, and sounds very coherent, perhaps by virtue of not employing a crossover (all drivers work concurrently, they just express themselves on the frequency band they are tuned for). Treble is not the softest but that's what the filters are for, some are lush; also as someone with treble sensitivity I’m not bothered even on the most aggressive treble nozzle.
I acluallu have to tone trable down a bit. But i ussually listen to Rah at quite high volume due to background noise while commuting.
Red nozzles tones it down a bit and keeps mids solid.
Black nozzle i love the texture of highs more the red. Mids are sumilar.
The rest of filters make it even more v shape.

At the moment i toned 8-10khz down by 2db with black nozzle and it sounds fantastic.

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #520 of 3,340
Who has received RAH - could you share photos of what is included?
Thank you )))))

IMG20191212091533.jpg

And one standard IEM carry case (the same one that comes with the R1 Zenith and R2 Aten.

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #525 of 3,340
Lack of that case in R2 kit became a real big deal for me (((

Sure it would have been nice but you can buy them cheaply enough too.

In the next IMR iterations is like to see a better tip set up supplied. All sizes of each style as a minimum and preferably something more premium but appreciate we all have our own preferences and you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back