IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #527 of 3,340
This is a very nice package with the cases etc. Big filthy sound too with black filter. Amazing for hip hop

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #528 of 3,340
I think I’m going to keep the Rah on black bass and see how the Zenith and Aten sound as a more mid bass slam on the Rah filters.
As @monsieurfromag3 said blue is more slam. Black is smoother subbass.
But mind you subbass from blue is not gone, its almost the same. Thats why i leave towards blue as an ultimate bass experience.
I think Bob really nailed the lows filter tuning with blue and black. Every time i switch to Atlas l prefer Rah bass more and more.

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #529 of 3,340
I think I’m going to keep the Rah on black bass and see how the Zenith and Aten sound as a more mid bass slam on the Rah filters.
What is black bass?

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #530 of 3,340
As @monsieurfromag3 said blue is more slam. Black is smoother subbass.
But mind you subbass from blue is not gone, its almost the same. Thats why i leave towards blue as an ultimate bass experience.
I think Bob really nailed the lows filter tuning with blue and black. Every time i switch to Atlas l prefer Rah bass more and more.

Yeah that’s great. I’m not intending to have no sub bass on the Aten/Zenith, just slightly attenuated to focus on the mid bass in the way you describe. I agree on the abilities of bob to tune for so many preferences too. Atlas shmatlas :)

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #532 of 3,340
I was saying black bass as a shorthand to the black bass lower nozzle as there are 8 bass tuning options with the 8 supplied tuning nozzles.

A more accurate description would be the bass that befits a basshead called bob :)
I see! Mine are still being shipped :sob::sob::sob:

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #535 of 3,340
What is black bass?
It’s the black ooze you’ll be surrounded when you hear the bass on this, thick but fast, responsive but overall addictive, you won’t want anyone to take it off from
You.

had to listen to other headphone this morning, I need something to compare, I brought out the n5005 since it’s one of my top iems, clarity is different on this, way more “polite” positioning its better in the AKG but the sound signature it’s different.

So far the rah is being paired with the 2 pin dunu noble and spiral dots++ with the red/ red filters (it’s my favorite pair on the aten, it’s a personal taste thing) the noble adds more definition to the bass and tightens it up, soundstage as well is a bit wider (spiral dots do the trick as well but the noble is a great cable), did the acoustune oem cable with a 2 pin converter but I felt a bit of sibilance because silver.

will get back to them tonight, just wanted to “clear up” my head.

the n5005 is such an underrated headphone, imo it can compete in the totl league leaving many out of the competition easily

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #536 of 3,340
No sign of mine yet, tracking hasn’t updated since they left Heathrow.
That's normal with RM. I live in Canada and every shipment I've gotten from the UK via RM remained at status "LANGLEY HWDC, Item Leaving the UK"
and only updated to the Canada Post system after it was released to customs and handed over to Canada Post the day of of delivery.... In other words, the shipment remained in a black hole for almost a week and then just showed.

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #537 of 3,340
I’ve just switched to my Aten which I have been using the Zenith black filter for a long time which should be the equivalent of the Aten black blue set and they sound the mid bass slam that I’m after but after the Rah they have no sub bass lol. Almost anemic but still sound incredibly smooth detailed with that upper midrange lower treble focus.

To quote you because it is the perfect description
It’s the black ooze you’ll be surrounded when you hear the bass on this, thick but fast, responsive but overall addictive, you won’t want anyone to take it off from
You.

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #538 of 3,340
Anyone knows a shallow fit wide bore foam tips?
I feel like that would work with rah well.
These are great. Basically its a Comply T400 with much better durability. Large Bore, shallow, comfortable, cheap and cheerful. I use them on Xelentos, Cupids and M3s and will probably use them on The RAHs when they arrive. 12 pair for $5. I've bought from the seller 3 times now. Delivery from China to Vancouver approx 7 Days shipping included. The fit well, feel comfortable, cheap as chips and wear better than Comply -- Cant lose. Try them at the normal nozzle position first; I push them all the way down the nozzle until the base touches the shell. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-3-pair-Memory-Foam-Earbuds-Earmuffs-T100-To-T400-Eartips-for-In-Ear-Earphone/173499907178?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=472191075710&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #540 of 3,340
You.

had to listen to other headphone this morning, I need something to compare, I brought out the n5005 since it’s one of my top iems, clarity is different on this, way more “polite” positioning its better in the AKG but the sound signature it’s different.

So far the rah is being paired with the 2 pin dunu noble and spiral dots++ with the red/ red filters (it’s my favorite pair on the aten, it’s a personal taste thing) the noble adds more definition to the bass and tightens it up, soundstage as well is a bit wider (spiral dots do the trick as well but the noble is a great cable), did the acoustune oem cable with a 2 pin converter but I felt a bit of sibilance because silver.

will get back to them tonight, just wanted to “clear up” my head.

the n5005 is such an underrated headphone, imo it can compete in the totl league leaving many out of the competition easily

What dap are you using? My Eros II in balanced on wm1a i think is making it a bit too bright with spiral dots as gives sharper detail retrieval. Single end is smoother. Back to test red nozzles... Lol. This is so much fun.

By the way how spiral dots++ compare to the old ones?

These are great. Basically its a Comply T400 with much better durability. Large Bore, shallow, comfortable, cheap and cheerful

I will check my dakoni audios, i think they are the same dimensions. I am trying to find something like spiral dot just in foam if it exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back