IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #556 of 3,340
Is there anyone ordering halcyon?

Upon on the release note of halcyon... I feel as tho RAH isn’t the “special” baby from IMR. RAH is getting special cousin too soon and quick?

Not starting hate or anything but I just suddenly feel leftout. Kind of thing.

I’m trying my hardest not to order them but I’ve no idea how successful that will be.

The Rah are still special though regardless if something better comes along. I also hope every special model improves over the previous.

Bob has sent the email a few weeks ago of the projected timeline of the 3 models next year. I could wait until semper at the end of next year to have the TOTL but then there will be a new list for the year after so I could wait even more and what would I benefit? Stuck with the incredible Rah with no hope of improving.
I honestly could not buy anything else I’m that happy.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #557 of 3,340
It is QUITE possible they just missed a scan. Happens all the time. My Cupids from Audio Concierge shipped the same way via RM and got stuck at that status until they showed up at my dor step in Vancouver and then suddenly all the status updates came in. I'm not say saying thats whats happening to yours, I coudnt know that but it's possible. Yet I know how frustrating it is, watching, anticipating, and nothing.... hang in. perhaps write to Bob to start a trace.

Actually this is the tracking from a 3rd party website that checks also the tracking from the delivering company. And usually I receive the IEMs from bob in a week, so it seems quite strange.

upload_2019-12-16_17-50-20.png

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #558 of 3,340
Random thought of the day.

If you could visualise the sound waves coming out of the Zenith, Aten and Rah vents, you would have a pretty good idea of how the soundstage appears to be.
Huh, and I thought the mushroom season was over now . . . :)

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #560 of 3,340
I really like IMR cable on the go it so light and flexible. And not stiff heatshrink. But unfortunately i need my 4.4mm back. Can anyone recommend similar copper cable around to €/£150/$200?

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #564 of 3,340
I love these iems using black and filters. Hit hard but with enough sparkle up top

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #565 of 3,340
It is QUITE possible they just missed a scan. Happens all the time. My Cupids from Audio Concierge shipped the same way via RM and got stuck at that status until they showed up at my dor step in Vancouver and then suddenly all the status updates came in. I'm not say saying thats whats happening to yours, I coudnt know that but it's possible. Yet I know how frustrating it is, watching, anticipating, and nothing.... hang in. perhaps write to Bob to start a trace.

was there any changes to your package update? Mine is pretty much same as last week saying "Your item is now leaving the UK".

Actually this is the tracking from a 3rd party website that checks also the tracking from the delivering company. And usually I receive the IEMs from bob in a week, so it seems quite strange.

Its a Christmas shipping war, I won't be surprised if I see my RAH in the office next week. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #566 of 3,340
I’m trying my hardest not to order them but I’ve no idea how successful that will be.

The Rah are still special though regardless if something better comes along. I also hope every special model improves over the previous.

Bob has sent the email a few weeks ago of the projected timeline of the 3 models next year. I could wait until semper at the end of next year to have the TOTL but then there will be a new list for the year after so I could wait even more and what would I benefit? Stuck with the incredible Rah with no hope of improving.
I honestly could not buy anything else I’m that happy.

If they are uniquely different, I would like to make the purchase but I feel as tho that might not be the case.
So I am in a same situation as you and just might wait for semper!

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #567 of 3,340
If they are uniquely different, I would like to make the purchase but I feel as tho that might not be the case.
So I am in a same situation as you and just might wait for semper!

I feel they are uniquely different more so than the difference between Aten and Zenith.

No planar but rather dual electrostat.
Port venting not on the top and bottom but rather on the back and tuneable.
All in a Rah style shell but slightly different.

That said I still want and was so close to ordering them lol but I’m not sure I can justify the price right now and do believe they will suit those who did not get the Rah. Honestly I’m torn, I want the Semper still ultimately.

It’s funny how we both say we may wait. Decisions decisions.

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #569 of 3,340
I will go for Semper for sure. I was really considering legend x but with my baby coming in july i dont want to stretch it. So Semper is perfect timing. I will change my dap now. While i love my wm1a i would really like to try dx220 and various amp modules.

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #570 of 3,340
I have not received the RAH yet and already getting email to pre order the Halcyon. I think I'll wait too. I'm also intrigued with the Phoenix from Astrotec. They look beautiful and unique but expensive too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back