IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #571 of 3,340
Btw from today's email:

"Sadly there has been a huge amount of people who wanted to buy the Rah after it sold out and even more since people have posted initial impressions. But as this was a special build I had to limit the quantity despite that fact I could have sold more than double than the production run of 200 units."

That's just bs or bad management. Rah project followed the same idea of the crowdfunding and I clearly remember different prices depending on the amount of pre orders. So he limited the quantity because of the numbers in the preorder. Moreover, if you expect to ship more than that, just produce 50 extra. It's really easy money.

Finally, I complained about the timing of the 2020's lineup and someone told me that someone would have complained if it was right before the Rah shipment, and someone else would have complained if it was right after. Well, he did both! :joy:

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #574 of 3,340
From what I've been told the Halcyon is supposed to be a side grade of the Rah rather than a revolution. It was apparently designed to be more mid and treble focused.

Also interesting to note is that only 500 gbp will be applicable for the loyalty bonus. As the deposit of 100 can not be discounted.

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #578 of 3,340
I have ordered them, I have the zenith, I let pass the Aten, now the RAH, then that I have begun to read the opinions of this last one I have remained a little envíos...

From what I've been told the Halcyon is supposed to be a side grade of the Rah rather than a revolution. It was apparently designed to be more mid and treble focused.

Anyone who missed the Rah, I have to advise you to read these and just order the Halcyon. If they are comparable you won’t be disappointed, honestly I’m still mind blown by the Rah. The last time I was this satisfied in audio was 15 years ago and that cost me £5k and that was a SQ car audio system using Focal components, huge Phoenix gold amplifiers, nakamichi head unit, line driver, EQ, bass cube, JL Audio sub and dynamat extreme.

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #579 of 3,340
So, blue/ blue with spiral dots ++ is a winner so far, serious rumble without the sub bass going nuts. Final e tips are quite impressive with this setup but... dunno... there’s a bit of sparkling missing, impressed how much bass they are packing, after 10 hrs or so they haven’t changed that much, which I’m ok with, maybe the bass got tighter, don’t want to let them burn in all alone, they might feel lonely :frowning2:

about the halcyion, I was looking forward for the **** st07 and the shuoer sj04... look, I’m all in for new technologies, electrostats sound like a ton of fun, after looking into the next lineup with imr, I might be spending almost the same, and at least I know I will get the bass I love with em. Do I feel that my rah lost some value....? no, I mean, I love discovering new headphones and this everlasting hobby wont stop, I was supposed to be done with my fh7 and well here we are... I’m all in for an electrostatic from imr, I’ve been hyped before just to found myself unsatisfied with my purchase. I do love however founding good stuff that it’s not in anyone’s radar, the rah is the kind of headphone that just cause of its bass head nature has me all over it happy with it, I’ve been using my zeniths way more than my Atens and definitely the rah will displace the zenith I think, though the zenith are my walking iem cause I don’t like to walk around with something I won’t be able to get back again in case anything happens (being mugged or whatever) the rahs are something quite special and I think are my favorite headphone ever. Whatever comes with the halcyon and semper I think it will be “Luxury” cause the rah is that special. Besides this things are limited, I love how people is telling me “ i will order one next week” (with the rah) I’m like “yeah... right bud...”

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #582 of 3,340
Said every head-fi addict ever...just before buying something else. :beyersmile:

I can’t contest you there and I’m unsure if this proves your point or mine which you quoted, but I’m not the only one in this thread to have said those words lol. (Patiently awaiting the Semper )

The Aten played this great but it is so much more organic on Rah.

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #583 of 3,340
I can’t contest you there and I’m unsure if this proves your point or mine which you quoted, but I’m not the only one in this thread to have said those words lol. (Patiently awaiting the Semper )

The Aten played this great but it is so much more organic on Rah.

I hear you. I jumped the queue and went straight for the 64Audio U12t, so not looking to improve on anything (because I don't think I can really). I'm just loving the rawness of the Aten and look forward to the new inventions coming next year. For me it's about experimentation and fun, not the "next best thing".

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #584 of 3,340
I hear you. I jumped the queue and went straight for the 64Audio U12t, so not looking to improve on anything (because I don't think I can really). I'm just loving the rawness of the Aten and look forward to the new inventions coming next year. For me it's about experimentation and fun, not the "next best thing".

I fully agree with your sentiment. Genuinely happy and don’t need anything more but I want the planar/electrostatic/DD as “experimentation” and not interested in nor never have been in the say latest weekly monthly chifi hot item (which I’m sure are great and totally fine if that’s anyone’s thing, you do that more power to you) I’d rather save the money all that equates to and do the occasional larger purchase experimentation.

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #585 of 3,340
I fully agree with your sentiment. Genuinely happy and don’t need anything more but I want the planar/electrostatic/DD as “experimentation” and not interested in nor never have been in the say latest weekly monthly chifi hot item (which I’m sure are great and totally fine if that’s anyone’s thing, you do that more power to you) I’d rather save the money all that equates to and do the occasional larger purchase experimentation.
Great attitude and place to be. I'm at endgame on both desktop and mobile, but have taken up reviewing as a way of giving something back and learning about new stuff...and there's ALWAYS new stuff. And Bob is definitely a purveyor of new and interesting stuff! The one thing I am wary of is hype trains, which is why I often take the hysteria around any new product launch with a grain of salt (because literally every new 'hot' product launches in exactly the same way, and then just as quickly fades into obscurity).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back