IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #542 of 3,340
Great to hear so many positives, mine are slowly on their way to Australia. I have the R1s but sold them as I could never get on with the fit, been using CA Polaris Mk2 since. Hoping the RAH fit better
While i did not have a problem with R1 zenith fit. Rah improved on fit a lot even though they are bulkier.
Their nozzle is slightly longer now too, due to being made out of 2 parts. This made me get a more secure fit with silicone tips.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #543 of 3,340
waiting to receive the RAH, I read every day the impressions of those who have already received them. I am very excited and look forward to coming to me too.
Meanwhile I wanted to ask those who have already received the RAH ... The rubber pads supplied with the ATEN have a very small diameter, about 3.75mm, instead the ATEN nozzles have a diameter of about 5.5mm. This makes the insertion of the rubbers very difficult. I think they are too small.
What is the situation with RAH?

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #545 of 3,340
Anyone here found the filters that work best for a more mid-range boosted sound with the Rah?

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #546 of 3,340
Anyone here found the filters that work best for a more mid-range boosted sound with the Rah?
Tricky in the sense that I think the planar is offering a smooth refined quality mid so to 'boost' that...?
The nearest Ive come to a balanced sound is Pink lower and gold or red top..although Im using pink bottom and blue top at the moment
TBH. although the bass is awesome, I wish I could tune a more balanced sound over all especially in that its quite a full sound as is
I love the low end...its pretty incredible...but its usually always there...like switching on the bass boost button on an amp and frankly I can find it tiring...if Im tired!
Anything in a mix that always makes itself known..no matter how qualified the quality of it is has the potential to be fatiguing after a while
Having said that I haven't run the gamut of different tips yet :)

EDIT: of course as soon as I write this I find some tips that take off just enough low end to make them a tad more balanced ! o_0 . . . I think KZ stars

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #547 of 3,340
Tricky in the sense that I think the planar is offering a smooth refined quality mid so to 'boost' that...?
The nearest Ive come to a balanced sound is Pink lower and gold or red top..although Im using pink bottom and blue top at the moment
TBH. although the bass is awesome, I wish I could tune a more balanced sound over all especially in that its quite a full sound as is
I love the low end...its pretty incredible...but its usually always there...like switching on the bass boost button on an amp and frankly I can find it tiring...if Im tired!
Anything in a mix that always makes itself known..no matter how qualified the quality of it is has the potential to be fatiguing after a while
Having said that I haven't run the gamut of different tips yet :)

EDIT: of course as soon as I write this I find some tips that take off just enough low end to make them a tad more balanced ! o_0 . . . I think KZ stars

Gotcha; thanks! I'll be trying the pink / red or gold combo as soon as they arrive (possibly Monday or Tuesday; they've already been processed thru Customs last night and are in transit to their final destination, thankfully :)

Dec 15, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #548 of 3,340
Gotcha; thanks! I'll be trying the pink / red or gold combo as soon as they arrive (possibly Monday or Tuesday; they've already been processed thru Customs last night and are in transit to their final destination, thankfully :)

I should add, Im using NewBee foam tips which [for me] at any rate offer the best over balanced sound & fit of all tips Ive tried to date
Also, bear in mind 100hrs is recommended to fully open up the IEM's. Myself and others found a big change in the IMR Atens after around 70 hours..Im only on around 50 with Aten so...
Also again...the Atens can sound different depending on DAP/Sources used !

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #549 of 3,340
Source and tips definately impact what filters work better.
For me personally;
if i go with foams (Dakoni Audio my favs)blue nozzle works best.
If i go for spiral dots - red is best to reduce brightness a bit which also gives some space for mids.
Also my wm1a 4.4mm balance output is brighter then single end, which is smoother.
Ps: just managed to break my Eros ll cable lol. I thought it can withstand a tsunami lol. Need a replacement 4.4mm to 2 pin cable now..

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #550 of 3,340
Source and tips definately impact what filters work better.
For me personally;
if i go with foams (Dakoni Audio my favs)blue nozzle works best.
If i go for spiral dots - red is best to reduce brightness a bit which also gives some space for mids.
Also my wm1a 4.4mm balance output is brighter then single end, which is smoother.
Ps: just managed to break my Eros ll cable lol. I thought it can withstand a tsunami lol. Need a replacement 4.4mm to 2 pin cable now..
Dunu noble 2 pin, seriously good and the trading ends make it an spot on choice

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #551 of 3,340
What are the widest bore tips we can fit? Wouldn't that balance things out?

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #552 of 3,340
Random thought of the day.

If you could visualise the sound waves coming out of the Zenith, Aten and Rah vents, you would have a pretty good idea of how the soundstage appears to be.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #553 of 3,340
Is there anyone ordering halcyon?

Upon on the release note of halcyon... I feel as tho RAH isn’t the “special” baby from IMR. RAH is getting special cousin too soon and quick?

Not starting hate or anything but I just suddenly feel leftout. Kind of thing.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #554 of 3,340
Your item is due to leave Nottingham Mail Centre to go to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre. More information will be available as it travels through our network.

stuck there since 11th Dec.... ***

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #555 of 3,340
Your item is due to leave Nottingham Mail Centre to go to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre. More information will be available as it travels through our network.

stuck there since 11th Dec.... ***
It is QUITE possible they just missed a scan. Happens all the time. My Cupids from Audio Concierge shipped the same way via RM and got stuck at that status until they showed up at my dor step in Vancouver and then suddenly all the status updates came in. I'm not say saying thats whats happening to yours, I coudnt know that but it's possible. Yet I know how frustrating it is, watching, anticipating, and nothing.... hang in. perhaps write to Bob to start a trace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back