IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #496 of 3,340
Bob messed up the paper bar chart he supplied.

Here is a working one. :)

CB716C0C-AACB-4957-95A0-F42C7F7C4820.jpeg

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #497 of 3,340
...Except, good luck differentiating the red and the purple unless you have exactly the right lighting!
Freaked myself out by getting them the wrong way round...thought I had gone mad! :D

. . . Talking of which...30 hours or so later. Is it me or has the bass really tightened up and lost a lot of its flabby, blooms?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #500 of 3,340
I have the strangest ear canals and I sometimes have to change tips multiple times per day and others I can go all day on a particular set then another day all day on a different set. All sizes in one style work and foam and silicone. I have no real preference really, just whatever works that day and minute.

That said, I believe I would be most content with double flange. Has anyone any experience with spin fit CP240 double flange and also the CP100?

Does the spin part actually work as advertised?

What size are the supplied double flange as they work but I think I do need a smaller size and spinfits are expensive for a single pair and nobody appears to sell S/M/L as a set. Anybody shed some light on these?

These questions has zero relevance to sound and is purely fitment.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #501 of 3,340
3 minutes into the rah

Luminol by Steven Wilson

who knows about the bass and drums in that track, knows that they are truly in your face from second 1... just texted bob to tell him he outdid himself. I should have bought 2... impressive, truly damn impressive

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #503 of 3,340
This is a monster huge stage on the Rah, it’s pure filth in the best way possible, I’m absolutely blown away.

YouTube through sky tv.
Optical out to Grace SDAC-B.
SE out to Fiio A5.
SE to Rah out black black.

It has zero rights to be this good through this set up.

HOLY crap :)

And another :)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #505 of 3,340
That said, I believe I would be most content with double flange. Has anyone any experience with spin fit CP240 double flange and also the CP100?

Does the spin part actually work as advertised?

What size are the supplied double flange as they work but I think I do need a smaller size and spinfits are expensive for a single pair and nobody appears to sell S/M/L as a set. Anybody shed some light on these?

Contrary to its name, there is actually no moving parts for spinfits. All it involves is a narrowing "groove" on the center and acting like a joint it allows it to pivot in a small direction contouring somewhat to your ears shape without compromising bore diameter. If you use the search on this site there are others who discussed this topic better than I.

I had purchased the 230 for the zeniths, but they just barely grasp the filters and feel they might come off as you remove them from your ear so you might get the 220 or 240 for a more secure fit. They do come in alternative sizes M1 and M2 which further complicates matters as the M2 are slightly larger than M1 in upper and lower flange width and overall height, but the bore diameter remains the same 4mm for CP240 and 4.4mm for CP220. As a guide if you use large eartips or have large ear canals stick with the M2 otherwise go for M1. My 230 are in the M2 sizing, only size available for this type, and they do well without discomfort from a deeper fit. Unfortunately I can't upload the sizing info so a quick search will show you.
The upper flange is made from a very thin and pliable silicon akin to a contract lens and the bottom is much stiffer. Together they do isolate outside sound quite a bit and due to their "grippy" feel they may suit you well.

I really did like them unfortunately similar to you I have one weird ear canal and it makes one side useless as it cannot bend in two directions for my right ear. Left ear no problem any tips whatever, I could stick a q-tip straight in and pierce my eardrum, do that for my right and I'll hit a wall or ridges of cartilage long before find my eardrum and for that reason I must resign myself to tri-flange tips as that are the only ones where I don't have to fidget or hold the tips in place every time I move my jaw to correct the sound.
tmp-cam--1098874554.jpg

Sorry if this is more than you asked kinda went on a roll lol.:ksc75smile:

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #506 of 3,340
Absolutely not too much info. I saved myself the time trying to write out my problems but suffice to say I have many issues like yourself and whilst I have little info you managed to hit the nail on the head pretty much.

I appreciate you taking the time for a lengthy reply. Ears suck, Rah’s do NOT

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #507 of 3,340
This is a monster huge stage on the Rah, it’s pure filth in the best way possible, I’m absolutely blown away.

YouTube through sky tv.
Optical out to Grace SDAC-B.
SE out to Fiio A5.
SE to Rah out black black.

It has zero rights to be this good through this set up.

HOLY crap :)

And another :)

OK you justoved the needle from exuberance to hype..... And I LOVE it!

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #509 of 3,340
OK you justoved the needle from exuberance to hype..... And I LOVE it!

The only way I can describe them is this. It’s too late to find the correct name but those Raal headspeakers with moveable ear cup things, how I imagine those to be the Rah do if that makes any sense, they just are delivering near field monitor type of sound rather than headphone never mind an IEM. Not everything sounds this big but it’s the fact they are so capable to go that far. I was impressed out of the box and I’m maybe around 20-25 hours now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back