IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #466 of 3,340
@EWASS I thought the same, i own R1 zenith and i'm waiting RAH.
So I bought Shuoer Tape to understand low voltage electrostatic driver "taste" and compare it with RAH
I will definately go for Semper.
I think bob needs to ditch piezo tweeter.
Just looking at Atlas DD highs, they are ever so slightly more lush and more realistic. If higher end gets a different drive dedicated not sure planar or electrostat as i never heard stats. I think ultimate totl iem can be achieved.

But then again Rah are nowhere near burnt in. And all those nozzle configs is like buying parfume where you get lost between smells if you spend too much time testing it. So time will tell.

No doubt however, that Rah is contender with other flagships of big boys.

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #467 of 3,340
@EWASS I thought the same, i own R1 zenith and i'm waiting RAH.
So I bought Shuoer Tape to understand low voltage electrostatic driver "taste" and compare it with RAH

Ive had the Tape for a couple of months now - Brilliant IEM in its own right. Quite different to Rah though but I think after listening to the Tape and imposing the clean accurate potentials of the sound of the electrostat into an IMR is a frightening [ly awesome] idea.
PS: when you get the Tapes give them some good burn in. For some they can be too bright at first. Marrying them with a good foam tip and a warmer DAP though and you are in for a real treat. the sort of IEM...like the Rah that I may well end up never selling!

PPS: after 24 hours, some of the low end 'bloom' of the Rah's has already settled down somewhat..Im almost scared of how they will sound after they reach their full potential :)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #468 of 3,340
I have both the Tape and waiting for the RAH to arrive and I'm scared that the Tape will outperform the RAH at a third of the price... So far the Tape is the perfect IEM for me.

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #469 of 3,340
@opiumhum are you joking? have you ever listen to IMR? :)

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #470 of 3,340
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #472 of 3,340
I have both the Tape and waiting for the RAH to arrive and I'm scared that the Tape will outperform the RAH at a third of the price... So far the Tape is the perfect IEM for me.

The Tape is a superb early implementation of an elec driver in an IEM. But to reiterate what others have said the Rah is in a whole other league
Tape is at the top of Chi Fi but IMR is very much up there with the big boys in the premier Leagues :D

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #473 of 3,340
Very much looking forward to next week. Should be getting a isfit fusion delivered Monday and the Rah later in the week (I hope...I’m on the US east coast and USPS has already taken possession of the package in London). Very curious to see how the Rahs stack up with the rest of my collection. Going to be a fun holiday season!

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #474 of 3,340
Very much looking forward to next week. Should be getting a isfit fusion delivered Monday and the Rah later in the week (I hope...I’m on the US east coast and USPS has already taken possession of the package in London). Very curious to see how the Rahs stack up with the rest of my collection. Going to be a fun holiday season!

Had the Fusion attempt to be delivered to my home address today (no one in, so will be picking it up tomorrow), so will be comparing that against the Rah next week as well. :wink:

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #475 of 3,340
Picked my Rahs up from the post office today. As with the previous 3 IMRs I have they sound a bit muffled and rough out of the box. I will let them warm up for a while before having a good listen. I have been concentrating on my fairly high end speaker system recently however so it may take a while to get used to IEMs again. Anyone know what the spare silver bass filter is that I found in the cable clip bag?

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #476 of 3,340
Anyone have comparison thoughts between the low end of Camp Atlas, IMR Zenith default filter and Rah default filter?

I feel Atlas is a tad heavy on the bass, but has good detail. My Zenith with black filters sound a little recessed with the mids. Hoping the planar on the Rah will bring the mid range a little more forward.

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #477 of 3,340
Picked my Rahs up from the post office today. As with the previous 3 IMRs I have they sound a bit muffled and rough out of the box. I will let them warm up for a while before having a good listen. I have been concentrating on my fairly high end speaker system recently however so it may take a while to get used to IEMs again. Anyone know what the spare silver bass filter is that I found in the cable clip bag?
Its not a spare, its the lowest bass quantity nozzle in the set - the card in the box is wrong/ See here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2230/9199/files/IMR-Filter-Card.pdf?223

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #478 of 3,340
One thing I did immediately notice with the Rah is that soundstage depth and height is a lot better than with the previous IEMs. As we all know, depth was a particular area that needed working on so that's made me happy

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #479 of 3,340
Its not a spare, its the lowest bass quantity nozzle in the set - the card in the box is wrong/ See here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2230/9199/files/IMR-Filter-Card.pdf?223
Forgive me if I'm just being dense, but I can't make heads or tails of that IMR bar chart with bass on top and treble on the bottom. Is it trying to indicate the relative amount of bass of the filters? Do those bars have any indication of relative attenuation/effect on treble?

Looking at the frequency chart, it looks like there's actually a pretty small differences between the filters when it comes to bass, but there is quite a bit more difference in terms of mids and treble with different filters having different peaks.

Can someone please help me out with reading the bar chart? It's just very unclear what it is trying to communicate. I have never owned an IMR irm before, so I'm not making a factual statement about the effect of the filters, just trying to get a sense of their intent in terms of effect on sound.

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #480 of 3,340
The upper filter nozzle is the graph. 41926706-6CEF-4FCC-A2D3-BD57DC412E91.jpeg

The bar chart is the lower filter nozzle and don’t look at the graph. Lots of bass to none.
0682A62B-04CC-402E-A1B1-9CE43929FAC4.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back