IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #676 of 3,340
Would like to know if you think there is. Any ideas?

I'm having such a great time with the Flare Pro 2 HD ATM listening to my EDM playlists (psy, goa, ethno, dub, glitch mostly and a bit of techno) that I could be tempted to make a similar statement. I shall give the Aten another go when I get bored with these.

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #677 of 3,340
I'm having such a great time with the Flare Pro 2 HD ATM listening to my EDM playlists (psy, goa, ethno, dub, glitch mostly and a bit of techno) that I could be tempted to make a similar statement. I shall give the Aten another go when I get bored with these.
I Admit they look interesting. But do those 5.5mm peanuts deliver as much bass? Is the soundstage as wide as rah?
Reason i said rah is ideal for Edm because i personally think soundstage and bass are 2 things that electronic music must have plenty. And rah does that best so far i have heard.
Of course there is no way i heard enough iems to judge realistically. Doubt anyone has. It was meant more as Rah praise than litteral statement. We all have different preferences and tastes.

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #678 of 3,340
@chickenmoon - good to see another Flares Pro 2HD fan on here. Those little 5.5mm beryllium drivers rock.

@Skullar For my particular preferences, If day the 2HD and Rah are pretty different. The Flares unit can slam, and does dig ultra deep with a big stage, but if an order of magnitude less in terms of quantity to the Rah on the bassier filters. It's much more of a neutral take with a hint of natural/musical to it in the lower end. Both excellent IEMs.

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #679 of 3,340
@chickenmoon - good to see another Flares Pro 2HD fan on here. Those little 5.5mm beryllium drivers rock.

@Skullar For my particular preferences, If day the 2HD and Rah are pretty different. The Flares unit can slam, and does dig ultra deep with a big stage, but if an order of magnitude less in terms of quantity to the Rah on the bassier filters. It's much more of a neutral take with a hint of natural/musical to it in the lower end. Both excellent IEMs.
Would you say those flares would do black/death metal well?

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #681 of 3,340
Dec 18, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #682 of 3,340
Would you say those flares would do black/death metal well?

Don't listen to any of that sort of music - Metallica and Tremonti is about as far as I go down the thrash route, and they handle both of those well.

Can confirm the Atlas is a great IEM for metal too.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #685 of 3,340
dear friends, sorry if i say this 3d is for RAH. Talk about other IEMs in specific trends or in the sales forum.
Thanks for understanding.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #686 of 3,340
Waaaah, mine just arrived!

Incredible, mine was registered on 04 December. The 13th of December is still in England and no more updates.
Regular mail would have done much better:rage::rage::rage:

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #687 of 3,340
Incredible, mine was registered on 04 December. The 13th of December is still in England and no more updates.

Same situation for me - usually shipping to the UAE is quick but this time it hasn't moved out of Nottingham. I understand it's the christmas rush but still..... this is a bit sad. Won't be a christmas with Rah's in my ears for sure.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #688 of 3,340
Finally, after one week sitting in Nottingham, "Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country."

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #689 of 3,340
First impressions: holy crap, this is a bass monster (with black filters). A bit too much even, the bass pressure swallows some of the details in bass heavy tracks - the Shuoer Tape has equally deep reaching bass but its more controlled and not as dominating. However i'm very very pleased already, now i have to figure out these filters, its a bit overwhelming :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back