IMR - R1 Thread
Jul 30, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #2,956 of 3,190
This is what I posted this afternoon on the R2 Ate thread:
If he has (any evidence) he better share it, together with the evidence supporting the accusations of Head-fi "aiding and abetting". He's out, as far as I'm concerned. Bob may be a tad slow some times, but he's been greatly supporting his customers in every possible way, as far as IMR is concerned (I have no experience regarding Trinity).
Right he should...

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #2,957 of 3,190
Same address as TA; hired in TA by owner, who happens to be his wife; new company founded straight after scamming loads of people for for >100K$ - yeah, he is defo clean as cristal and there is nothing bad or wrong going on there.

Just admit that you like the product so much that you dont care it was funded from stealed money.

PS. Old thief saying says: "If they catch you stealing red handed just say it is not your hand"

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #2,958 of 3,190
Same address as TA; hired in TA by owner, who happens to be his wife; new company founded straight after scamming loads of people for for >100K$ - yeah, he is defo clean as cristal and there is nothing bad or wrong going on there.

Just admit that you like the product so much that you dont care it was funded from stealed money.

PS. Old thief saying says: "If they catch you stealing red handed just say it is not your hand"
I don’t condone scams, in fact I absolutely despise scammers, and yet I buy from IMR. Why? Because I believe life is more complicated than such a message makes it out to be.

In all of my exchanges and dealings with Bob as a customer, he has been a paragon of honesty and care. This includes my original purchase of B-stock R1 at a deep discount, in such a mint state that he could easily have flipped them full-price or with a much more modest slash in price; my return of the Zenith, speedily processed, no questions asked and with original shipping refunded; and him painstakingly not pushing me towards buying the R2, although I was stoked and ripe for the taking.
Early impressions of the R2 underline what great value IMR manages to cram into each new line.

From what recently transpired there is an NDA covering his departure from Trinity. His silence on the subject, in spite so many damaging public attacks, suggests this to be true. There seem to be layers and layers to this particular crap-cake.

Yes, the Zenith launch was botched because of a polarity error. Yes, the R2 launch has been delayed. But Bob stood by his customers and fixed the Zenith issues, replacing the faulty parts and offering complimentary cables to those affected; some apparently didn't get their cables, which is bad, but I suspect Bob was simply out of cables, as he had been selling them at a discount to move the remainder of his stock and the R2 cables are all new. And the R2 orders are getting filled, people are posting their initial impressions as we speak.

The confusion surrounding the early Zenith issues, the recent announcement and subsequent retraction of a budget R1, the limited numbers of units and Bob's decision to remain boutique, all of that speaks volumes to me. What a very disorganized criminal he would be, launching scams to then fill his victims' orders with bonus loyalty promo codes, servicing every faulty unit, sending out new parts and gifts, cashing in on a new product before refunding everyone when he pulls it from sale...

I'll add that losing out on a Kickstarter does not in all cases equate getting "scammed." It's more like a risky investment not paying off. As someone who invested 10K in crypto right around bubble time, I'm pissed that my investment has lost 75% of its value but knew the risks involved. A Kickstarter is not the same obviously, I'm not trying to lecture anyone, I'd be gutted if I'd lost money in the Trinity debacle, KS be damned. But it's pretty easy to dig yourself into a 100K hole on an ambitious industrial endeavor.

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #2,959 of 3,190
Any one that are promoting scammers in ANY WAY are nothing but scammers them self's. This whole thing is just wrong in every way. Interpol must be involved, id say.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,960 of 3,190
Any one that are promoting scammers in ANY WAY are nothing but scammers them self's. This whole thing is just wrong in every way. Interpol must be involved, id say.
You are, of course, right. Promoting scammers is wrong.

Can you prove - besides your belief, and the belief of others - that this person is a scammer? If you can’t, then it is all just opinion. You can have yours, and anyone else can have theirs. But, since it is just opinion, no one should be surprised that not a single opinion will change.

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #2,963 of 3,190
Bought 2 cables for the Zenith myself, the difference in Sound is minor, if it even exists and is not only present in my mind. A slightly larger Soundstage, perhaps.
Anyways, the reason to get new cables is definitely the improvement in terms of comfort for the R1 Zenith.
Can you point me to or share a link to the cables you bought? I've been of the impression that the Zenith doesn't play nice with aftermarket cables.

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #2,964 of 3,190
Damn, it is funny how everyone is jumping on the hate and accusation wagon now. Just because one Person promoted his loud opinion in a video on the Internet. As long as there is no prove, which there isn't so far, there is no reason to assume anything... And especially not to 'involve Interpol' or similar things. Put the pitchforks away for another day, when there is actually any evidence, besides him working for Trinity in the past. His wife might be involve as well, of course, but we don't even know how the Situation is between the two, and also there seems to be a third major person in Trinity, which i can't recall the name of right now.

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #2,965 of 3,190
Can you point me to or share a link to the cables you bought? I've been of the impression that the Zenith doesn't play nice with aftermarket cables.
One was a simple Nicehck 8 and 16 core cable, the other the Arete Series MK3 by Null Audio. I decided to return the Null Audio cable tho, simply because i did not feel the improvement worth 70$ difference in price. You can find pictures of the nicehck one on Page 176, i think. Although that Was the 8 core Version, which i picked up for around 6$ and arrived earlier than the 16 core one.
Also, with aftermarket cables you might have to connect on side of the cable the other way around, to get the right polarity, because of the weird wiring of the Zenith.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,966 of 3,190
Damn, it is funny how everyone is jumping on the hate and accusation wagon now. Just because one Person promoted his loud opinion in a video on the Internet. As long as there is no prove, which there isn't so far, there is no reason to assume anything... And especially not to 'involve Interpol' or similar things. Put the pitchforks away for another day, when there is actually any evidence, besides him working for Trinity in the past. His wife might be involve as well, of course, but we don't even know how the Situation is between the two, and also there seems to be a third major person in Trinity, which i can't recall the name of right now.
You shouldn’t be too surprised... this the internet, and that’s one of the upsides and downsides - everyone has a platform and anyone can say anything.

Ultimately I have to remind myself... never argue with stupid or crazy... they will never listen to you and ultimately they will drag you down to their level...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back