IMR - R1 Thread
Jul 29, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #2,941 of 3,175

holsen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Posts
2,012
Likes
2,927
Location
Vancouver, Canada
would guess about 11-12

I've got the Final E Medium at home. Just finishing up reading the whole thread. I'll measure and report if I don't find the question answered between this post and the last...
 
Jul 29, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #2,942 of 3,175

holsen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Posts
2,012
Likes
2,927
Location
Vancouver, Canada
It's 159 and the loyalty code is 35% off so how did you get it for 65? Edit: Nevermind it's 100 when added to cart.
Is this R1R still available somewhere? I too am very interested in a non ported version.
 
Jul 29, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #2,943 of 3,175

holsen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Posts
2,012
Likes
2,927
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Is this R1R still available somewhere? I too am very interested in a non ported version.
Nevermind... I see that this one has been canceled.
 
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #2,945 of 3,175

holsen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Posts
2,012
Likes
2,927
Location
Vancouver, Canada
I've got the Final E Medium at home. Just finishing up reading the whole thread. I'll measure and report if I don't find the question answered between this post and the last...
Just measured the Final E Series Medium Tip. Uncompressed it's 11mm edge to edge
 
Jul 30, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #2,949 of 3,175

Xintaur

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 4, 2019
Posts
152
Likes
172
Location
Germany
As a new (and very satisfied) customer of IMR it would be nice if someone could give some insight of what actually happened. According to this video Bob was the owner of Trinity. As far i know he was just a co-owner tho, and left a while ago to found IMR Acoustics (because of the dirty business in Trinity?). For me he is totally trustworthy, even though the shipping of his newest product was pretty delayed.
 
Jul 30, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #2,950 of 3,175

capnjack

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Posts
1,150
Likes
891
Location
England
Personally, I’ve got 6 Trinity iems and R1z, never had any problems with Bob. I got out on the Trinity hype-train early and got refunds on my pre-orders without any problems. Just my 2c worth.
 
Jul 30, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #2,951 of 3,175

Jackpot77

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Posts
2,675
Likes
5,751
Location
Bristol, UK
As a new (and very satisfied) customer of IMR it would be nice if someone could give some insight of what actually happened. According to this video Bob was the owner of Trinity. As far i know he was just a co-owner tho, and left a while ago to found IMR Acoustics (because of the dirty business in Trinity?). For me he is totally trustworthy, even though the shipping of his newest product was pretty delayed.

Bottom line, no one REALLY know what went on at the tail end of Trinity's demise. Bob was the face of the company, and very active on Head-Fi. The preorfers started going south with their Hunter model - from what I understand, the machining of the resonance chambers inside the titanium shell was basically too difficult and costly for the original manufacturer, so put Trinity in a deep hole as they had already taken (and spent) most of the pre order money.

There followed a period of new product preorfers (despite the fact there were two or three existing orders that hadn't shipped), and the Trinity reps were downright lying, with constant claims of "shipping next week" or "already shipped".

Eventually the money ran out, a load of orders didn't get filled (or the IEMs turned out to be cr@p), and in a few cases models were even missing drivers internally when taken apart. Bob left some time in the middle of all of this - he was the director listed, but Joe Watts at Rockjaw was also involved with Trinity.

Bob has since talked to a few people, and I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes in terms of who was running things and making the actual business decisions than appeared externally. He has also mentioned there was an NDA involved in his departure from the firm, so if you believe him, that explains why a lot of this stuff is still shrouded in secrecy.

Fast forward a while and Bob launched IMR.

On a personal level, I've spoken to Bob and tend to believe his version of events, so was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the new brand. There are a lot of disgruntled or downright angry Trinity customers who choose not to believe him, and that's their right. It's also their right to make noise and chase up what they are owed, as at the end of the day Trinity did screw a lot of people over, and in a pretty nasty way.

As it currently stands, Bob has built a fair bit of customer loyalty with IMR customers by delivering all the models he has taken orders on (albeit the R2 has been delayed slightly), and people seem pretty happy with the customer service he is offering. I can see both sides of this - if you were a Trinity customer, you have every right to feel aggrieved and vote with your feet/wallet, and if you are an IMR customer, Bob has done right by people so far in terms of products and delivery since starting his new venture, so it's up to individuals to decide whether to do business with him or not. Given his history with Trinity, any unexpected delays or pre-order offers when another IEM is still waiting on shipping will probably trigger a negative reaction from ex-Trinity backers, given everything that went on previously.

On a musical level, I think the R1 and R1Z are both a step up from anything he did at Trinity (and I had most of the models at differing points). Hope that helps?
 
Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #2,952 of 3,175

AverageDude

Formerly known as SchiitHead
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Posts
467
Likes
882
Location
Brussels, Belgium
Really? He just called out what should be called out. Should he be more polite? lol
Hum... yes, why not? I have absolutely nothing against cursing (which I use more than most), but hbb is a public figure...
On top of that, as @Jackpot77 repeated, there are no clear evidence that Bob was actually the one pulling the strings at Trinity. There is a possibility that he actually was (a strong one if it makes hbb happy), but no actual (judicial) case was made of it.
Even if there was a 90% chance that Bob was a « con artist », there would then be a 10% chance that he actually is an honest person...
What hbb did is not only inarticulate, uneducated, misbehaved and bad mannered, but it also is dangerous and inconsiderate in case Bob actually is not as dishonest as hbb claims.
Hbb totally lost any credit as far as I am concerned...
But I guess I will be told I can s... his f... c...
 
Jul 30, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,953 of 3,175

mbwilson111

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 13, 2016
Posts
9,250
Likes
17,154
Location
From Michigan & Upstate NY but live in UK
Personally, I’ve got 6 Trinity iems and R1z, never had any problems with Bob. I got out on the Trinity hype-train early and got refunds on my pre-orders without any problems. Just my 2c worth.

You were lucky. We are out around 300 pound. Icarus IV, a promised headphone, and something else.
 
Jul 30, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #2,954 of 3,175

cleg

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Posts
1,430
Likes
4,230
Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews just ripped into IMR on youtube lol.

I really admire his love towards me in particular :) Probably the most attentive follower of my reviews. Anyway, I like both versions of R1 too much, so I regret nothing :)

Well, actually I regret that I didn't get SP1000 as a gift from A&K as it was mentioned in that video. It was a gift of course, but it was a gift that I made to myself, paid for it. Fun to see, how lies are spreading

P.S. R1Z replacement actually was one of the best examples of customer service I've ever seen.
 
Jul 30, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #2,955 of 3,175

jeffhawke

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Posts
938
Likes
651
Location
Silvaplana, Switzerland
Hum... yes, why not? I have absolutely nothing against cursing (which I use more than most), but hbb is a public figure...
On top of that, as @Jackpot77 repeated, there are no clear evidence that Bob was actually the one pulling the strings at Trinity. There is a possibility that he actually was (a strong one if it makes hbb happy), but no actual (judicial) case was made of it.
Even if there was a 90% chance that Bob was a « con artist », there would then be a 10% chance that he actually is an honest person...
What hbb did is not only inarticulate, uneducated, misbehaved and bad mannered, but it also is dangerous and inconsiderate in case Bob actually is not as dishonest as hbb claims.
Hbb totally lost any credit as far as I am concerned...
But I guess I will be told I can s... his f... c...
This is what I posted this afternoon on the R2 Ate thread:
If he has (any evidence) he better share it, together with the evidence supporting the accusations of Head-fi "aiding and abetting". He's out, as far as I'm concerned. Bob may be a tad slow some times, but he's been greatly supporting his customers in every possible way, as far as IMR is concerned (I have no experience regarding Trinity).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top