IMR - R1 Thread
Dec 7, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #1,366 of 3,190
Im totally happy with my current R1. Really happy. But its hard to resist and NOT PUSH the pre-order button for the new Zenith "herman munster screws" :grin: Psychological well placed offer... i need serious help niahahahaha :ghost:

Don't jump up and down through the floor, Herman!

Might as well get them now. Better than paying twice the cost later or waiting for B stock many months later.

Ohhhh Lilly!

That's one of those shows that still funny 50 years later.

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #1,367 of 3,190
Wanna see some actual prototypes?

Got 'em from Bob after winning them on his Instagram page. He made it clear these were early concept that did not cut the mustard so were scraped. "They won't sound as good as your R1's" he said.

Of course Bob was right, but I didn't realize it until I put the R1 back on. These really sound great, but the sub-bass and R1's expansive soundstage isn't quite there. This port does alter the sound though; which makes me think that the design he finally chose for the Zenith could be a significant change.

And Bob threw in 3 cables to play with: the stock 3.5mm (which I'm pretty sure is thinner than stock R1), a 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm silver plated. Honestly, I truly wish that TA does not continue to pop up here because IMR/Bob has been nothing but courteous, professional and loyal to his R1 customers while putting out straight-up outstanding IEMs.

That's interesting. I wonder if it has the 2nd version of the ceramic driver that's been used on the Zenith? Or if it's just a different housing...

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,369 of 3,190
So far my R1s have been excellent and Bob has been extremely supportive. Buying the Zenith is very tempting, yet how much of an upgrade can we expect.. Difficult really. I for one am not even bothered by the current stock cable.

A trade-in deal would be great, but that might not cover the B-stock (which appears to be very popular around here). I do wonder what he would (will) do with the returned R1s.

Sell it as C-stock :p

Dec 9, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #1,372 of 3,190
I just preordered it today! Review will be coming early to mid March depending on date of delivery.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #1,374 of 3,190
the deal is more and more lucrative by the moment! BTW, Pre-order ends on 12th December. Just thought of letting ppl know who are on the edge whether to buy the zenith or not
Oh man, another £100 off with trade in of monitors, cable and filters.

Actually, email says "£100 credit back". Not clear what that means. Pre-order at £250, send your R1 back after you get the Zenith and then Bob send you £100?
He will probably give a discount of £100 over the original pre-order price

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,375 of 3,190
A used R1 first gen is more worth than 100 bucks. But i wont sell my R1 because its performing so good and i dont want to sell a "running system". The best option is to just buy the Gen 2 for 250 bucks, wait till all pre-orders are over and sell it for 400 bucks :innocent: ...Just joking.

Only few days left and i still did not press the per-order button :confused:

Dec 9, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,377 of 3,190
It's not 250 bucks, it's 250 gbp which is 317 bucks and does that include shipping? Still a lotta $. Also if the ergonomics/size hasn't been chizzled down I will not be buying since the R1 under nozzle rubbed on both my outer ears physically and for hundreds of dollars that's simply unnaceptable.

Dec 9, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #1,378 of 3,190
100 pounds is a fair offer, especially as I don't see any mention of exclusion on grounds of b-stock or cosmetic imperfections (some of the shells were showing some colour shifting). Still leaves me wondering whether this just represents an additional discount from Bob, or whether he will actually try to refurbish them.

Anyway, not selling mine for 100 pounds (90 after you subtract shipping). Hovering over the preorder button though.

Dec 9, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #1,380 of 3,190
Does anyone have any thoughts on the IMR thin braided silver plated cable?

I ordered the cable with my polished R1. Its really lightweight and very flexible. The connector and cablesplitter are made of plastic and they are very sturdy, light and minimalistic in size. I prefer this over fancy bulky metal connectors & splitters and if it accidently dangle against your precious DAP-screen it will leave no scratches. If i had more than one IEM with a 0.78mm double-pin connector i would buy this cable for every IEM.

If i finally chose to pre-order the R1 Zenith theres no further thought needed to add this cable to the purchase. For me this cable is all i need to make me cable-happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back